“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I attended this resort for a conference for the first time. Very relaxing place, clean rooms. Spa was excellent! I cannot say enough about the service staff running the conference. They were very attentive and our needs never went unattended. I would also like to point that Matt, our server at the pool, was the best waiter we had at the resort. He bent over backwards to make sure we had the best customer service possible! Very impressed!!!! Will be back for vacation for sure!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My biggest issue is the total LACK of management contact. I'd left a phone message and sent the GM 2 emails about the sewage smell that occurs throughout the day.

Additionally, the housekeeping is poor, and room was dirty, including a pair of kids socks left under the ottoman, that house keeping missed. There is a spider web in one corner that is huge.

Further, there are A LOT of mosquitos in the room. We kill 20-30 a day, and are not opening the doors. The seem to get in another way.

Positives, we received good Platinum recognition and a nice upgrade (expect for the filth and smell).

Room Tip: Rooms are super far from check in. Park near Spa if your located out that way. Saves a lot of walkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Overall, I very nice place. Was here for a three-day conference. The service by the conference staff was very professional and friendly.

The food was good and the rooms are very comfortable.

My take is that this us a great place for a conference, but would chose other Starwood properties in Phoenix or Scottsdale for a personal vacation.

• Stayed September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

There are two hotels on the Gila Indian Reservation named WILDHORSE PASS HOTEL. My former flatmate and I stayed at the Sheraton Wildhorse Pass Resort, which is not connected to the Casino, located about 3 miles west of the Interstate 10 Freeway.

The road to reach the Resort is narrow and winding, passing numerous golf courses and natural scenery. Hotel Registration is basically at the end of the road. If you don’t want the valet to park your vehicle, there are 2 self parking areas, both located far from Registration. We parked in Maricopa Area and had to pull luggage through long hallways and use the elevator before reaching Check in Desk on the third floor. Along the way we passed a room with the screen door blown off its rollers, leaning against a patio chair.

As an SPG Gold Member I requested 4 PM late check out, which was granted immediately by Brandi, who greeted me in her Native Language. She upgraded our room as well, which turned out to be close to Registration on the same floor. I chose Points as my Welcome Amenity.

The Room is designated as STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST ROOM by a plaque on the door. The décor is beautiful Native influence using natural wood and tones to color the resort and rooms. The patio view was spectacular—overlooking the Pools and Golf Courses—mountain ranges in the far distance with expanses of natural desert beauty.
There are colorful framed pieces of Art by Local Artists on the walls, and leather armchair with footrest featuring a cotton throw blanket also designed by Native Artists. There is HD large screen with HD programming and a mini-bar with fully stocked wet bar. Bathrobe, hair dryer, coffee maker and a small safe are also provided.

The best feature of the room is definitely the bed—so comfortable and covered with billowy pillows. I could’ve slept all day and night if I were allowed. But we decided to go to the Casino for dinner (we won enough money to pay for it!) at Louis and Ling Asian Restaurant. We also checked out ARIA, the nightclub at the Casino, which has no cover on a Saturday night. Perfect place to have a nightcap on the open air patio behind the live DJ. We slept very well when we returned to the Hotel.

Breakfast in Ko’Sin Restaurant featured a buffet as well as ala carte menu The food options are many including sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, smoked trout, lox, cereals, breads & croissants, pancakes, etc. Unfortunately the eggs were not done well and could be cut into squares with a knife. I opted for the made-to-order omelette instead. Buffet comes with free coffee & orange juice. I tried the tap water and found it slightly syrupy. We charged the meal to our room.

Management came knocking at 12:15 PM despite my 4 PM checkout. A man with a clipboard informed me that we “weren’t on the list” when I told him I asked for late check out. We had put out the DO NOT DISTURB sign the night before but this did not seem to have much influence at the time. I suggest a phone call to the room before knocking under these circumstances. I had wanted to stay and use the pool but this incident and a massive approaching dust storm made me decide to leave early.

Checkout was quick and efficient. I dragged my luggage back down the long hallways and elevator back to Maricopa parking area. When I exited the Hotel I now saw two (2)screen doors blown off their hinges—both leaning on patio furniture.

Room Tip: Any rooms facing the Pools have a super view of the Natural Desert.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel staff couldn't be more helpful. We had a suite with an adjoining room and it was
plenty big for 2 adults and 3 kids. The pool area with one slide is ok. Not enough shade. We took the boat over to Rawhide town for dinner and the kids enjoyed the food, petting zoo, rock climbing wall, stage coach ride and more.Overall in 2 days and one night we packed a lot of fun in

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Globe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went with three girlfriends for an all day spa day and overnight stay. The spa was immaculate, with plenty of amenities and towels and pretty much anything you could need. The three services we all booked were also exceptional and the staff well trained and professional. We enjoyed the indoor jacuzzi and the outdoor pool, the lunch at the spa cafe in our robes, it was an excellent total decompression. Only negative at the spa was that our packages were supposed to include champagne during the pedicures which we did not receive. After dinner and checking in at the hotel, we went down to the pools and found one with a children's movie showing so we just went a short distance to the next pool and stayed there. No pool towels were out, and dishes and bottles were on tables. The pool had huge patches of plaster missing under water which was unappealing. Toward the end of the evening, towels were finally brought out. We split up two to a room, and once we went to bed, the air conditioning broke in my room around 4 am, (this is BIG issue iin Phoenix in August).We were faced with requesting a repair at 4 am or moving all our things at 4 am to a different room, neither of which was appealing so we roughed it out, and when our friends woke next door we doubled up in their cool room. When I reported the issue on the phone at 8 am and again at checkout, I was told they would credit my charge card with $40 for the discomfort and inconvenience; the clerk said it would take 3 or 4 days. It's been over a week and no credits have come through. All in all it was a good girl's getaway, but problems with facilities was an issue as far as the hotel and the pool went.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I attended a conference taking place at the property. I would not have chosen this hotel otherwise. The room was dark and bland, showing its age. I was able to check in early and was upgraded to a room with a superior view of the lake; however, the room was dark for a majority of the day until the sun shifted. I had to press a shirt and get ready for the first session and unfortunately, the iron did not work, the ironing board did nto stay up and the hair dryer was also non-functioning. This seems to show a lcak of quality control and was annoying as I had to go to the session with a wrinkled shirt.

There was also no complimentary wifi in the conference hall, and I had to go back to my room to log on to my computer.

For the price, there are probably better options in the Chandler area.

Room Tip: It's a big hotel, so you may want to ask for a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!