“Good, not Great.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good, not Great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have tried it twice in the past year and found the last visit much better than our first. The portions were OK. Food was good, but not the best. The meat was pretty good but side dishes were just OK.

Visited November 2012

73% Recommend
Vernon, Connecticut, United States
“Local barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The food was excellent. Pulled pork was recommended. There was something about the corn bread. I asked for the recipe but he wouldn't give it to me. It is a local restaurant not a chain. Sit down dining is limited. The food is served in baskets. The meat fell off the bones.

Visited August 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Brisket, Pulled pork and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Venue is in right angle of shopping center strip mall. Has outside mist cooled seating. We were very pleasantly greeted by the owner and placed orders (at the counter) for two orders of pulled pork and my order of beef brisket. My spouse and I brought a friend along and my sides were the sweet potato fries and grilled vegetables. The half pound servings of meat were perfect and the sides were very good. My wife had to take part of her serving home, but I confess that I gobbled up mine. The oders were brought to the table and there was no room for dessert. Bottled beer is also available, but I went with the excellent sweet tea, which was true southern style, but I had to dilute 50/50 with regular tea to cut some sweetness. We would recommend this place for both sit down and takeout. You will not be disappointed. It is several notches above chain restaurant quality. It is local business that deserves to thrive,

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona
“Love it... friendly and visible owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We live down the street and we have been here several times. We love the food. The owner is always present and very friendly. Great fresh cookies! Great barbecue. You can't go wrong.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chandler, Arizona
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The BBQ sandwiches are great! I always have The Pig which is BBQ brisket sandwich with sweet potatoes. It is really good and comes with corn bread. Very tasty

• Visited February 2012