“Great Brisket, Pulled pork and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 543 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Brisket, Pulled pork and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Venue is in right angle of shopping center strip mall. Has outside mist cooled seating. We were very pleasantly greeted by the owner and placed orders (at the counter) for two orders of pulled pork and my order of beef brisket. My spouse and I brought a friend along and my sides were the sweet potato fries and grilled vegetables. The half pound servings of meat were perfect and the sides were very good. My wife had to take part of her serving home, but I confess that I gobbled up mine. The oders were brought to the table and there was no room for dessert. Bottled beer is also available, but I went with the excellent sweet tea, which was true southern style, but I had to dilute 50/50 with regular tea to cut some sweetness. We would recommend this place for both sit down and takeout. You will not be disappointed. It is several notches above chain restaurant quality. It is local business that deserves to thrive,

• Visited July 2012

Arizona
“Love it... friendly and visible owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We live down the street and we have been here several times. We love the food. The owner is always present and very friendly. Great fresh cookies! Great barbecue. You can't go wrong.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chandler, Arizona
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The BBQ sandwiches are great! I always have The Pig which is BBQ brisket sandwich with sweet potatoes. It is really good and comes with corn bread. Very tasty

• Visited February 2012
Michigan City, Indiana
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great little find. My husband I just arrived to Az and was looking for lunch on our way to our hotel. We find Chandler BBQ when we stopped. I had the pulled pork and my husband had beef brisket. Both meats were tender and the sauce was awesome. We also tried cole slaw we both loved, sweet potato fries, beans and the greens. all were very good, but by far the cole slaw was our favorite. We enjoyed it so much we went back and got a to go order one night for dinner. The restraunt was nothing fancy but great tasting food, which the important part!! Yum!! Will return again next time we are in town.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good meat skip the side dishes...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Visited Chandler BBQ Company with a Groupon. The place is very small – less than 12 tables (mostly 2 seaters) on the inside but they do have a nice outdoor space if you don’t mind the weather and no heaters. It’s tucked in a strip mall and is easy to find on the SW corner of S. Alma School Road and Germann. The service consisted of a couple of kids behind the counter who were very friendly.

Now for the food. I ordered the shredded chicken which they advertised as tender juicy mesquite smoked and they were right on. I loved it and it was everything they advertised. I got the dinner which gave me two sides and I got the Cowboy 3 Beans and the Signature Coleslaw. The beans were VERY spicy which would have been useful information before I ordered it. I ate about half and they were just okay. The coleslaw was absolutely uneatable. I have no idea what signature they put on it but they need to rethink their recipe.

My husband ordered The Sampler dinner and again found the meat delicious but the sides merely an afterthought. This place has potential to be really good if they worked on the side dishes. But if you’re looking for a tasty sandwich, this is the place.

• Visited December 2011