“Enjoyed our Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Grove Suites

Olive Grove Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chandler
Olive Grove Suites
Save Saved
You added Olive Grove Suites to your Saves list
2150 South Arizona Ave, Chandler, AZ 85248   |
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Binghamton, New York
“Enjoyed our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2006

I stayed here with my family from April 28 to May 3. We were in town visiting family who lived a mile down the road in Chandler. Olive Grove ended up costing us about $110 a night, which we were very pleased with because to rent an equivalent place would run us a LOT more. It was a ground floor apt (good for the baby and the grandfather that we had along with us) with 2bed, 2 full baths, full kitchen, full living room, and washer/dryer. It backed right up to one of the pools and a playset, both of which got a lot of use from us (and only us, I didn’t see anyone else in it all week). The neighbors were quite, I never heard them but I’m wondering if they heard our crying baby. Nobody complained though. If you are looking for the hotel experience where they clean up for you everyday and leave you clean towels, they wont do that. If you want to be left alone, this is the place for you. We had enough towels for everyone’s shower, and when we asked for more for the pool they provided some. We just had to wash them ourselves when we wanted, which of course was fine because we had a washer dryer. The place comes with some sample washer soap and dryer sheets, along with plenty of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, soap, dish soap, a coffee maker, and a about 4 of each dish. Wal-Mart is right down the road so we just stocked up on some groceries and LOTS of water (Arizona is HOT!). I thought the beds were comfortable, and the place had good temperature control (aka plenty of AC). The maintenance personnel was good to us the first day – they brought us the crib we requested right away and gave us batteries for the remote that were missing.
My only complain about the place though is this – the very first night we were there, one of the adults in the master bedroom got up in the middle of the night and went into the bathroom where he proceeded to find a scorpion in the shower! A red one too, which is apparently the worst kind! He killed it with a shoe. The next day was Saturday so I couldn’t get a hold of anyone in the main office so I had to call the emergency maintenance line. The woman on the other end acted like I was speaking gibberish or something. She took my phone number down and told me that she would try to find someone to help me. Of course no one called. I was disappointed in that but I don’t really know what I expected them to do. I never called back and just let it drop. Hopefully they spray when we leave or whatever they have to do. Its not their fault Arizona has scorpions. We never saw another thankfully, especially with a baby running around. All in all, I would stay there again, the place was large and clean.

• Stayed April 2006

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

The communication with the staff was less than adaquate. They booked me wrong - charged me for three days before I stayed there. Never gave me an itemized bill. Never told me "the rules" - pool time closing, etc., where to bring the keys upon check out, what time check out was, what each key was for, etc. Just had to ask and ask and ask. I did have to call the police on Sat night - big party upstairs with 40 underage drinkers. Three cop cars - but the party broke up. There is no number to call - no security. The facility is ok - but be cautious. I would think twice before staying there again.

• Stayed February 2006
Lynnwood, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2005

The Olive Grove Apartments are located in an area where dairy farms are being replaced with new development. There are a lot of new homes and new apartment complexes in the area. Shopping and restaurants are nearby.

The staff at the Olive Grove were helpful, but sometimes difficult to reach because they go out and show apartments during business hours.

The property is nice. It's a huge apartment complex with two swimming pools (one heated, one not) and a small gym. Also there's a security gate with a keycode you can use to get in.

Our room had a hairdryer, ironing board, washer/dryer, kitchen, and two bedrooms. The beds were Ok, nothing to rave about, and the sofa bed was pretty uncomfortable. The room was newer, but it wasn't the cleanest place I've stayed.

That said, it was fine for our needs. There weren't very many choices with rooms for 5 people, so we were happy to find it. Also the price was great. I think we paid $105 per night for 8 nights.

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2003

We recently returned from an eight day stay in the Phoenix, AZ area and were greatly impressed with Olive Grove Apartments. They have a number of units set aside for extended stay visitors. We had a two bedroom, two bath apartment that was very nicely appointed. There were two TV's, a full sized refrigerator, range, dishwasher in the kitchen along with plenty of cabinets if you wanted to prepare your meals while there , a full sized dining table in that area, a sleeper sofa & chair in the living area. A washer & dryer were in the apartment along with detergent & fabric softener so that laundry could be done before the return home. This was a gated community with one of the heated pools, jacuzzi & sauna just outside our patio door. Now, obviously, if you are wanting the pampering and service of a spa, it will not be found here. But, if what you desire is a clean, comfortable, fully furnished accomodation...this is a wonderful place to stay. Cost factor? When split between two couples, with taxes and everything it was fifty-two dollars a day. It is located in Chandler and a place that we will be returning to in the future.

Been to Olive Grove Suites? Share your experiences!