“You can't go wrong staying here!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Oxford, Ohio
“You can't go wrong staying here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I love this hotel! I lived in Phoenix for 20 years and now have to go back periodocally to visit with local clients. Although the Valley of the Sun is awash with hotels of every description and price point, I always stay here. Homewood Suites may not be the cheapest or the biggest, but it's literally a stone's throw from the I-10/Chandler Blvd freeway ramp and 2 short blocks from Chandler Crossing, a sprawling mall complete with shopping, many restaurants (fancy & casual, chain & local eateries), a grocery store, salon, jewelry shops and even an ice skating rink! The hotel staff is friendly and consistently attentive. Since I hold my client appointments inside my hotel room, I always ask housekeeping to bring in an extra table and chairs (the room already comes with a kitchen table and 2 chairs), which (except for 1 occasion when the front desk manager was out sick) is waiting for me inside my room when I check in. All I have to do is move a few things around and then I have a wonderful, well-lit workspace with wireless connectivity and a separate area for lounging/watching TV after hours. Since each regular suite is a 2-room space with real doors that close -- no flimsy partitions or translucent screens here -- it provides the ultimate in privacy (kitchen/workspace/living area with pullout sofabed on one side of the door, bedroom/bathroom/dressing area on the other). The king bed is very comfortable and the ceiling fan helps to cool things down even on the hottest summer day. A real time and money saver is the in-suite kitchen which comes with a full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, sink with disposal, a 2-burner stove and durable granite countertops, plus an adequate amount of silverware, utensils, dishes, glassware, pots/pans, coffeemaker, etc. Once I check in, I just visit nearby Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Safeway or local favorite, A.J.'s, and bring the groceries back to stock my fridge. When I don't feel like making my own breakfast, I hit the breakfast bar set up in the large space next to the lobby. On especially long trips, I use the hotel's laundry room, which is small but more than adequate. The compact business center provides whatever a business traveler might need... computer, printer, conference room, etc. Perhaps the only downside to this establishment is the tiny fitness center. It has the barest of equipment available and is often being used by others, so energentic fitness types that aren't inclined to jog in the heat or use the outdoor pool may have to seek out a daypass at a local LA Fitness.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Holly M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
This has been a while in coming, but we wanted to let you know that we did see your review, and that we thank you so very much for it! While the Valley may not be your currently home, we hope that you will come back to visit your "Home Away from Home" next time you are here. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Its really a good stay in Homewood suites.. I enjoyed staying in that hotel. Felt bad its a week only. A plus is good breakfast is free.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We got a suite with a 2 separate bedrooms/ 2 bathrooms and 2 double beds with kitchen and living room for 129. summer rates. Room was very clean, up todate with plenty of room. Air conditioning was great even with the Phoenix summer heat. The free breakfast was good with a variety to choose from but few cooked items. the hotel is located close to the interstate and to resturants.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel three times now. Each time was with my family. There are five of us. It always is a great deal, especially if you are visiting Phoenix in the summertime because they drop their rates.

I booked on Hilton.com under my Hilton Honors account. I found a promo code online and got a suite with a separate bedroom and 2 double beds with kitchen and living room (that has a pull out sofa bed) for $75.00/night. Hilton also has a promo going on for its Hilton Honors members through mid September in which you get double miles/points for any booking at a participating hotel -- so I got that deal too; but you have to register for it.

The hotel always has a nice, full breakfast. There's just about everything you could want -- about a dozen or more choices including hot cooked.

There is a nice pool, but we've never used the pool.

The staff is always cheery and helpful. Housekeeping seemed a bit slow and sloppy, but they eventually got us taken care of -- not a deal breaker.

Our only complaint is that the room we got this time had an air conditioner that was super loud and woke us up all night. And the bathroom needed some repair. We may have never stayed during the heat of the summer before, trying to remember ... because we don't recall other rooms having this noisy climate control system. Our room was #218.

TIP: There is a Fresh and Easy grocery store about 2 miles away on Ray Road and 50th St.; they sell all sorts of healthy prepared meals. Since the room has a kitchen with a microwave and full fridge, this makes lunches and dinners easy. Peter Piper Pizza is also in the same shopping complex if you have kids.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I came here in early may and I really enjoyed my stay here. There were no problems with the staff as they were very courteous. The size and layout of the room kinda makes you forget you are away from home sometimes. There was free breakfast and dinner that was ok but not to die for but hey free beer and wine came with it so I guess you cant complain. Theres plenty of restraunts around and I suggest trying arriba as I enjoyed it as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

This hotel was very nice. We checked in a little late (8pm), but no problem. The front desk staff was uber-friendly. Our room was immaculate (I love staying at Homewood Suites when I can). The bed was super-comfy. The shower had great water pressure (I have thick hair and need to make sure I get all the shampoo and conditioner out!), and the shower head was nice and high (I'm only 5'2", but the hubby is 6'4" and appreciates his water coming from on high). The free breakfast was tasty and fresh, with plenty of options. Overall, a very nice and comfy stay.

FYI, a Chandler/Phoenix institution is just down the road from this particular hotel: The Heart Attack Grill! As seen on TV! Just be sure to bring cash, since that's all they take...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Great hotel and good facilities and rooms. Good pool area. Breakfasts plentiful and adequate.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!