“Exactly what I expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Exactly what I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've stayed in Homewood Suites before, so I knew what to expect.

The room is a mini-suite, with a full size fridge, microwave and stove, plus dishes and cookware, so if you want to do your own thing meal-wise, you can do that. We chose not to on this brief trip, but we did store a lot of water in the refrigerator. It is Arizona, after all.

The breakfasts were the standard for this level of hotel, and offered a decent selection. Make your own waffles on Saturday morning were a treat. The Mon-Thurs dinners were ok. We chose to eat out most nights. It was good to be able to grab a beer or glass of wine those evenings.

Our interactions with the staff were always pleasant. I would not hesitate to stay here the next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: You can check in online and choose your suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor and let the world know about your stay. I enjoyed reading your review. Very kind words that I will be sure to share with my staff. A great boost in morale for them all. I hope this means we will see you again real soon. Thanks again for your time and as always - Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Bathrooms in two rooms that we were in, both needed some maintenance that I thought would have or should have been caught be the housekeeping staff even before we got there. We were moved from a handicapped room in order to actually serve an individual with special needs and we let the front desk know that in order for that person to not have some problems during their stay that the room would absolutely need some repairs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post here on TripAdvisor. We use your feedback as a way to make us better and future stays more enjoyable. I want to once again say thanks for helping us with the guest that needed the handicapped room. I don't know if your 20,000 Hilton Honors points have showed up on your account yet but they soon shall be there. I understand how the maintenance issue in your room made your stay less that perfect. We were able to fix the issue quickly but it seems after you had departed. I hope you will accept our apologies for not catching the issue before your room switch.
Thanks again for your time and please travel safe.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I spend between 30 and 45 nights a year at hotels around the world and have become accustomed to erratic service. It is unusual to experience consistently excellent service from everyone at a property. We enjoyed a 3 night stay and the service was among the best I have ever received at any hotel. We were with a group of 7 families traveling for a gymnastics competition. Sammy checked us in and was friendly and cheerful - extremely patient with our many questions. Housekeeping was excellent, when we needed extra shampoo/towels - they were brought right up. Rooms were cleaned very well (dishwashers were run, sinks cleaned, etc.) daily. We needed extra ice for a rolled ankle - no problem. Breakfast was not fancy but varied daily with fresh fruit, various proteins and options for vegetarians.

The most remarkable service occurred after we checked out. I left a Burberry coat in our room. Michelle called and left me a message, then followed up with another call. The few times I have forgotten items at hotels - I have called the hotel and the items have never been located.

This kind of service is normally experienced at a Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons. Very well done!

Room Tip: 3rd floor near the back of the hotel was very quiet. 2 bedroom suites are an amazing value!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out our survey and for visiting here on TripAdvisor. Thanks also for the very kind words and Great scores! What a morale boost for my staff. It is appreciated when we see people post how great our service was when we know that is what sets us apart.
Your group was an absolute pleasure to host. We look forward to your visit next year. Thanks again for your time and safe travels!
Chandler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Extremely helpful staff when I had to change my travel plans. Front desk person took my cell phone and called me when a room was secured. Very nice room, lobby, and breakfast area. Room was very quiet and comfortable. I plan to stay here again on future business trips.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to post your comments here on TripAdvisor. We know you have many choices in the Chandler area and we a very happy you chose us. Thanks also for the kind words and great scores. We will be sure to share with our staff your resposes. A great way to boost morale and to see areas of needed improvement.
I am excited to see you will be back again and look forward to your next visit.
Thanks again for your valuable time and as always, Safe Travels!
Upland, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel has pleasant staff, comfy beds, roomy bathrooms, clean rooms, and good breakfast. It does need to update the older furniture, and improve signage from the street. Air conditioning worked well, just a bit of a rattle. Quiet stay, good blackout curtains! Loved the Ruby's bbq in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out our survey, and post here on TrpAdvisor. We know you have many options in the Chandler area and we were delighted you chose us. A special thanks for the kind words and high marks. We will be addressing your concerns in a timely manner. I am glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast and comfortable beds.
We hope this means we will see you on your next visit to the Chandler/Phoenix area. Thanks again and as always, Safe Travels!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is the first time in almost ten years of using TripAdvisor that I've felt mislead by the reviews on the site. I choose this Homewood Suites after staying the previous 17 days at the Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South. Their rates had gone up so I figured when I returned I'd find a similarly nice property a short distance away in Chandler. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Instead of feeling relieved to have finally reached my destination after travelling cross country late at night, my first thought was one of dismay when I opened the door to my "suite." I really thought I'd booked myself into the Bates Motel. I entered a cramped, dingy, depressing, hideously decorated room. The color scheme was drab, and all the prints on the carpet, drapes, furniture and bedding clashed horribly. It was not pleasing to the eye at all. Lighting was insufficient, and to control the ceiling fan in the bedroom I had to climb on top of the bed, instead of being able to control it from the wall like at the other Homewood. Really? What do elderly people do? The fridge had rust marks inside, and the whole place had that musty smell like an unused room in your grandmother's house. I saw a roach on the bathroom ceiling, and could clearly hear the man ACROSS THE HALL on his phone. In the three days I stayed there the dirty glasses I used in the bathroom were never removed. I was supposed to stay there 12 nights, but I found someplace better to move to. There was no way I could have spent almost two weeks there. I never ate at the dinner but the breakfast was subpar to the Airport South location. It was just awful, the kind of place where you wanted to take a shower after checking out. There seem to be a lot of hotels in that area of Chandler, so if you need to be in that vicinity go somewhere else, anywhere else, than here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for providing us your feedback. I am sorry to see that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We are making changes to our decor this month. New bedding will be in place very shortly. We are also making improvements to other common areas as well. The breakfast meal does vary from each hotel and we are sorry that during your stay we did not meet your standard. We will be making corrections in the other areas you mentioned.
Thanks again for your time and safe travels!
ventura, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

took the hotel 1 hour for my room to be ready, i had called prior around 10 am to let them know that i would like to see if i can have an early check in or have my room ready by 3pm. Arrived at the hotel and yet having called before, my room wasn't ready and had to wait 1 hour after the time i was promised my room to be ready by.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I can surely understand your fustration about having to wait on your room. Our front desk personel should have a done a much better job of making sure your room was ready. I know there are times when we are behind but we definitely should have done a much better job.
I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for your wait. Thanks again for your time.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!