“Fantastic service by every person we met!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
San Diego, CA
“Fantastic service by every person we met!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I spend between 30 and 45 nights a year at hotels around the world and have become accustomed to erratic service. It is unusual to experience consistently excellent service from everyone at a property. We enjoyed a 3 night stay and the service was among the best I have ever received at any hotel. We were with a group of 7 families traveling for a gymnastics competition. Sammy checked us in and was friendly and cheerful - extremely patient with our many questions. Housekeeping was excellent, when we needed extra shampoo/towels - they were brought right up. Rooms were cleaned very well (dishwashers were run, sinks cleaned, etc.) daily. We needed extra ice for a rolled ankle - no problem. Breakfast was not fancy but varied daily with fresh fruit, various proteins and options for vegetarians.

The most remarkable service occurred after we checked out. I left a Burberry coat in our room. Michelle called and left me a message, then followed up with another call. The few times I have forgotten items at hotels - I have called the hotel and the items have never been located.

This kind of service is normally experienced at a Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons. Very well done!

Room Tip: 3rd floor near the back of the hotel was very quiet. 2 bedroom suites are an amazing value!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out our survey and for visiting here on TripAdvisor. Thanks also for the very kind words and Great scores! What a morale boost for my staff. It is appreciated when we see people post how great our service was when we know that is what sets us apart.
Your group was an absolute pleasure to host. We look forward to your visit next year. Thanks again for your time and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chandler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Extremely helpful staff when I had to change my travel plans. Front desk person took my cell phone and called me when a room was secured. Very nice room, lobby, and breakfast area. Room was very quiet and comfortable. I plan to stay here again on future business trips.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to post your comments here on TripAdvisor. We know you have many choices in the Chandler area and we a very happy you chose us. Thanks also for the kind words and great scores. We will be sure to share with our staff your resposes. A great way to boost morale and to see areas of needed improvement.
I am excited to see you will be back again and look forward to your next visit.
Thanks again for your valuable time and as always, Safe Travels!
Upland, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel has pleasant staff, comfy beds, roomy bathrooms, clean rooms, and good breakfast. It does need to update the older furniture, and improve signage from the street. Air conditioning worked well, just a bit of a rattle. Quiet stay, good blackout curtains! Loved the Ruby's bbq in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out our survey, and post here on TrpAdvisor. We know you have many options in the Chandler area and we were delighted you chose us. A special thanks for the kind words and high marks. We will be addressing your concerns in a timely manner. I am glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast and comfortable beds.
We hope this means we will see you on your next visit to the Chandler/Phoenix area. Thanks again and as always, Safe Travels!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is the first time in almost ten years of using TripAdvisor that I've felt mislead by the reviews on the site. I choose this Homewood Suites after staying the previous 17 days at the Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South. Their rates had gone up so I figured when I returned I'd find a similarly nice property a short distance away in Chandler. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Instead of feeling relieved to have finally reached my destination after travelling cross country late at night, my first thought was one of dismay when I opened the door to my "suite." I really thought I'd booked myself into the Bates Motel. I entered a cramped, dingy, depressing, hideously decorated room. The color scheme was drab, and all the prints on the carpet, drapes, furniture and bedding clashed horribly. It was not pleasing to the eye at all. Lighting was insufficient, and to control the ceiling fan in the bedroom I had to climb on top of the bed, instead of being able to control it from the wall like at the other Homewood. Really? What do elderly people do? The fridge had rust marks inside, and the whole place had that musty smell like an unused room in your grandmother's house. I saw a roach on the bathroom ceiling, and could clearly hear the man ACROSS THE HALL on his phone. In the three days I stayed there the dirty glasses I used in the bathroom were never removed. I was supposed to stay there 12 nights, but I found someplace better to move to. There was no way I could have spent almost two weeks there. I never ate at the dinner but the breakfast was subpar to the Airport South location. It was just awful, the kind of place where you wanted to take a shower after checking out. There seem to be a lot of hotels in that area of Chandler, so if you need to be in that vicinity go somewhere else, anywhere else, than here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for providing us your feedback. I am sorry to see that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We are making changes to our decor this month. New bedding will be in place very shortly. We are also making improvements to other common areas as well. The breakfast meal does vary from each hotel and we are sorry that during your stay we did not meet your standard. We will be making corrections in the other areas you mentioned.
Thanks again for your time and safe travels!
ventura, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

took the hotel 1 hour for my room to be ready, i had called prior around 10 am to let them know that i would like to see if i can have an early check in or have my room ready by 3pm. Arrived at the hotel and yet having called before, my room wasn't ready and had to wait 1 hour after the time i was promised my room to be ready by.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I can surely understand your fustration about having to wait on your room. Our front desk personel should have a done a much better job of making sure your room was ready. I know there are times when we are behind but we definitely should have done a much better job.
I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for your wait. Thanks again for your time.
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my first stay at this Homewood location. The room was well above expectation for the price. I found out when I checked in that not only is there a hot breakfast...but also dinner and drinks in the evening. Everything was very clean. My room was right beside an exit, so I was worried about noise, but it was not an issue. Did I mention it is walking distance to Rudy's BBQ?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lorri C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out a survey from TripAdvisor. A special thanks for the high marks and very kind words. I am sure Rudy's BBQs is happy for the plug also.
As you now know the free dinner with beer and wine Monday through Thirsday is standard for all Homewood Suites. It truly is what sets us apart from the other extended stay properties. Thanks again for your time and look forward to seeing you in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

One of the showers in the suite never worked and no one ever came to fix it. One of the toilets kept backing up as well (like over 5 times). We were offered some money off the bill but never go it. If you have lung issues do not go here because they use 1 can of air freshener per suite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to see you did not have a pleasent stay with us. I remember going to your room and helping with the toilet being backed up. I am sorry that I did have to go back three times using different plungers to help with your issue. I regret that I knew nothing of the shower issue. I was never informed that the shower didn't work in the extra bedroom. I certainly would have taken care of that. Unfortunately you must have missed the $40.00 reduction in one of your nights stay. Our cleaning staff does not use a "Frebreeze" type product but I have cautioned them on using any fragrance spray in abundance.
We do try to have our rooms up to par at all times but sometimes things do happen. I am sorry that your stay was not perfect and that we were not able to take care of your issues in a timely manner. Thanks again for your time and safe travels.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!