“Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Aurora, United States
“Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My overall experience was good, I had stayed at Homewood Suites in the past with never a bad experience. The facilities are very clean and the staff always helpful. This property was smaller than others I've stayed in the past, but still a good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lorri C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us went! We know that you have a choice when traveling and we want to thank you for conitnuing to choose the Homewood Suites Chandler when you visit. We love to hear from our guests that our staff was so helpful and the hotel was clean. We look forward to seeing you on your next "getaway".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Botkins, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We love it, the staff is so wonderful. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff, they all are helpful and friendly. We enjoyed their breakfast each morning, which offered 'normal' breakfast fare, and heathly choices. The hotel property is close to shopping, dining and freeways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us went! We know that you have a choice when traveling and we thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Chandler. We love to hear from our guests that our staff was so accommodating, friendly and went out of their way to make your stay so comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Arizona.
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay at Hilton's as a rule and usually satisfied but not at this Homewood Suites. Property is dated and badly in need of a remodel. Size is good but every other aspect of our stay was disappointing. The advertised check in rate was for one day and than jumped close to 30%. So much for truth in advertising. Neither the elevator, or sauna worked. The towels at the pool were so small you needed one per cheek. When the ac came on, and it is Arizona, it sounded like a space launch. Overall this hotel needs a remodel or to lose the Hilton name. Staff is friendly but does not seem to be aware of what is going on or have the authority to fix anything.

Shocking discovery when we considered moving next door to the Hampton, according to their front desk they are taking out all jacuzzi's to avoid compliance with ADA's requirement for a handicap lift. The only advantage is it is close to Rudy's and down the street from everything.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this very nice hotel just on the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ. It is only minutes from the airport and major tourist and business locations. There are several dining places in the area; be sure to try the nearby barbecue restaurant!! The hotel was lovely and the staff was very welcoming. We would stay here again. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on second floor and it was very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The suite was very enjoyable. I had all the ammenities of home, a refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, microwave, couch, kingsize bed, and a spacious bathroom. I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast each morning with a variety of nourishing selections to choose from, and there was a variety of dinner choices also. The front desk clerks were very helpful! When I come back to Chandler, I want to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location. What happened the night we were there was a break in a water line -- which caused the fire alarm to go off (low water pressure)... but it had to happen on a Friday night at 3 am (not a slow Sunday or Monday night).

Despite this, the hotel did a good job by leaving a message on every room's voice mail, and also left signs in the lobby. They also apologized at checkout.

We liked the pool area with heated pool and hot tub. Could have played hoops if we brought our basketball. Breakfast was ample and some items specialty for ethnic guests who stay there.

Right off the highway with access to everything in south/east valley.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

After being rained out of our campsite on Friday, we hastily booked here because of good reviews. We did not see the listing state it was for a smoking room and were disappointed when we realized the booking was for a smoking room. My husband has severe asthma so this room was not an option. The flighty front desk clerk, Kathy, spoke tangentially about needing a refund through Expedia since this was how the booking was made. When asked if I could upgrade the room, I was told there were no non-smoking rooms available. Kathy kept talking so much I have to cut here off several times because I felt like I wasn't being heard- very poor customer service. She spoke of Expedia overbooking the hotel and how I should feel LUCKY because others may not even get the room they booked. I left and booked another hotel (Windmill Inn at Chandler Fashion Center- I highly recommend them). I then called Expedia and was informed that per the hotel's cancellation policy, my reservation could be cancelled but no refunded. Expedia states they would need confirmation from the hotel to over ride this policy. Expedia tried to call multiple times and told me they could not reach the hotel. I drove back to the hotel and handed my cellphone to Kathy. Instead of resolving my issue or acknowledging my plight- she spent 10 minutes on the phone complaining about Expedia overbooking the hotel. The Expedia rep started to haggle over the phone and Kathy then offered to upgrade us to a King smoking room. Uh- what about the fact we can't stay in a smoking room do you not get?! Expedia them stated the matter would be brought to his manager's attention to speak with the manager at the hotel. As of this writing, I have not heard back yet (next day). I admit fault in the booking but experienced very poor customer service from someone who not once wanted to pause or acknowledge the customer!

Stayed March 2013

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!