“Can't beat the small town hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x Points Package
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Chandler
“Can't beat the small town hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Even before I arrived at the hotel to be with my significant other for an extended stay, I was taken back by how caring the staff was for me. Then, upon arriving, it was like seeing an old friend and you picked up right where you left off, without skipping a beat. There were numerous times throughout the stay that I felt they were reading my mind, asking me to lunch or even just checking up on me. Tim (management), to Kathryn (front desk), to Ida (kitchen), I never had to worry about a thing.

As for the hotel, breakfast hit the spot, they have complimentary dinners from Monday to Thursday from local businesses w/optional alcoholic beverages (I love to eat), daily cleaning of the room, even if I was in it (the cleaning ladies would even ask if it was okay to vacuum if I was present, not to disturb me), hot tub never fails, and the workout room (maybe a flat bench for free weighs would be the only gripe, if I HAD to come up with one.) w/complimentary headphones.

Other than all that, if you love to drink water, they have a fountain, or get your own from the store and slap it in the fridge (I'm not a fan of tap water....being from the country and having a well has spoiled me.)

Thank you so much for taking me under your wing and going out of your way to make my stay amazing...and for also looking out for my precious better half.

• Stayed January 2013

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travel a lot for business (road warrior) and chose this hotel while taking a few days off with hubby and another couple to recoup - this was the perfect choice! located near the freeway, complimentary breakfast, snacks and adult beverages in the evening. The hotel staff is friendly, rooms are very nice & clean, Quiet enough for me to take a nap during the day, beds were actually very comfy.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suite is excellent, each room had full bathroom and was especially roomy. Plus, had flat s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Killingworth, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Not bad for the price. I like having a separate sitting/sleeping room. My sitting room was adjacent to the elevator and it was a bit noisy each time the elevator was used. The room was clean but the couch appeared to need cleaning. The breakfast was not as good as some other hotels provide but was sufficient enough to not have to go out for breakfast. It was nice to be able to run down and get something quick. I chose to just bring my breakfast back to my room to eat. There is a small kitchen table and chairs in the room. Bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept well. I closed the bedroom door which helped to not hear the elevator. All in all, it was a good set-up for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Over the years we have stayed at several Homewood Suites and enjoyed them immensely. The evening reception serves as a good, tasty dinner with beer and wine. The breakfast, while not made to order, is very good compared to most prepared breakfasts.

On this occasion my wife, son, grandson, and I stayed at the Phoenix/Chandler hotel 1/9/13 and were disappointed in it relative to our previous Homewood Suites stays. The hotel seemed to be a bit rundown. The evening reception food was not good (meatloaf, canned beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, and salad) and not well staffed. My grandson would eat only the potatoes without gravy. The rest of us had a hard time with the rest of the offerings. We had to ask a manager to restock the meatloaf and it took him a while to find his staff.

The breakfast again was not up to the usual Homewood Suites standards, more like a Hampton Inn. Usually there is more variety, fruit, and better quality.

Finally, the tub did not drain when taking a shower. While not totally dissatisfied with our stay, it certainly did not meet our expectations or experiences with Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The room and furnishings were modern and very, very clean. It was also quiet. We saw quite a few people in the hallways and in the lobby, but during the night we did not hear any outside noise at all.

We reserved a two-room suite. It was spacious and included two bathrooms, a living room area and a kitchen. The additional space was great, and it was definitely worth the price we paid.

They offered a complimentary breakfast bar in the morning, and a good variety of choices were available. The entire staff, from the people working in the breakfast area to the maids to the people at the front desk, were always very friendly and welcoming during my three-night stay.

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in Phoenix, but when I visit this area again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is tucked away next to another Hilton property but it's a good value for the money and the staff are really friendly and sweet. The free breakfast and dinners are a bonus with an ever changing menu. The rooms are clean and are all suites. Only downside is that the walls are thin if you don't close the door to your bedroom (hint for those light sleepers). Great time overall. And definitely make a little run next door to Rudy's BBQ (you'll hate me for this but ohhh is it good).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here while traveling across the country and it was one of the best places I've ever stayed at. Everyone was extremely helpful and kind, especially Betty Ann. Breakfast was amazing and the hotel had an extremely relaxed feel. Although, it seems mostly geared towards families, it was perfect for just the two of us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!