“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Murrieta, United States
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The room was not what we had requested. We arrived late around 1:00 am and the clerk did not know whether he could find us the room we requested. We did not have time to wait for him to find us another room as we only had around 5 hours to sleep before needing to get on the road again. We had to make down the couch so the kids could have a bed. We had requestd 2 double beds. We only had one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

josh r, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler. My apologies that your experience was less than you've come to expect from the Hampton brand. It is because of guests like yourself that provide us with feedback that we are able to make changes to improve our hotel. I have addressed the problem with our front desk to ensure we are delivering the best service possible at all times. I invite you to stop by next time you are in town and give us another chance to wow your experience. If there is anything else you may want to discuss please feel free to give me a call at the hotel.
Again, thank you and wish you a great weekend,

Josh R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

A very clean room with wonderfully comfortable beds. Helpful and professional staff. Nice selection of various items for breakfast, and an assigned person to refill and replenish items, as well as help guests with any thing that is needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I thank you for your comments as we stride to only provide the best service possible at all times. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a great hotel for personal as well as business travel. Front desk staff, Michelle in particular, are very friendly and helpful. Two small issues resolved in a timely manner. Rooms are very clean and well-appointed. Great access to freeway without the noise. Very satisfying breakfast. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments and will certainly be sharing them with our team and Michelle!

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix/Chandler area!

Thanks again,

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Clean roomy rooms, attentive staff, great breakfast, Hampton Inns always come through. Great beds, free WiFi, laundry facilities. Close to everything. We'd stay here again anytime we're in the area. Quite and safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
From the Hampton Inn family to yours, we thank you for your recent review; it is always nice to receive feedback from our guest. I will certainly share your kind remarks with the staff! We hope to see you again in the future!
Kind Regards,

Broomfield, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The worst most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. I believe sleeping at a Truck Stop would be more comfortable, more clean and totally more enjoyable. Evening staff so unfriendly and NOT helpful. Rooms disgusting with mystery stains on furniture, shower curtain, etc. Will not take much imagination to figure out where those stains came from - gross!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

josh r, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Ellen,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Best Regards,

Josh r.
Catasauqua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Overall the stay was wonderful. The location was great, staff was friendly , had great breakfast, free wifi. the bed was cozy, room was a great size, the cleaning people were great didn't see anything dirty at all. It felt like home even though I wasn't home. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you once again in the near future.

Josh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Got to the hotel after long day of travel on business. 2 others in line in front of me were not happy. Watched them snap up some apology letter and sent to their new hotels. Listening, realized they were getting moved to other hotels because this hotel had chosen to allow current guest to extend their stays. My turn a the desk only to find out I was booked into a lesser hotel chain which I avoid staying at due to thin walls and lack of sleep. After telling them they need to do a better hotel, all of a sudden a room opened up and they honored my stay.

What bothered me the most was they had my info, never bother telling my booking company or call myself. My company would have moved me to a better hotel. They had time. My new hotel was out of my way. I choose to stay in Chandler and drive 40 miles south due to the poor hotel chain in that town. Its the reason I chose this hotel. Was not my first stay there. I was a repeat customer.

As much as I like Hampton inn, this particular manager made bad choices and I am sure lost repeat customers. Pretty sure I remember guests can extend their stays in their hotels IF there is available rooms.... Pretty sure they booted a good many customers that night. Wont be staying there again. At 54 years and a well seasoned traveler, never been treated like that before and hope not to again.

Sorry Hampton, boo boo for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
josh r, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. I apreciatte the feedback and I will use as a guideline to ensure this doesnt happen to another guest. We take pride of our customer service by ensuring each single guest is well taken care of. I can assure you that was not one of our best practices. On events like the ones you experienced, we usually use our sister property (which is right next door) to walk people. That is, If we absolute have to.
If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel. I want to ensure all my guest leave with a smile at the end of their stay and satisfied with our product. We hope that you give us another chance to wow you with our great customer service and our Hamponality here at your Hamtpon inn Phoenix/Chandler.
Kind Regards,

Josh R

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!