“Great Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Idaho Falls, United States
“Great Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff at this Hampton Inn were very friendly, accomodating and available. I arrived at 10am to just check in not necessarily get my room. The front desk attendent said there was a roon available if I would like to drop off my stuff. I appreciated that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clinton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My normal experience at Hampton Inns has been excellent. I would normally make the reservations myself, but this time my secretary made the reservation and made it through Travelocity, which apparently doesn't allow me to get Hilton Honors credit. That combined with the air conditioner not working made for a very disappointing and hot stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I think this Hampton turned me completely away from Hamptons. We used to stay in Hamptons most of the time because you could always rely on them being clean, and that's pretty much the main thing we are looking for in our hotels. Well, complimentary breakfast is also nice.
The staff in this Hampton was very nice and very friendly and you could tell they were trying, at least from what we saw, but it was not enough. Our room was fairly fresh. We didn't have mold in the b/r like some complained, all caulking was fresh, but the pipes above the sink looked old and in need of repair. My sister found a roach in the b/r that I think came from that exposed piping area.
Other small things that were a turn-off - a stained ottoman in the room and a chair in the breakfast area that had a brown stain in the middle that led to all kinds of unpleasant associations.
Breakfast area was attended by a middle-aged guy. I don't have anything against the fact he was a guy but I am sure this job would have been done a lot better by any woman. He was trying very-very hard, I'd give him that but, he just couldn't help it, everything was missing, you had to remind him to refill this and bring that, etc. I honestly felt sorry for him, he looked very much out of place there.
Somehow, this was our last Hampton hotel. Since then, we traveled a few more times and every time used Hilton Garden Inns that proved to be a better experience overall.
I do have to say that this stay was in December and I only now had a chance to sit down and look through my notes, so I hope that particular Hampton has improved since then.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall great stay. Rooms were a bit small for the price, but I think every thing is more expensive in Phoenix. The only downside about this location is the size of the pool and fitness center. They were both very small. But the location was super convenient, the facilities and breakfast were great and the staff was amazing! I prefer Hampton Inns and this one didn't disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013
Minden, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When the window air conditioner kicked in it did so with a loud thump, rattled when running, then kicked off with an even louder bang -sounded like someone slamming a door. We complained about the noise of the air conditioner but were told the rest of the rooms had the same problem. We were not given any refund. I used to enjoy the Hampton experience but I will have look else where for lodging and only use Hampton as a last resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Johnstown, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff Exceeded my expectations! Welcomed upon arrival, check-in was easy, offered directions and breakfast to go in the morning and even offered water for us to take along. Rooms met expectations for the brand except they have to have the loudest A/C's in the world...but clean and spacious enough. We were here overnight before driving to Tucson with the family. Enjoyable and recommended. Close to I-10, but cant hear the road noise (over the AC).

Room Tip: Room we were in had very loud AC
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Solvang, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

On a recent run to El Paso, Tx. I needed a quiet hotel that had easy freeway access and a good gas station. No matter what I do to get through LA from Santa Barbara, the Phoenix area is generally an 8 hr trip. The location of this hotel was key as it made my drive the next morning an easy run of 5.5 hrs to El Paso ( not including the hour loss) I arrived and checked in very quickly, ran accross the street for a quick meal ( there are choices for food in the immediate area) and went to bed. I slept like a rock and grabbed a qucik bite the next morning and coffee. This Hampton has about the normal breakfast goods you find at other Hamptons. Next time I run through Phoenix, I will totally stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!