“It was ok, over charge for pets” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Cleveland, Ohio
“It was ok, over charge for pets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife,my 3 year daughter and my dog had to stay at this Residence Inn for 3 nights prior to moving in our new apartment in Chandler AZ. The hotel is very close to lots of restaurants and stores. Our room was on the second floor and was very quite at night. We did eat the free breakfast every morning, but I wasn't impressed it was mostly cold and didn't have much variety. We did use the pool one night but didn't stay long as it was cold and very dirty from the palm tree droppings in it. This Marriott charges $100 if you have a pet which I think is very high, I think it should be re-funded as long as your pet doesn't make a mess (especially for elite members, like me)..The staff was nice!

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the back of the hotel for a quite night sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The management of the hotel is very friendly. Breakfast is good, better than in other hotels. Rooms are large, but some do not have doors between kitchen/living room and bedroom, so during the night the refrigerator might keep you awake. The hotel is perfectly located: on walking distance from the mall with restaurants and bars. The bed was made up poorly every night, although I left a tip daily.
My room had a light outside the living room window which kept me awake during night. They promised to block the light one day, but this was never executed.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a door between the living room and the bedroom: especially when you stay on...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Portage, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I came to Phoenix last March with my mom and husband to visit my best friend! This is a great location - right near shopping! Everyone was friendly! Great service! Food was good too! We were able to go to the pool which also was very nice. My mom commented on how clean it was which is very important to her when she travels! We had 2 rooms so she had her own room with bath and she was very happy! She is returning again this spring with my dad and will be staying here as well! Thank you for great service!

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We work very hard to make sure our guests are taken care of in the nicest room possible so we are always glad to hear such positive feedback. And we look forward to seeing you again this Spring!

Michael Ryan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a great stay at this RI! Great location, value and service. We arrived after a stay in LA. Our accomadations met our expectations. Everyone was very helpful. Utilized the exercise room but no time for the pool during this stay. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013
Michael R, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
My name is Michael Ryan and I am the new General Manager here at the Residence Inn Chandler. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor and I am glad that your stay with us this summer was so positive. We work very hard to make sure each and every guest has a great experience and I'm glad that you were no exception.

Thanks again for visiting the Residence Inn Chandler, and we sincerely look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Friendly staff. Warm and hospitable. Older hotel, however well maintained. The manager comes out during breakfast to talk with everyone, the front desk always smiles and asks how everything is. The housekeeping even is always willing to stop and help. Anticipates your needs. The business center could use an updated computer, however it works for what is needed.

Room Tip: Every room is a suite and has a pull out sofa. The two bedroom suite is great for famlies, the one...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello and thank you so much for your review!

My name is Michael Ryan and I am the new General Manager here at the Residence Inn Chandler and I noticed that no one had previously responded to your entry so I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about us, and to let you know how happy I am that your stay was an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments with our staff to make sure that we continue to emphasize the guest experience, and we sincerely look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Best regards,

Michael Ryan
Residence Inn Chandler
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Room smelled badly of smoke. We immediately called the hotel front desk. We were told that it's likely someone smoked in the room since the hotel staff KNOW that people commonly smoke there. We were told housekeeping would be sent immediately to investigate. Housekeeping didn't arrive before we had to leave for a wedding. Room still smelled awful later that night so we again called the front desk. A deoderizing spray bottle was delivered. It did not improve the smell.

Check in time: 3:00. Room ready at 3:45. Shuttle for the wedding left at 4:00. No explanation for the delayed room was provided, nor any apology or offer of assistance.

The bathroom light fixture flashed multiple times when turned out and made an extremely loud buzzing sound when on.

The noise from other units was much louder than we expected for this type of hotel.

In the morning I expressed my concerns to the front desk. The employee stated she would reduce the charges and let the manager know I wanted to speak with her. The next day I was charged the entire amount, not the reduced amount. I had to call and explain to two different people what happened for the reduced rate to be applied.

I left messages on the manager's voicemail and with staff and sent in complaints through the website. It took several weeks to get any response from the manager, Lenka Pritchard, who only responded in a brief e-mail in which she stated she'll have all charges refunded.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mazkeret Batya, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Comfortable room, nice staff, great location close to shopping center restaurants and easy access to the highway.
Breakfast is good and evening snack as well.
Third time I was staying in this hotel and it maintains a good level.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!