“Exceeded expectations and won us back!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Del Rio, Texas
“Exceeded expectations and won us back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My family & I were traveling across the country and booked a 1 Bedroom suite at this hotel. We called ahead to confirm our reservation and that we would be a late check-in. Upon check-in at 11:45pm, the front desk rep. informed us they had a customer NOT check-out therefore causing an overbook situation. They were going to put us in the hotel next door but it was a studio and we were staying 4 nights with 3 children. Needless to say, we were not happy with the situation. We opted to cancel the entire reservation and stay at a nearby competitors hotel. I sent the Manager an e-mail letting her know how disappointed I was. The reason we were so upset was they knew about this possible overbook situation at 6pm and could have called my cell while we were driving but somehow forgot.

The Manager, Kristen was completely apologetic and understanding in her response to my e-mail. She begged us to return to her hotel and offered her staff to assist us in the move back. Additionally, she reserved a 2Bd/2Ba suite at the same rate of the 1Bd/1Ba suite and met us upon check-in. The entire staff went out of their way to assist my family and make up for the mistake.

The hotel is in an excellent location (directly across from Chandler Mall and tons of restaurants). The hotel is needs a few updates as far as interior but still very spacious and offers a complimentary breakfast everyday. They have free wifi but it's extremely slow, at least in our room.

We will stay there again because of how they corrected a problem so quickly and showed they cared about our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
amanda_marshall, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Good morning to our new Residence Inn family member! We were devestated with how that first night turned out for you and your family, and every effort we made to contact you was sincere and genuine. Updates are coming soon, but we have always had a wonderful maintenance team to keep everything we have in pristine condition and of course lovely staff to make the entire property neat and tidy. As you see, under wonderful and big hearted management comes great relationships with all of our guests! We are thrilled we have been able to keep you coming back and wish you the best to you and your family until we see you again. Thank you.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Anytime we are in the area this is where we stay. Staff are tremendous and always willing to help and see that your stay is terrific. It is always good to stay where staff enjoy their jobs and it shows in the hospitality that you receive. Always have the kids with us and the two bedroom suite works great. Kitchen has all the basic items. Pool and basketball for the kids, great fashion mall across the street with plenty of great restaurants nearby. See you soon!

Room Tip: Reserve early, great location
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
amanda_marshall, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Thank you so much for rating us! As a manager I am proud to have the staff here that I do because it feels so much like a family to me and everyone from housekeeping to the front desk make every guest feel a part of it as well! We all are glad to here that you and your family enjoyed our property and were able to take advantage of our sport court and the beautiful mall just steps away. We are excited to see you soon again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Hello!

It is us that would like to Thank You and your entire staff for a wonderful experience staying at The Residence Inn Chandler.

We are a local couple who’s A/C had gone out, that is why we were at your establishment. My husband and I work for Storage West Self Storage. My husband runs the Chandler facility, approximately 2 miles from your Inn and I am the manager of the Call Center on Country Club and Guadalupe.

Our corporate office is located in Los Angeles. We have corporate management and company trainers fly out to Arizona frequently. I have sent me recommendation to my boss (VP Storage West) to have your Inn become our corporate hotel. I sent them a card with your corporate account person, Leslie?, they will be in touch with her to hopefully establish a corporate account with you.

Again, Thank You to your staff for a wonderful, relaxing experience. The time spent at the inn was no doubt a “10” in our book. You do everything right!

Jody McCandless

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
amanda_marshall, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
In the middle of the hottest week of the year, AC's going out are never what anyone wants to have happen to them in Phoenix! You were amazing company to have here and everything you have passed on to your company is much appreciated. We were all happy to keep you cool and smiling every minute you were here and hope to be seeing you around more often! Thank you!
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn, Chandler. Rooms are good size & clean ... and the staff is really helpful in all aspects. From finding me a wine bottle opener to returning the phone charger that I accidentally left in the room to the friendly breakfast staff this was a great experience. Oh and did I mention the shops at the fashion mall ... places to eat and shop directly adjacent and across the street! Will definitely use this property again in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
amanda_marshall, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear kpaul1285, thank you so much for letting us know how we did! We love being able to take care of every detail for our guests and knowing that you made it home safely puts a big smile on our faces. Have wonderful time until we see you again!
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Love staying at this hotel because I really feel at home. Their location is great. Right across the street from the Chandler Fashion Center and there are so many restaurants and fast food places to choose from (Chili's, Olive Garden, Abuelos, Cheesecake Factory, Mimi's, McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, In and Out Burger, etc) They are located near the Loop 202 and 101 freeways so getting places is a breeze although you can find so many stores near the hotel that it could satisfy many a shopaholic. They do have breakfast in the morning every day and a managers reception with a light meal (Mon-Thurs only). It's great having the convenience of a kitchen and a dining table for those days when I just want to kick back and eat in the room instead of eating out so I shop for groceries down the street. Have had my family from Hawaii come with me on some of my trips to Phoenix and they have enjoyed it here especially since we are not squeezed into a tiny hotel room.

Room Tip: This is a popular hotel especially during some seasons so try to make sure you book early enough to...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
amanda_marshall, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Pmiz, our location is perfect for all business and leisure travel no matter where you are from! The rooms are more than comfortable and we are so glad that you and your family loved being here and joining ours. When you mention staying in and cooking in the room after grocery shopping, did you ever think about taking advantage of our Grocery Shopping Serivice we have complimentary for every guest? It is a big part of what separates us from other hotels and we love taking care of all the details when and where we can. Thank you for rating us honestly, see you again soon!
Oakville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was my first time staying at the Residence Inn in Chandler.
The staff was very friendly and helpful with service and area suggestions.
The hotel offered daily continental breakfast that was very good.

Also, the nightly(Mon-Thurs) dinner was very good.
The selection was from local area restaurants and was very good.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Rich, we are so glad to have made your stay so enjoyable you are excited to return! And we are just as excited that you enjoyed what we have recently transformed our complimentary social hours into. We have always had the food available but this month was the first where we really wanted to be bringing more local restaurants to you than what we have in the past. It has been a big hit and I can only wait to show you what will be on the menu for the rest of the year! Have a great day and thank you!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This property was a gem - the rooms were great and the meeting room was a bonus. I taught an Overnight Stamp Camp - ladies night out to make cards until early in the morning. Most resorts charge $$$ for a using a meeting room, but they rolled it in with the cost of the rooms for the campers. We had a great time - the staff took great care of us. I had an issue with noisy dogs and was quickly and easily moved to an upgraded room. Would highly recommend the Residence Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
I must say that the class you held made waves throughout our hotel! Lots of questions from our staff and other guests who took notice of the creativity coming out. We had the sweetest guest made blank cards and donate them to us to fill out for our troops overseas for the 9/11/11 memorial donations we are collecting. We are very excited to see you and your group again next year!

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!