“A Fabulous Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Encinitas, CA
“A Fabulous Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

Our son was married in Chandler earlier this month and since we live in San Diego - all our friends and family were traveling from out of town for the wedding. I had worked with the regional sales office in Phoenix to negotiate a group rate. Initially they held 10 rooms for us and when those filled, they set aside another 15 and another 15 or so after that. We ended up with 35 rooms reserved for the weekend. My own personal experience was great, but it was wonderful for all our friends and family too. In fact, I did not hear one person say anything negative about the hotel. The staff was great and handed out the gift bags I had prepared to everyone as they checked in. The rooms were immaculate and all are non-smoking. The lobby area is very nice with a plasma screen television and plenty of seating. The pool area is lovely with (again) plenty of seating and chaise lounges. And, the pool area is very nicely landscaped. Some of the hotels I looked at for this event seemed to have the pool in a safety cage with lots of concrete. Even in November the daytime temps were in the 80's, so a little shade around the pool was very welcome. I really can't say enough about the staff at the hotel - always pleasant, always with a smile, no request was a problem. Just fabulous!

The hotel is located in a very nice section of Chandler with easy freeway access. There are lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Casa Paloma, a shopping center adjacent to the hotel, has a wonderful restaurant, Tomaso's. Great service and wonderul up-scale Italian food. AJ's is a gourmet food market with a fabulous bakery & deli. There is lots of outdoor seating. Across the parking lot from the hotel is the 5 & Diner, a great 50's style diner with good food & big portions. I recommend breakfast...yummy.

I know we will be in Chandler several times a year to visit and I will always stay at the Marriott Courtyard!

• Liked — location, ambiance & value
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy the surrounding shopping and restaurants
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

This hotel's staff was great. We had twenty rooms and another team (parents and kids) had another twenty rooms. The hotel was still quiet! Well thought out with a nice courtyard -pool area. Cookies at night, fruit and coffee free most of the day! Free internet, nice rooms, good parking. Best close to a great Diner, stores, and restaurants. If I were to go to Chandler again, I would stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2005
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a number of times because of the location - good restaurants and shopping nearby. However, on several occassions there were serious problems which the staff either did not address or took forever to take care of. On one occassion the mattress was terribly stained and torn; we were told that the hotel was full and they didn't have any more mattresses. After threatening to call the city health officials, a clean mattress was brought into our room. On another occassion we were put into a smoking room when we specifically requested a non-smoking room. Again, we were told the hotel was full and there was nothing that could be done. After much haggling with the hotel manager, we were switched to another room. The final straw was when I was eaten alive by either bed bugs or fleas! I showed the manager my neck, arms and legs and was told that it couldn't be fleas since they don't allow animals and "maybe I had been bitten before I arrived"! Funny thing is that we don't have animals! We even wrote a letter to Marriott headquarters, but never received a response. Needless to say, we no longer stay at ANY Marriott hotels.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

This hotel is not situated in the Phoenix centre, but it is easy to find a 20-30 minutes drive from the airport and highways to all directions just a minute away.

Shopping malls and many restaurants are also nearby, so the location is top.

Rooms are great, with good airconditioning (very much needed in this area), free Internet access. Wireless Internet access is also available but can be a bit flaky sometimes. It does work however laying by the pool. A very convenient place to do some work!

Breakfast is not great, my tip is to go to the breakfast/lunch/diner in 5N'Dine, which is situated on the parking lot. The service there is great with good value for money.

Hotel staff is efficient but very friendly and more than happy to help to get your stay more comfortable.

If I ever go back to Phoenix, I will surely consider this hotel, both for business and pleasure stay. As always in these cities, be sure to hire a car during your stay, Phoenix is a very large area.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. My wife and I were in town for a friends wedding. The Courtyard by Marriott Chandler was easy to find, clean, comfortable, and convenient to many food options and shopping. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and it is close to restaurants and stores. I travel to Chandler often and always stay at this Courtyard.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!