“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 hotels in Chandler
Tucson, AZ
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our experience at this hotel was great from the moment we arrived. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We stayed for two nights. One day, after I returned from being out, the staff member said "welcome back", that was really nice. Our room was wonderful and spacious enough for my husband, my son and myself. Having free internet was a nice bonus. We were in town for a soccer tournament and the hotel was close to everywhere we needed to be and close to shopping too. I can't think of anything I didn't like. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Stayed at the Courtyard in Chandler on business a couple of weeks ago. Overall it was nothing special, but didn't really have any issues.

Checkin was smooth, and I was upgraded to a King Suite. That basically gave me a separate living and bedroom area. Overall, it was clean -- although after reading some of the other postings I tried not not look too hard.

Staff was friendly. Location is great for places to eat and things to do after work. Would probably consider staying here again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

THIS HOTEL HAS A PERFECT LOCATION.IT IS NEAR EVERYTHING.ROOMS ARE QUITE NICE EXCEPT SOME ISSUES.
.After reading all the reviews i guess this hotel really has to take care ot their housekeeping .Tthe room that we were in had black spots on the bedsheets which look disgusting.There were no refrigerator,coffee maker or micro in the room.By the way the fire alarm went off like 3 or more times and scared the hell out of us.
I,myself manage an economy class motel which provides all kind of amenities, free continental breakfast and much more at a reasonable price,PLUS GREAT HOUSEKEEPING.
I guess once you think have a brand name,who cares?
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was very clean, and in a good area. Below I have broken down the pros and cons.

PROS:
1) Very well priced for the area.
2) Very accessible to major highway, and there is every kind of restaurant, and store about 2 miles from the hotel.
3) Even though we did not use the pool, it was beautiful and appeared very clean.
4) Very friendly staff.
5) Plenty of hot water for the shower, nice size bathroom.

CONS:
1) When checking in, we had no towels. We called the front desk, and we had our towels in 5 minutes.
2) The next day we came home around 5:00 pm, and the room did not have any maid service.
3) Every hotel has this problem: They had 2 computers in the lobby. The problem is kids are always playing games on them. If you wanted to print your boarding pass, or do business on the computer it was annoying. Hotels should have computers for kids to play games on, seperate from adult computers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Shelton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. The hotel is in a great location right off the highway about 15 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Upon check in, found a good sized room with 2 extremely comfortable queen beds and a couch. The room had sliding glass doors that opened onto a balcony overlooking the pool. The only problem with this hotel was the maid service. On day 1 before taking a shower I noticed there was no soap or shampoo put in the room from the prior maid cleaning. I called the front desk and they had some brought up immediately. On day 2 we left early in the morning and came back at 5pm and this time the room wasn't even cleaned at all!!! I ended up calling the front desk again who said they will have someone come up and clean the room. After 15 minutes nobody came to clean, my friend ended up calling them back and just told them to forget about it. Besides these 2 incidents I still give this hotel a decent grade due to the location, front desk professionalism, and general cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

This hotel is in the best location for dining and for shopping..it is close to the freeway on ramp but this has to be the quietest hotel we've ever stayed at being that close to some major roads and the freeway..no doors slamming all night or even in the early morning..that part we were amazed at!..the room was clean but it wasnt up to par as far as amenities go for the price we paid at a marriott..just thought marriott had higher standards than this..our furniture was ok but was very old..there were no microwaves and no small refrigerators in the rooms..we got two rooms - one for us and the other for friends of ours that flew in from california..their room was the same as ours as far as being pretty skimpy on the amenities..we have stayed at other hotels that gave us more for our money than this marriott did..was mostly disappointed about that..but all in all, bed was comfortable and room was clean and the staff really was friendly..lobby was very comfortable and the internet access was pretty good..i would shop around that area though for something a little cheaper and hopefully offering more than this one did for our money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Check-in was great and the receptionist was probably the friendliest I have ever experienced at a hotel. Very sweet gal. We received a complimentary upgrade. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The hotel is in a decent area as well. I am so picky when it comes to cleanliness and I didn't see even one hair on the sheets or in the bathroom. The breakfast was good. I had a waffle and yogurt. I saw Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sandwiches, but did not try them. The only irritation was the breakfast area was packed and no tables were available. They do have trays in order for you to carry the food back to your room.

• Liked — Cleanliness/Receptionist/Location
  • Disliked — Crowded breakfast room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!