“Good location, but bed bugs/fleas were a problem” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
san diego
“Good location, but bed bugs/fleas were a problem”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a number of times because of the location - good restaurants and shopping nearby. However, on several occassions there were serious problems which the staff either did not address or took forever to take care of. On one occassion the mattress was terribly stained and torn; we were told that the hotel was full and they didn't have any more mattresses. After threatening to call the city health officials, a clean mattress was brought into our room. On another occassion we were put into a smoking room when we specifically requested a non-smoking room. Again, we were told the hotel was full and there was nothing that could be done. After much haggling with the hotel manager, we were switched to another room. The final straw was when I was eaten alive by either bed bugs or fleas! I showed the manager my neck, arms and legs and was told that it couldn't be fleas since they don't allow animals and "maybe I had been bitten before I arrived"! Funny thing is that we don't have animals! We even wrote a letter to Marriott headquarters, but never received a response. Needless to say, we no longer stay at ANY Marriott hotels.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

This hotel is not situated in the Phoenix centre, but it is easy to find a 20-30 minutes drive from the airport and highways to all directions just a minute away.

Shopping malls and many restaurants are also nearby, so the location is top.

Rooms are great, with good airconditioning (very much needed in this area), free Internet access. Wireless Internet access is also available but can be a bit flaky sometimes. It does work however laying by the pool. A very convenient place to do some work!

Breakfast is not great, my tip is to go to the breakfast/lunch/diner in 5N'Dine, which is situated on the parking lot. The service there is great with good value for money.

Hotel staff is efficient but very friendly and more than happy to help to get your stay more comfortable.

If I ever go back to Phoenix, I will surely consider this hotel, both for business and pleasure stay. As always in these cities, be sure to hire a car during your stay, Phoenix is a very large area.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. My wife and I were in town for a friends wedding. The Courtyard by Marriott Chandler was easy to find, clean, comfortable, and convenient to many food options and shopping. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and it is close to restaurants and stores. I travel to Chandler often and always stay at this Courtyard.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler

Address: 920 N 54th Street, Chandler, AZ 85226
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Chandler
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#10 Business Hotel in Chandler
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Phoenix / Chandler Hotel Chandler
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
Courtyard Chandler
Chandler Marriott
Chandler Courtyard

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.