“Nice hotel, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Wirral
“Nice hotel, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and have only been disappointed that I couldn't stay for longer!! The outdoor pool is lovely and in a very peaceful setting. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there are a few nice restaurants in easy walking distance. The location is great for getting around as it's close to the road network but still a very quiet place

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! I do hope that you can make your next stay with us longer, so that you can "rest and recharge" a little longer at our pool! We're coming to the time of year when the weather in the Phoenix area is at it's best.

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel to the Tempe, AZ area at least twice a year and decided to get out my usual routine and stay here. It is on par with what one would expect with a Marriott experience. It was easy to find, right off the freeway (although no road noise in the room), and there are several restaurants at all price points nearby. The lobby is clean and recently remodeled. The check-in experience was cheery and quick. There is a little deli area with a little bar area, although I don't think it's a traditional bar (maybe just serving bottled drinks?) The young lady operating it the evening I was there was very polite and efficient. Only negative remark is that the third floor generally and my room in particular had a weird odor to it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Mr. "Northstar",

It is always such a pleasure to get a review from a seasoned traveler such as yourself! I was happy to read that you changed your normal routine from staying at hotels in Tempe to give us a try here in Chandler. We are certainly fortunate to have a location with so many great dining options within a short walking distance.

I would love to be able to address the "odor" issue in your third floor room. If you would be so kind as to drop me an e-mail at gary.lueck@marriott.com with your specific room number or name, I can address that room directly.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Tempe area, you will stay at our hotel again. Perhaps then you can try our Bistro again, which does have a full-service bar with beer, wine and cocktails.

Take Care!

dabearsfan007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel was my stay on a business trip. It is a great location being right by 2 major freeways and also the Chandler Mall. The bar in the hotel has a great breakfast and dinner menu and the hotel provides free wi-fi. If not for business, I am not sure if a family would have a good stay because other than the mall, there is not much to do around the immediate area.
The AC in the rooms was loud and rattled.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Bears Fan,

It's always a pleasure to get a review from someone on TripAdvisor who has been noted by others to provide helpful reviews!

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel had a great location, the WiFi worked well and you found the menu for both breakfast and dinner to be good.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the noisy air conditioner! If you could be so kind, please drop me an e-mail at gary.lueck@marriott.com with either your room number, or name, so that I may have that air conditioner checked out.

I do hope that when your future travels bring you back to the South Phoenix Metro area that you will chose our hotel again.

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My stay at the Marriott Courtyard was very pleasant for the two nights I stayed there. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and updated. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. They have a small restaurant, however I didn't use it. I also saw a gym, laundry room, computers, etc. However I spent very little time on the property. The night clerk was very helpful with printing my airline boarding pass. It wasn't until I arrived home that my problems started. I was charged $279.18 for what I was told was cleaning costs. Since I left the room very neat, I asked for more information. I was then informed they had proof I was smoking and using drugs in the room. This is insane. I am a retire woman with stage4 cancer. I have had 5 cancers in the last 14 years including esophageal cancer where I had most of my esophagus removed. I have not smoked in 30 years and am incapable of smoking and have difficulty swallowing. I explained this, however the manager was rude and told me they need to investigate. After tears, stress, sleepless nights and many calls and letters I received a half hearted apology, telling me they rechecked and it was people down the hall. This took 7 days. Not a word to apologize for any stress I suffered or things I was accused of. Now I am waiting for my bank to settle this dispute I will be cleared up. As nice as the hotel was, the treatment after was something I never experienced and wouldn't want anyone else to. I don't know if it was due to terrible management or someone trying to take advantage and take money that didn't belong to them. I am glad it is settled, however I think I should at least receive a written apology. Stay if want but please watch your bill.

Room Tip: Be careful of billing. Check your credit card right away!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Ms. L,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your poor experience here. After we had spoken on the 18th of August, I did check the lock on the door and speak with all of the staff involved. Unfortunately this does take time with associates being schedule off, etc., I did confirm that the full credit of $279.18 was posted through our system to your Discover Card 4 days later, on August 22nd.

It was a pleasure to be able to speak with you on the phone on Friday the 22nd as well.

Again, we take our guests concerns and complaints seriously, and it is only through candid feedback that we can make improvements to our processes.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This COURTYARD hotel is hidden out of the way..but in a great location!! The staff at this hotel are all very helpful and kind. Alisha at the front desk was so very helpful to us on check in. We stayed here for 8 nights and it has just been the most wonderful king suite room!!! Housekeeping is very good as well. The Courtyard pool area is beautiful and inviting with Starbucks coffee inside hotel..Longhorn Steakhouse & Paradise Bakery and the Habit Burger in the parking lot..just walk right there.. I recommend this hotel when staying in the Chandler/Awahtukee area..you will find no better. :)

• Stayed August 2014
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our fellow travelers! During your 8-night stay with us you definitely had the time to explore the area and enjoy all of the great dining options we have within a short walk of the hotel. Was also pleased to hear you mention Habit Burger, as I dine there for lunch quite often and was pleasently surprised when I tried their grilled tuna which is absolutely awesome, and of the quality that you would expect from a 4-star restaurant. We hope that you get the opportunity to return to the Phoenix area and stay in our hotel again.

Warm Wishes,

Monterrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

stayed there 5 days. staff was friendly at all times. the rooms were ok, the bed was really comfortable and everything was clean. the deal i had included breakfast so i particularly liked the bistro cafe. i normaly dont have time to sit down to get breakdast so i used to grab something from the bistro to go. the chef and the personnal at the bistro was quick to make everything and the selection was good for me. i would stayed there again! there is a golfsmith store in the back and there is a good amount of different reataurants near there, enjoyed the location.

Stayed June 2014
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel with others. I was extremely happy to read that you found our beds to be "really comfortable", as we just completed replacing the beds in the hotel with Simmons Beautyrest Hyde Park mattresses and box springs, and you are the first person on TripAdvisor to complete a review after that installation. It was also a pleasure to hear that you found our staff in the Bistro to be quick and that you were able to take the time to enjoy breakfast while staying at our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Delft, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for business for a few nights. The hotel is clean and comfortable and up to the usual Marriott standards. The room was clean adequate in size. I missed a safe in the room but apart from that all the necessary things where there. The location was ok and i didn't really hear any noise from the nearby freeway. It was quite hot (100F) when i got in from Europe so I really appreciated the pool area to cool down. This was well maintained and staff came to check if everything was clean and if there where enough towels.Overall the staff was courteous but nothing more then that. Except for the lady behind the breakfast counter that overcompensated for the rest. All in all I had a good stay and will likely return if I need to do some more business in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Greetings to our long distance traveler! I truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to write review of our hotel, and was pleased to read that you took advantage of our pool to cool off from the hot Arizona sun. I personally feel that this is a great amenity that we have at our hotel that too few guests take advantage of.

I was happy to read that you found our associate in the restaurant to be spectacular, and I will share this review with the rest of our team to inspire them to give the same level of warm hospitality and service to our guests.

Gary Lueck

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!