“comfy good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Monterrey
“comfy good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

stayed there 5 days. staff was friendly at all times. the rooms were ok, the bed was really comfortable and everything was clean. the deal i had included breakfast so i particularly liked the bistro cafe. i normaly dont have time to sit down to get breakdast so i used to grab something from the bistro to go. the chef and the personnal at the bistro was quick to make everything and the selection was good for me. i would stayed there again! there is a golfsmith store in the back and there is a good amount of different reataurants near there, enjoyed the location.

Stayed June 2014
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel with others. I was extremely happy to read that you found our beds to be "really comfortable", as we just completed replacing the beds in the hotel with Simmons Beautyrest Hyde Park mattresses and box springs, and you are the first person on TripAdvisor to complete a review after that installation. It was also a pleasure to hear that you found our staff in the Bistro to be quick and that you were able to take the time to enjoy breakfast while staying at our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Delft, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for business for a few nights. The hotel is clean and comfortable and up to the usual Marriott standards. The room was clean adequate in size. I missed a safe in the room but apart from that all the necessary things where there. The location was ok and i didn't really hear any noise from the nearby freeway. It was quite hot (100F) when i got in from Europe so I really appreciated the pool area to cool down. This was well maintained and staff came to check if everything was clean and if there where enough towels.Overall the staff was courteous but nothing more then that. Except for the lady behind the breakfast counter that overcompensated for the rest. All in all I had a good stay and will likely return if I need to do some more business in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Greetings to our long distance traveler! I truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to write review of our hotel, and was pleased to read that you took advantage of our pool to cool off from the hot Arizona sun. I personally feel that this is a great amenity that we have at our hotel that too few guests take advantage of.

I was happy to read that you found our associate in the restaurant to be spectacular, and I will share this review with the rest of our team to inspire them to give the same level of warm hospitality and service to our guests.

Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed on this hotel for a business trip lasting about a week.

There are a lot of extremely good points about this hotel: Good Location, it was near to a lot of good restaurants, and a few shops, friendly and helpful staff, excellent rooms as they also contained a sofa and desk and were quite large. The pool area was also adequate.

On the downside I found it disappointing I had to pay extra for breakfast, and would have preferred more options.

I would still stay here again, and would recommend this place to others, you just need to be aware you need to budget for the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review! It is always such a pleasure getting feedback from a frequent traveler such as yourself.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel staff to be pleasant, and the area to be rich and diverse in dining and shopping options.

We do hope that you come stay with us again, and just so your aware, for only $5 extra for a single guest on the weekday, you can add a hot, cooked to order breakfast for one person.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Best beds! I sleep so well at Marriott's. My only constructive feedback was about the bistro. It's a bistro, so selection was slim. But in all the hotel was great, clean, staff was crazy friendly. Would recommend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
It is always such a pleasure to get a positive review from a seasoned traveler and someone who has reviewed many hotels. I love the fact that you mentioned our staff as being "crazy friendly", as it is that staff that truly makes the positive difference in a hotel. Beyond that, the hotel is just bricks and mortar, and I am truly blessed to have a wonderful team working here at the hotel with me.

Warm Regards,

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was staying at this place only for a day on 03/24. Coming in from Charlotte after a 5 hrs flight and day long meetings i was a little tired and hence could not explore the entire hotel
Having said that i felt this property in comparison to some of the other courtyard was just okay. Here is two cents on this place
- Spacious Rooms
- There is no water in the room ..you have to go all the way to ground floor to fetch a bottle of water
- Breakfast is at adjoining Courtyard property
- Limited brekfast options; had disposable plates and bowls for having meals...i prefer cutlery
- Nice location...close to mall which has lots of eating options
- I felt lighting in the room could have been better
- Can have faster lifts
- Staff was very helpful; my keys were not working..had to go to ground floor to request them to open the doors

Room Tip: Choose the room facing desert or road
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
It is always such a pleasure to get a review from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. I was pleased to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, and that restaurants nearby were a convenience for you.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the South Phoenix Metro area.

Warm Regards,

Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel the week of March 2nd through March 7th. The staff was very friendly but staff members who made my stay above and beyond my expectations: Cory at the front desk checked me in Sunday night and still remembered my name on Wednesday. Raymond who shuttled me to work every morning and Jeff and Sam who picked me up in the evenings. Ashley at sales office who was at the front desk on Tuesday. Chantel my housekeeper who I never met but did little things while straightening out my room that shows she has great pride and cares about the people staying in rooms she cleans! I hope management gives these employees an extra special notice for the incredible service they provide. Thanks again Cory, Raymond, Jeff, Sam, Ashley at sales office and most of all Chantel. Room 443!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Chere - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and I feel honored to have received both such a positive review, as well as your first review! I also wanted to thank you for individually recognizing the team members you met during your stay with us. They will certainly receive the recognition they so rightfully deserve.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Valley of the Sun that you will stay with us again.

Marin County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am finding that I am getting pretty tired of Courtyard in general, so my review is partly based on that fact, though there are some unique elements that I will highlight as well.

I am here for my second night of two right now and am here not only for the room nights, but also for a meeting that I facilitated. The hotel itself is about average for a Courtyard at this point from my experience. There are at least as many I have stayed at that aren't as nice and about the equal amount that are nicer. The room probably matches that same description, though it seems a bit tired with the showerhead being older, the bed being pretty uncomfortable and some small things like the closet door difficult to open.

The walls are thinner then other Marriott brands, though this isn't as bad as some Courtyard properties.

The service is friendly overall (front desk staff, management, housekeeping).

For the event I was facilitating, though not coordinating, I arrived in the meeting room at 8am for an 8:30am start and found an empty room other than the tables set up for 28 people. I was only expecting 21, so it was set too far back and too close to the walls. By myself, I moved tables and chairs around to make it more comfortable. I then had to go out to the front desk and ask where my supplies were (flip chart easels, flip chart pads, etc.) that were dropped off the night before for me to use. They were still locked up somewhere. I also had to ask where the beverages were that were arranged (coffee, juice, water, etc.). They had to rush around to get that set up as if it was an afterthought. There were no notepads or pens set out, which is customary for other meetings I have had at different Courtyard properties. Fortunately, the front desk staff, A.V. staff, banquet staff and management were all respectful and attentive upon my request, though I shouldn't have had to corral them. The morning break items that were brought at 10am were not removed until after 1:15pm even though we took our lunch break from noon-1pm (so they came in and interrupted our meeting) and they never refreshed our pitchers of water that ran out shortly after lunch.

Between the hotel just being average for a Courtyard (not average compared to anything better) and the stressful impact of how they handled the conference aspects - I am being generous with my 3-star rating.

For context - I am a platinum elite, and very loyal, Marriott member who has traveled extensively to nearly all Marriott brands as well as had several meetings at various Marriott branded properties.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share with me your recent experience you had while staying at our hotel and holding an event. I was dissapointed to hear that it was less than satisfactory.

I have shared your experience with our team, with the goal of "What could we have done differently?" "How could we have made this a more successful event?" I am also working with our Property Sales Coordinator, to ensure that he is viewing functions through the customers eyes, and what can be done proactively on his behalf to avoid what happened to your function.

As for the bed comfort, I am pleased to say that our Owners, partially due to feedback on sites such as TripAdvisor, have approved the purchase of new mattresses and box springs at our hotel, and we hope to have this completed by early Summer.

I appreciate the candid feedback, as it is sometimes only through hearing about our mistakes that we are able to make improvements.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for your less than positive experience.

Gary Lueck

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!