I am finding that I am getting pretty tired of Courtyard in general, so my review is partly based on that fact, though there are some unique elements that I will highlight as well.
I am here for my second night of two right now and am here not only for the room nights, but also for a meeting that I facilitated. The hotel itself is about average for a Courtyard at this point from my experience. There are at least as many I have stayed at that aren't as nice and about the equal amount that are nicer. The room probably matches that same description, though it seems a bit tired with the showerhead being older, the bed being pretty uncomfortable and some small things like the closet door difficult to open.
The walls are thinner then other Marriott brands, though this isn't as bad as some Courtyard properties.
The service is friendly overall (front desk staff, management, housekeeping).
For the event I was facilitating, though not coordinating, I arrived in the meeting room at 8am for an 8:30am start and found an empty room other than the tables set up for 28 people. I was only expecting 21, so it was set too far back and too close to the walls. By myself, I moved tables and chairs around to make it more comfortable. I then had to go out to the front desk and ask where my supplies were (flip chart easels, flip chart pads, etc.) that were dropped off the night before for me to use. They were still locked up somewhere. I also had to ask where the beverages were that were arranged (coffee, juice, water, etc.). They had to rush around to get that set up as if it was an afterthought. There were no notepads or pens set out, which is customary for other meetings I have had at different Courtyard properties. Fortunately, the front desk staff, A.V. staff, banquet staff and management were all respectful and attentive upon my request, though I shouldn't have had to corral them. The morning break items that were brought at 10am were not removed until after 1:15pm even though we took our lunch break from noon-1pm (so they came in and interrupted our meeting) and they never refreshed our pitchers of water that ran out shortly after lunch.
Between the hotel just being average for a Courtyard (not average compared to anything better) and the stressful impact of how they handled the conference aspects - I am being generous with my 3-star rating.
For context - I am a platinum elite, and very loyal, Marriott member who has traveled extensively to nearly all Marriott brands as well as had several meetings at various Marriott branded properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Chandler Hotel is conveniently located off I-10 near Chandler Fashion Center Mall, Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park and just 15 minutes from Phoenix Airport. As a guest of our Chandler hotel, you'll enjoy a state-of-the-art lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout, a 24-hour business center and easy access to the latest news, weather & airport conditions via the GoBoard(R). Grab a bite at The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R), which provides guests with a variety of breakfast offerings, including Starbucks(R) beverages in the morning and dinner service with cocktails. Take a break from your travels at our Chandler, Arizona hotel and relax beside our outdoor pool, soak in the whirlpool or get a brisk workout in at our 24-hour fitness center. Our Chandler, Arizona hotel near Chandler Fashion Center offers convenient amenities, stylishly-appointed accommodations, flexible event space & a convenient location nearby the area's best dining and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phoenix / Chandler Hotel Chandler
- Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
- Courtyard Chandler
- Chandler Marriott
- Chandler Courtyard