“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel in September and October while in business trip in Chandler.

Very similar characteristics to the many other Cortyard I've visited in the US ( I'm a Marriot Platinum member ) . Clean and convenient with nicely appointed rooms ( for the price paid ) .

What I absolutely miss in their room is a fridge !! When it's more than 100 F outside, you'd like to keep some cold drinks in the room, without going to the bar.

I had a chance to use the fitness center ( small-ish, but with new cardio machines and free weights ) and the nice outdoor pool.

I did not have breakfast in the hotel. It was not included in my company's special rate and usually I do not eat in the morning, I preferred to drive to the Starbucks very close by for a good espresso and cappuccino.

As usual, fast and easy check-in process and express check-out with the final bill slipped through the door ( and mailed to my e-mail ). Thumbs up !

I will keep using the Marriott chain hotels ( Courtyard or Residence Inn ) for my future trips to the US.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time as a seasoned traveler to share your experience with others! I concur with you that while the Fitness Center does have new equipment, it is a bit on the small side. A little tip for your next return to our hotel and for others reading this review. We do have an agreement and complimentary passes to Lifetime Fitness, located approximately 2 miles from our hotel, for those looking for a more extensive selection of workout equipment.

Thanks Again!

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff is very friendly and considering how close it's located to restaurants, shops, highway, I found it to be very quiet. The room was clean and well designed with desk, chair, sofa, table, king size bed. I like the TV on a swivel, that's a nice feature that you don't find everywhere. I'm looking forward to The Bistro for coffee and breakfast tomorrow morning.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, three rooms from the elevator. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others! I was happy to read that you found your room to be very quiet and enjoyed the convenience of our location to nearby restaurants and shop! I do hope that your experience in the Bistro the next morning was as equally delightful.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel upwards of twice a month. I adore the personal service, which is really appreciated as a frequent business traveler who stays in hotels all over the country throughout the month. They know my name, my premier status and always personally greet me. All that said, the beds are some of the worst around (hard as a rock) and the pillows are horrible - flat as pancakes. You'd think for a company that is in the sleep business, they'd provide more comfortable fundamentals, e.g. bed and pillows. The last few times the beds have been so hard - like a palette of bricks - I've asked them to swap the bed, and I left with cricks in my neck that lasted for weeks. If mgmt actually tested the accommodations once and a while I don't think I'd be writing this. They make up in service where the comfort leaves off. I'm not sure how many more times I'll stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear jcw,

I am pleased to hear that you feel that our service shines and that the name recognition by the staff makes a difference!

I also TRULY appreciate your feedback regarding the beds, and we are working with ownership to get them replaced. In fact, it is our top request for Capital investment next year.

Please drop me a note prior to your next arrival at gary.lueck@marriott.com, as we have come up with a new topper that we can place on your bed. Hopefully this will make for a more pleasant stay.

Until next time,

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the ideal location for traveling to Chander, Ahwatukee, Tempe and Scottsdale. Great staff, close to shops, restaruants, airport and golf courses. Would definitely stay here again when travel calls. Breakfast was fast and hot - no complaints from us..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dbrown49,

Thanks so much for your great comments! I agree with you that our hotel has a great central location to visit the various attractions and highlights that the beautiful Valley of the Sun has to offer. I was pleased to hear that your breakfast was fast and hot, and we look forward to hosting you again. Please come again soon, the weather is at it's best right now!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I live in Arizona during the winter months and live in Calgary the rest of the time. We typically bring our fifth wheel but this trip was unexpected. We are always so impressed with the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Idaho Falls we decided to stay in Chandler at the Courtyard, they did not disappoint. The Fairfield signed us up for the Marriott rewards program about a year ago and we use it when traveling back and forth during summer and winter migration from our home in Canada. We are now loyal Marriott members thanks to the Idaho Falls Fairfield Inn and now our friends at the Courtyard Chandler Arizona.

• Stayed July 2013
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
What a delight to hear that you are "newer" members to our Marriott Rewards program, and that you tried our hotel and found it to be just as delightful as our Fairfield Inn in Idaho Springs, Idaho.

Hopefully you can swing by and say "Hello" on your way down this Fall to enjoy the sun and warmth that we are blessed with in the Winter.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. its directly opposite the very nice Chandler Fashion Center so handy for shopping and for a large range of restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. When they learnt I had heavy bags, they cheerfully shifted me to a room closer to the side door (despite the fact this essentially upgraded me to a two bed, two bath apartment for free). I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is always a pleasure to read a positive review, especially when it comes from a seasoned traveler such as yourself! I was please to hear that you enjoyed our location, and the abundance of great restaurants and shopping that we have in walking distance to our hotel. I was also pleased to see that we were able to upgrade your room to both a nicer suite, as well as a more convenient location.

We look forward to being your home away from home the next time you visit the Phoenix area.

Thanks,

Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in June when the daytime temps were very hot. In our room the AC was set for 65 degrees and it ran all the time never cooling past 75 degrees in the room. The toilet was not very clean. It had rust stains in the bowl. The carpet and walls around the hotel showed their age. Maybe this hotel is due for an update.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While it is never pleasant to hear when one of our guests was dissatisfied, I nonetheless appreciate the candid feedback.

I had our Chief Engineer check the thermostat in the room that you had stayed in, and he found it to be out of calibration and had to correct it.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the South Metro area, that you will give our hotel a try again.

Thanks!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!