“Bad housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Redondo Beach, California
“Bad housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights starting on 5-24-13 with my girlfriend while visiting family. Hotel as expected, meaning no unpleasant surprises. Convenient location. Room updated in 2012.

Had problems with housekeeping daily. On second day they did not show up at all! I actually spoke with the maid who was in the corridor at 5 p.m. and she told me she would come in half hour. We left for dinner and she never shoed up. The only other irritant is the tiny shampoo bottles. You are lucky to get one wash out of the bottle. Truly tiny!!

Otherwise, not a bad property.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms ensure nobody is above you. Our room had a pool view balcony. Unsure wether all room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor housekeeping service you had while at our hotel. I also appreciate that you had shared the fact that the Housekeeper had not serviced your room with the hotel staff, as it gave us the opportunity to speak with the Housekeeper who was assigned to clean your room, and serve as a general reminder to all of our Housekeeping staff, to ensure that mistakes like this do not happen in the future.

Gary L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

my first visit to courtyard by marriott of chandler, AZ, a year back in 2012, the courtyard gave me a decent surprised as a mid range hotel. my recent trip in May 2013, the service was appalling despite the renovated lounge/bar. i asked if there is fridge provided to my room, the front desk said since i am an elite member i will be given one, but at the time of check-in there was none left on the store, all fridge were used up.
I checkin on monday, i repeated the request each day from tuesday to wednesday and to thursday and everytime i was told they will get me a fridge to my room soon. Saturday i checked out and i was still without a fridge. no point asking for fridge on friday as i was leaving on saturday.
i dont know what's wrong but i think improvement on customer request and service surely needed. particularly on proper closure and follow up. if i m not entitled for a fridge then just say it and dont tell that i m an elite member but with no prioritization. something wrong with the system. but i think nothing wrong with the frontdesk as i can see they are capturing my request or questions, but just no followup.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with me. I always appreciate it when I am able to get candid feedback from a frequent traveler such as yourself. I will personally follow-up with our Front Desk staff to see why your request was not handled properly, and if there was truly not a refrigerator available during the time of your stay, why you were not informed of that at the time. Could you please contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com to share with me the dates of your stay. That would help me greatly in following up.

Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Business trip. Sleeping rooms okay. Bistro too slow in mornings. Meeting room too noise. Second time in the same meeting room. A/C noisy, makes it hard to hear speakers. Lunch was okay. Did not pay, so not able to comment on value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies, as we certainly strive to have the experience our guests have to be more than above average! It is only through candid feedback such as this that we can see our faults and focus on those weak points so that we may improve our product and service levels. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com, so that I may get additional information as to the dates of your stay, and the meeting that you attended, so that I can address the issues with the noise level of the Air Conditioning.

Warm Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a visit here last week with my family for a volleyball tournament in Phoenix, and I had called the day before to ask about getting my rooms placed on the first floor if possible. The woman who answered the phone assured me that it was all taken care of, but at checkin the front desk agent Joe did not have any available and was unaware that i had even called. I was very upset about the situation but I am pleased to say that he weathered the situation as well as he could have. He seemed genuinelly caring and concerned about fixing the problem, and took the kind of effort you rarely see at big corporate hotels like this, including offering me free breakfast (which can get expensive at a place like this) and moving me to rooms away from elevators/ice machines so at least we could get a good night's sleep. I originally wanted to speak with a manager about the situation, but after the steps he took, I was satisfied with the response and decided not to make it a bigger deal. It's clear that this hotel cares about its guests and cares about fixing mistakes when they happen. Thank you to Joe and the rest of the night staff that was there-- my girls and I will be coming back despite what could have been a total disaster.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers! Please accept my apologies for the service you received from the first associate you spoke with, and I have already addressed the issue with her. Many, many thanks for taking the time to both remember Joe's name and to mention him in the review. Joe definitely takes ownership of anything that comes his way, and I was happy to hear that he saved the trip.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed for one night for a wedding in Phoenix. The property was very nice, room was great, clean and nicely decorated. Very small enclosed balcony to our room. Big TV but no Fox Soccer Channel which was bummer. Free WiFi which was a big plus, very very small shampoo bottles which can be very inconvenient if you forget your own. Great location, tons of shops and restaurants. (The Good Egg was a great breakfast joint). Would definitely stay again, thanks to Marriott for participating with Priceline too!

Room Tip: Marriott partners with Priceline. Website rate was $129, I got it for $65.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Your review is exactly what we strive for here at our Hotel! We are fortunate to be in a location close to both shopping and restaurants, and glad that we had availability on Priceline that worked well with the dates you needed for a wedding in the area. Thanks again for you sharing your experience and we hope to host you again during your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Phoenix for a long weekend and needed a convenient, reliable hotel to serve as a homebase for our various activities. We had several day-trips planned and weren't planning on lounging by the pool, so no need for a resort and resort fees! I frequently stay at Courtyards on business and this Courtyard did not disappoint. The room was very nice and clean (surprised by reviews stating otherwise) and the bed was very comfortable. This had to be one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in and it was completely booked the entire weekend. In addition, we were lucky enough to have been taken care of by Joe at the front desk. He was very friendly and efficient and provided us with suggestions for local restaurants that were exactly what we wanted--and very good! I would highly recomment this hotel and plan on returning next time in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from a Courtyard loyal guest. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share with others that you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable - which is exactly what we strive for! I was especially pleased to read that you found Joe at the Front Desk to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Cheers!

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here as I was coming up from a work day in Tucson. Good location with access to the freeway and lots of restaurants in the area and some are within walking distance on a nice day. Newer Lobby area but the rooms could use it now too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate it when frequent traveler takes the time to let us know about their experience. I am delighted that you shared with other travelers the ease of access to our hotel and the wealth of fine dining within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience.

Gary Lueck

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!