You added Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Gilbert, Arizona
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Business trip. Sleeping rooms okay. Bistro too slow in mornings. Meeting room too noise. Second time in the same meeting room. A/C noisy, makes it hard to hear speakers. Lunch was okay. Did not pay, so not able to comment on value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies, as we certainly strive to have the experience our guests have to be more than above average! It is only through candid feedback such as this that we can see our faults and focus on those weak points so that we may improve our product and service levels. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com, so that I may get additional information as to the dates of your stay, and the meeting that you attended, so that I can address the issues with the noise level of the Air Conditioning.

Warm Regards,

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a visit here last week with my family for a volleyball tournament in Phoenix, and I had called the day before to ask about getting my rooms placed on the first floor if possible. The woman who answered the phone assured me that it was all taken care of, but at checkin the front desk agent Joe did not have any available and was unaware that i had even called. I was very upset about the situation but I am pleased to say that he weathered the situation as well as he could have. He seemed genuinelly caring and concerned about fixing the problem, and took the kind of effort you rarely see at big corporate hotels like this, including offering me free breakfast (which can get expensive at a place like this) and moving me to rooms away from elevators/ice machines so at least we could get a good night's sleep. I originally wanted to speak with a manager about the situation, but after the steps he took, I was satisfied with the response and decided not to make it a bigger deal. It's clear that this hotel cares about its guests and cares about fixing mistakes when they happen. Thank you to Joe and the rest of the night staff that was there-- my girls and I will be coming back despite what could have been a total disaster.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers! Please accept my apologies for the service you received from the first associate you spoke with, and I have already addressed the issue with her. Many, many thanks for taking the time to both remember Joe's name and to mention him in the review. Joe definitely takes ownership of anything that comes his way, and I was happy to hear that he saved the trip.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Gary L
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed for one night for a wedding in Phoenix. The property was very nice, room was great, clean and nicely decorated. Very small enclosed balcony to our room. Big TV but no Fox Soccer Channel which was bummer. Free WiFi which was a big plus, very very small shampoo bottles which can be very inconvenient if you forget your own. Great location, tons of shops and restaurants. (The Good Egg was a great breakfast joint). Would definitely stay again, thanks to Marriott for participating with Priceline too!

Room Tip: Marriott partners with Priceline. Website rate was $129, I got it for $65.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Your review is exactly what we strive for here at our Hotel! We are fortunate to be in a location close to both shopping and restaurants, and glad that we had availability on Priceline that worked well with the dates you needed for a wedding in the area. Thanks again for you sharing your experience and we hope to host you again during your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Phoenix for a long weekend and needed a convenient, reliable hotel to serve as a homebase for our various activities. We had several day-trips planned and weren't planning on lounging by the pool, so no need for a resort and resort fees! I frequently stay at Courtyards on business and this Courtyard did not disappoint. The room was very nice and clean (surprised by reviews stating otherwise) and the bed was very comfortable. This had to be one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in and it was completely booked the entire weekend. In addition, we were lucky enough to have been taken care of by Joe at the front desk. He was very friendly and efficient and provided us with suggestions for local restaurants that were exactly what we wanted--and very good! I would highly recomment this hotel and plan on returning next time in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from a Courtyard loyal guest. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share with others that you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable - which is exactly what we strive for! I was especially pleased to read that you found Joe at the Front Desk to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Cheers!

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here as I was coming up from a work day in Tucson. Good location with access to the freeway and lots of restaurants in the area and some are within walking distance on a nice day. Newer Lobby area but the rooms could use it now too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate it when frequent traveler takes the time to let us know about their experience. I am delighted that you shared with other travelers the ease of access to our hotel and the wealth of fine dining within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well after staying in hotels 100 plus nights a year, for over 5 years, this really made me want to throw up in my mouth. I could tell that this room had not had a deep cleaning in a long time. This was due to the overall condtion of room 262. I was disgusted when I looked at the bathroom fan vent. (see pics) Suffice to say, I couldnt check out fast enough. It was clear that the "Dust Chandelier" wasn't formed overnight. Also, please note, this is a NON SMOKING Property, apparently the Marlboro man was near me, and trust me, the stench of the cigarette smoke was overwhelming. I contacted the night staff, who said the would look into the source. I contacted the GM (Gary Lueck) of the hotel, via email with a request to be contacted. I have yet to hear back from him. I will say that the staff at the front desk was SUPER (Colby in particular) and treated me very well. If your in the Chandler area, stay away. That is how I see it from the streets, keeping it real GK

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to contact me, as it is only through candid feedback such as this that we are able to discover and address our shortfalls. It appears that issues were aggravated when your e-mail that you had sent to me ended up was not recognized and had errantly been identified as spam.

I personally followed up with the Housekeeper who is assigned the section of rooms that your Suite was in, and have also inspected other rooms throughout the hotel to address the issue of lint build up on the exhaust fans. We have also added this in as a rotational item on our special projects calendar so that we can address it on a regular basis.

Thanks for your loyalty as a Marriott Elite member and we hope that you will give our hotel a second chance when business brings you back to the Phoenix South Metro area.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really can't go wrong with a Courtyard. Rooms as always set perfectly for after hours business and beds a comfortable. This property in particular is close to some very good restaurants, which made it easy to entertain and then slide back to the room.

Close to PHX, it's a breeze to get to/from and on your way.

Great location and consistent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from an extensive traveler. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. It is especially great that you shared with other travelers about the great number of restaurants we have within walking distance of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Thanks,