“Perfect Homebase for Phoenix Activities” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
“Perfect Homebase for Phoenix Activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Phoenix for a long weekend and needed a convenient, reliable hotel to serve as a homebase for our various activities. We had several day-trips planned and weren't planning on lounging by the pool, so no need for a resort and resort fees! I frequently stay at Courtyards on business and this Courtyard did not disappoint. The room was very nice and clean (surprised by reviews stating otherwise) and the bed was very comfortable. This had to be one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in and it was completely booked the entire weekend. In addition, we were lucky enough to have been taken care of by Joe at the front desk. He was very friendly and efficient and provided us with suggestions for local restaurants that were exactly what we wanted--and very good! I would highly recomment this hotel and plan on returning next time in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from a Courtyard loyal guest. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share with others that you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable - which is exactly what we strive for! I was especially pleased to read that you found Joe at the Front Desk to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Cheers!

Gary Lueck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here as I was coming up from a work day in Tucson. Good location with access to the freeway and lots of restaurants in the area and some are within walking distance on a nice day. Newer Lobby area but the rooms could use it now too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate it when frequent traveler takes the time to let us know about their experience. I am delighted that you shared with other travelers the ease of access to our hotel and the wealth of fine dining within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well after staying in hotels 100 plus nights a year, for over 5 years, this really made me want to throw up in my mouth. I could tell that this room had not had a deep cleaning in a long time. This was due to the overall condtion of room 262. I was disgusted when I looked at the bathroom fan vent. (see pics) Suffice to say, I couldnt check out fast enough. It was clear that the "Dust Chandelier" wasn't formed overnight. Also, please note, this is a NON SMOKING Property, apparently the Marlboro man was near me, and trust me, the stench of the cigarette smoke was overwhelming. I contacted the night staff, who said the would look into the source. I contacted the GM (Gary Lueck) of the hotel, via email with a request to be contacted. I have yet to hear back from him. I will say that the staff at the front desk was SUPER (Colby in particular) and treated me very well. If your in the Chandler area, stay away. That is how I see it from the streets, keeping it real GK

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to contact me, as it is only through candid feedback such as this that we are able to discover and address our shortfalls. It appears that issues were aggravated when your e-mail that you had sent to me ended up was not recognized and had errantly been identified as spam.

I personally followed up with the Housekeeper who is assigned the section of rooms that your Suite was in, and have also inspected other rooms throughout the hotel to address the issue of lint build up on the exhaust fans. We have also added this in as a rotational item on our special projects calendar so that we can address it on a regular basis.

Thanks for your loyalty as a Marriott Elite member and we hope that you will give our hotel a second chance when business brings you back to the Phoenix South Metro area.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really can't go wrong with a Courtyard. Rooms as always set perfectly for after hours business and beds a comfortable. This property in particular is close to some very good restaurants, which made it easy to entertain and then slide back to the room.

Close to PHX, it's a breeze to get to/from and on your way.

Great location and consistent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from an extensive traveler. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. It is especially great that you shared with other travelers about the great number of restaurants we have within walking distance of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Thanks,

Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This property is old. The air conditioner units rattle like there is change in the bottom of them and it's very noisy. I can sleep through just about anything. Beds are not that great either. I've stayed here over 10 times because it happens to be close to my customer but I'm looking for a different Marriott even if just a bit further away.

I have to say the location is great, not a lot of traffic noise and the staff is really great too. I just wish they could upgrade the ac units and beds...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate it when frequent traveler takes the time to let us know about their experience. While we had hoped that our owner was going to invest in new bedding during our recent renovation, that project was pushed to a future date. However, candid feedback such as this helps our Owner prioritize what projects should receive top priority.

Please contact me personally so that I may research what room you were in so that I may have our Engineer take a look at it. The Air Conditioners in our rooms are fairly new and noise as such as you described should not be experienced.

Take Care,

Bishop, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very helpful staff.Was able to provide directions to locale,as location is not on a main street and was behind other buildings.Quiet location,never heard any traffic noise.The mgr even Fed Ex'd paperwork that was not available on check inn.I have always enjoyed Courtyard locations after spending a year living in one...

Room Tip: Upstairs is nice and quiet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gary L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Your review is exactly what we strive for here at our Hotel! I was delighted to read that you found our staff to be providing excellent customer service. I recall the importance you expressed with the importance of your Federal Express shipment and took it as an opportunity to provide a great guest delighter. Without outstanding customer service, a hotel is just a building. Thanks again for you sharing your experience and we hope to host you again during your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Thanks Again,

Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spent a quick one night stay while in town on business. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. The Breakfast is very healthy driven. The prices are very reasonable. The oatmeal is very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel! I was pleased to read that you found our breakfast options to have healthy choices and happy to hear that you enjoyed the oatmeal. We look forward to hosting you as our guest again in the near future.

Take Care,

Gary Lueck

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!