“Nice hotel overall - but uncomfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice hotel overall - but uncomfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were visiting relatives for a baby shower in Chandler and stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. It was in a good location right off the interstate and down the road from the mall. The lobby had a newer modern look with an open business center and a lobby bar/cafe that looked pretty nice. I didn't use the pool, but it looked nice and there were outdoor patios in the rear. Free parking and Wifi but no included breakfast. The cafe had breakfast but the prices were too high for me so I drove down the road to eat.

My only complaints were that the bed was uncomfortable. My wife was 9 months pregnant and didn't sleep at all. The elevator was painfully slow and while this seems like a minor point, it became increasingly irritating every time we left the room. The ice machine was broken on our floor and I had to search several floors to find one that worked.

Minor complaints - overall this was a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor to avoid the slow elevators - there is no view to speak of anyway on the upp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gary L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you found our freshly renovated hotel to be attractive and open. I was dissapointed to hear that you and your wife found the bed to be uncomfortable, but it is through candid feedback such as this that we can address our shortfalls. I would appreciate it if you could contact me at gary.lueck@marriott.com so that I can research the room that you stayed in to see if there is something defective with that particular bed.

Thanks Again,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I expected a service less dump based on reviews I read on line. My room was nicely appointed. Wi-fi was free (Marriott's are notorious for huge Internet fees). They had a cafe with OK food. You couldn't ask for nicer, more helpful staff. I would stay here again. It's a Courtyard, not a Marriott and does a good job for its hotel class.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It is a pleasure to get such fantastic feedback from an extensive traveler. Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. I was especially pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the Phoenix-Chandler area.

Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I traveled to the Chandler/Phoenix area for the first time this past week for business and this was the choice of those who routinely travel to this area for our company. Unfortunately I happened to be there while the lobby/registration renovations were underway. It is a necessity, and I am sure it will look great when complete. But it did make it inconvenient and not a best first impression. However the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is available, though it is not included with the rate; for the money it is a good hot breakfast. Room was clean and is much he same as other hotel rooms with bed, sofa and desk. I thought the bed was very comfortable and at least they had a good flat screen TV with subscription to local cable. It is located in a great area with plenty of restaurants and easy access to the main highway. If traveling for vacation I might consider other choices, but if you can get a good rate, it is worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
CYDTCGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I certainly concur with you that it is an unfortunate circumstance when a hotel is undergoing a renovation, but it is a necessary inconvenience in order to keep the product fresh. Our renovation was completed on July 23rd, and now the hotel has a completely new look from the guest rooms to the lobby and our new Bistro that serves breakfast, dinner and has a full-service bar. We hope that you can be our guest again now that the renovations are complete!

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel does not come with fridge by default and during my 1st night stay i was quite surprised i have to ask the hotel staff to get me a fridge. it was a mobile fridge anyway.

sometimes during a busy morning during breakfast, the service is quite slow.

Either they operate with budget, or understaff, i found out that the restaurant staff (a waitress) that served me breakfast was manning the front desk when i check out. hmmm...

despite some questions, i have to give credit to the prompt morning call service that i requested. i had never been waking up late.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to wirte a survey about your experience here at our hotel. I was dissapointed to read that your breakfast service was slow. It does sound as if perhaps an associate had called in sick, as we don't normally have the same associate working in both the restaurant and the Front Desk.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Chandler area that you can stay in our freshly renovated hotel, and experience the new breakfast we have to offer in the Bistro, complete with Starbucks beverages.

Kind Regards,

Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I place a lot of value in hotels based on cleanliness and decor. I would said this hotel met all my needs; not just my must haves but there is a nice Bistro area, the food is great, they booths with your very own flat screen TV for private eating and the bigger room with a large Flat screen. Everyone was friendly, courtesy and willing to help you with whatever they can. The rooms were very clean. You can tell when even the baseboards are clean. The beds were very comfortable as well. I am not sure how old the hotel is but white towels are a plus. The room has wi-fi, great channels and a refrigerator for left overs or keeping water cold. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We strive here at the hotel to provide not only the basics - a comfortable bed and great breakfast, but also ensuring that our associates are friendly and provide excellent customer service. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed one of the "media pods" located in our new Bistro area.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Nice, modern, and expensive. If my father in-law had not gotten a fabulous deal through price line we would not have stayed there. The pool was nice, but no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank anicole23
CYDTCGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience here at our hotel! I am pleased to say that our hotel is scheduled to complete significant improvement to our hotel, as we will be starting a renovation on our guest rooms on April 10, 2012 followed soon after with a renovation to our lobby areas which will include the addition of the Bistro to enhance our food and beverage offerings which will be far superior to limited service hotels, as well as evening food and beverage including a full bar.

Come try us again in early August, when you will see plenty of perks as well as a fresh, new look!

Warm Regards,

San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel location is excellent, as you have your choice in a variety of foods when you walk out the door. Parking is easy, and the hotel rooms are very clean, and a nice seating area with a tv is located next to the lobby. That's where the positive aspects end. Virtually every hotel and motel now offers free wifi internet access. Well, this hotel lacked that luxury. There were options to connect to a wifi network, but one must pay for the service. There are no microwaves, coffee makers, or refrigerators in the room. I typically stay at hotels costing half of the price, and those are almost always included as well. Also missing is a free continental breakfast. They do, however, provide free coffee in the lobby. I would not opt to stay at this location again because I would expect much more for the price paid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Petzl76
I am pleased to say that our hotel just completed significant improvement to our High Speed Internet service, which includes adding both wireless access to all of our guest rooms, as well as additional bandwidth. We started a renovation on our guest rooms on April 23, 2012 followed soon after with a renovation to our lobby areas which will include the addition of the Bistro to enhance our food and beverage offerings.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix - Chander area, that you will chose our hotel again.