“Marriott needs to remove their name from this property” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
York, Maine
“Marriott needs to remove their name from this property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the worst Marriott property I have ever stayed at....I have stayed at over 150 Marriotts. The layout of the room was terrible. Only one mirror in the room and no storage in the bathroom. The toilet ran and the room smelled musty at first. The walls were paper thin. The hotel was full, so they could not get enough towels to the guests. The breakfast room was laidout in a terrible fashion. Waffles were to be the main food for breakfast, but only one single station was there. The wait was too long.
Staff was friendly, but they were over whelmed. Make sure you do not lose Cheryl at the front desk..she was very good.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob C
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that your stay was not excellent. I would like to discuss this stay with you in more detail. Please contact me at 480-726-7666.
Thank you again for staying with us.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Walls are so thin you can hear people talking from one floor away or 2 rooms away! Staff is friendly and helpful and location is great..but the worst hotel, noise and construtction wise I have seen in the USA in 40 years A Big Marriott disappointment

Room Tip: Plenty of other nearby hotels in Chandler to choose from
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ftm194999
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do apologize there was some road construction work during your stay since then has been completed. As for hearing guests that are too loud please feel free to contact the front desk and we will be happy to check on the room. Here at the SpringHill Suites Chandler we strive to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. It seems like we did not meet your expectations. I would like to discuss this further so please feel free to give me a call 480-726-7666. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for staying with us.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed for business. Hotel is licated next to Mall so convenient. Wall are paper thin and so everything going on you can hear all night. Shower was rusting and gym was tgere but Very limited. I was disappointed. Staff was very fiendly.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank PortlandRoss
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time reviewing our hotel. I do apologize that the room you stayed did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to review with our maintenance engineer to ensure this gets addressed. I would like to discuss more about your stay please feel free to call the hotel at 480-726-7666. I look forward to hearing from you.
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here while my husband and I were searching for our new home before relocating to Chandler. Great location by the mall in Chandler and close to restaurants and the expressway. Found the rooms to be super clean which is highly important to me!! Loved the mini kitchen and sitting area. Rooms were nicely appointed and modern. My big problem with the room design is that the bathroom is just steps away from the bed and there's no door to the sink and closet area--only a door to the toilet/tub. This means if someone gets up to use the bathroom/sink while the other is sleeping, the light and noise is right in their face. Not to mention there's NO privacy if one person is bed and the other is using the sink to get ready, etc. Did not like this at all.

Also, there were workers talking very loudly to each other and even shouting down the hall very, very early in the morning when we were trying to sleep. Super annoying. The hotel does serve a full breakfast but it was disgusting. Watery eggs and dry baked goods. Way too many people eating in a small area and the items ran out quickly. Guests had to go up to front desk to get more orange juice. We chose to eat outside the hotel the next day. I'd rather see a continental breakfast of higher quality than runny eggs.

Overall, a really nice stay for the price and would and have recommended the hotel to anyone not wanting to stay at our home when they come to visit. Keep up the cleaning, SpringHill!! I should also mention that the front desk people were great and one of them helped us choose a place to eat and helped with directions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry the breakfast did not meet your expectations while you were here, I will be sure to review this with our breakfast staff. We strive to make sure every gust enjoys their stay and we know how valuable breakfast is to start their day. Our breakfast staff has been re-trained on replenishing food before it runs out.

I am excited that the staff took care of you during your stay and gave you suggestions to eat.

Congratulations on your new home and welcome to Chandler.
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Easy to get to from expressway. Our stay was somewhat marred by the overwhelming presence of adolescent boys staying for a hockey tournament! Never heard them at night but they did overwhelm breakfast buffet and trash the area. The staff tried valiantly to keep up....the manager even offered call next door to the Residence Inn to use their pool if the kids were too loud. Friendly friendly staff....Very clean room but the towels are very skimpy and those at the pool were thread bare. I agree that that the bed was very squishy. Might try the next door sister hotel Residence Inn next time....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay while you were here. I do apologize for the towels not meeting your expectations, but I can assure you we have ordered new ones. We look forward next time you are back in Chandler.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel was great in every way except that the beds were uncomfortable and the pool is small and without sun by mid afternoon. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Good complimentary breakfast. Great location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is nice and clean, plus the staff is super friendly. However, it was the most uncomfortable bed and sofa ever! The pillows, all 4 of them, were maybe 18 inches square. How do you keep your head on it? I couldn't! The bed linens were so thin that every time I moved the sheets rolled with me. I also noticed that the hand towels (3) didn't match. It looked like they ran out and bought whatever towels they could find. I was kicking myself for paying too much for this supposed 3 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy you thought the hotel was nice and clean and we had great staff service. I do want to let you know we have an order for some bed replacements that we will have installed within two weeks. This will make sure the guest will get a comfortable nights sleep. I will discuss with the staff to replace any pillows that need to be. The towels have been phasing out due to design change from our vendor and we try to have our staff match the towels together so they look more in unison. If you ever do come back to Chandler we would like for you to give us another chance and we can make sure you enjoy your stay from our hotel accommodations to a wonderful staff.