“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 26 hotels in Chandler
Michigan Center, Michigan
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This delightful hotel is located directly across street from major, upscale mall. The staff and service were impeccable. The General Manager was on site and extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean, premises well maintained, breakfast of eggs, bacon, waffles,oatmeal, fruit, juices and breads worth $15. alone. Pool area was nice, private. You will love this hotel, the staff, the location.

Room Tip: This delightful hotel is located directly across street from major, upscale mall. The staff and serv...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you the next time you are back in the Chandler area.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our king suite was so clean, fresh and inviting, from the kitchen area to the comfortable bed, we were more than pleased with the accommodations. The only item better than our room was the super friendly staff upon our arrival at 4pm to the early morning crew - we always got a smile and helpful attitude. The suite included a fridge, sink, microwave and coffee maker. A nice office desk and chair - separated from the bed were also in the suite. We were also able to use the pool and patio, and fitness center - and the location could not be better, as it is close to shopping, restaurants and highway access. We will definitely return to this hotel when we return for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be happy to share this with my staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you are back in the Chandler area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am very pleased with the accommodations for the money! We paid for a king and was pleasantly surprised with a king suite (I don't know if all of their rooms are suites or not). Lovely carpet, nice bar area with fridge, microwave and sink - glasses and bar towels were included. Lighting was nice and the bath towels were decent, not plush, but decent. If I had any gripe at all it would be that the mattress was ready to be retired. The linens were very good, but the mattress was 'spongy' and sunken a bit in the middle. All-in-all we would definitely stay here again. Good eating establishments just a walk away (Olive Garden, Red Robin, 5 Guys).... Hobby Lobby and other places to kill time if you need to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and giving our hotel a review. The location of our hotel to the restaurants and shops make it very convenient for our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Chandler area.
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I do a lot of travel and use Marriot almost exclusively but, had never stayed at a Springhill suites.
Arrived and the lobby was nice, updated and pleasant. Room was similar however, get past the nice facade and you find that things are not as they seem. The beds were way too soft, bedding did not fit, couch was so soft it hurt to sit in, there is no closet just a pole and shelf outside the vanity. There is one tv at the far end of the room closest to the couch so it is very difficult to watch from both the beds and the couch. Bathroom was small, vanity was recessed so you could not share (even though there were two beds in the room). The breakfast was pretty much the standard hotel breakfast that you find a most chains and there was a nice selection (eggs, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal)
All in all, I will avoid staying at this hotel chain unless I have not other choice.

I do have to say that the staff was EXCELLENT and very responsive to any requests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for review. We are currently in the process of replacing the beds to make them more comfortable. I am glad to hear the service was excellent and we strive to make sure our guests get the best service.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is in a great location for shopping and eating, right across Chandler Blvd from the Chandler Fashion Center, but I found the rooms to be a bit boring and dated.

Overall I rate the hotel as average. I stay in hotels over 200 nights per year, so I am probably more picky than the average guest. Anyway, relative to the other Marriott Properties I have stayed at in the greater PHX area this is on the bottom of my list. Maybe it was the greenish colored couch and carpet, but the room just didn't feel warm to me. Also, I had asked for a quiet room, so they put me at the end of a hallway. However, there was also a laundry room at the same end of the hallway, so I got to listen to a family and their screaming kid doing laundry. Normally I would have asked to change rooms, but I was dead tired and didn't feel like moving. The next day I moved to the Springhill Suites Tempe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for review. Our location is very convenient for our guests to get something to eat and shop. I do apologize that you were near the laundry and we hope next time you are back in Chandler you give us another try.
Benicia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for spring training. It was a bit far from the Giant's stadium (about a 30 min drive), but it is much closer to some of the other stadiums. The room was clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, desk and sitting area. The placement of the TV was a bit odd. It was on a swivel so it could be used in either the sitting area or the bed. While lying on my side of the bed it was a bit difficult to see the TV. Also the bed was hard, but that wasn't that big of a deal to me.

Breakfast was pretty much as expected- had hot food- varied a little day to day but always had eggs, muffins, juice, milk, make your own waffles and toast. Breakfast area was very crowded, hard to find a seat when we got there later in breakfast service but they were always quick to refill items that were running out. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your taking the time and giving our hotel a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to watch some spring training games while you were in the Chandler area. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We made the reservation during the snow bird season, which is not the best idea. Everyone else is in Arizona at the same time.

The motel had great staff. They were helpful and professional. The motel was very clean and well designed. The rooms were very roomy and comfortable with a refrigerator and a microwave. Everything worked as advertised.

The location of the motel is very convenient to the highway, shopping center across the road, and restaurants.

This was our first time staying here. We would probably stay here again if need be. We would try to avoid the snow bird season. We did enjoy the warm weather and it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Snowbird season is a very busy season for us since the weather is so nice. I will be sure to pass this along to our staff that you really enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back next time you are in Chandler, AZ.

Been to SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center? Share your experiences!