“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Houston, Texas
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am very pleased with the accommodations for the money! We paid for a king and was pleasantly surprised with a king suite (I don't know if all of their rooms are suites or not). Lovely carpet, nice bar area with fridge, microwave and sink - glasses and bar towels were included. Lighting was nice and the bath towels were decent, not plush, but decent. If I had any gripe at all it would be that the mattress was ready to be retired. The linens were very good, but the mattress was 'spongy' and sunken a bit in the middle. All-in-all we would definitely stay here again. Good eating establishments just a walk away (Olive Garden, Red Robin, 5 Guys).... Hobby Lobby and other places to kill time if you need to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and giving our hotel a review. The location of our hotel to the restaurants and shops make it very convenient for our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Chandler area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I do a lot of travel and use Marriot almost exclusively but, had never stayed at a Springhill suites.
Arrived and the lobby was nice, updated and pleasant. Room was similar however, get past the nice facade and you find that things are not as they seem. The beds were way too soft, bedding did not fit, couch was so soft it hurt to sit in, there is no closet just a pole and shelf outside the vanity. There is one tv at the far end of the room closest to the couch so it is very difficult to watch from both the beds and the couch. Bathroom was small, vanity was recessed so you could not share (even though there were two beds in the room). The breakfast was pretty much the standard hotel breakfast that you find a most chains and there was a nice selection (eggs, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal)
All in all, I will avoid staying at this hotel chain unless I have not other choice.

I do have to say that the staff was EXCELLENT and very responsive to any requests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for review. We are currently in the process of replacing the beds to make them more comfortable. I am glad to hear the service was excellent and we strive to make sure our guests get the best service.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is in a great location for shopping and eating, right across Chandler Blvd from the Chandler Fashion Center, but I found the rooms to be a bit boring and dated.

Overall I rate the hotel as average. I stay in hotels over 200 nights per year, so I am probably more picky than the average guest. Anyway, relative to the other Marriott Properties I have stayed at in the greater PHX area this is on the bottom of my list. Maybe it was the greenish colored couch and carpet, but the room just didn't feel warm to me. Also, I had asked for a quiet room, so they put me at the end of a hallway. However, there was also a laundry room at the same end of the hallway, so I got to listen to a family and their screaming kid doing laundry. Normally I would have asked to change rooms, but I was dead tired and didn't feel like moving. The next day I moved to the Springhill Suites Tempe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for review. Our location is very convenient for our guests to get something to eat and shop. I do apologize that you were near the laundry and we hope next time you are back in Chandler you give us another try.
Benicia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for spring training. It was a bit far from the Giant's stadium (about a 30 min drive), but it is much closer to some of the other stadiums. The room was clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, desk and sitting area. The placement of the TV was a bit odd. It was on a swivel so it could be used in either the sitting area or the bed. While lying on my side of the bed it was a bit difficult to see the TV. Also the bed was hard, but that wasn't that big of a deal to me.

Breakfast was pretty much as expected- had hot food- varied a little day to day but always had eggs, muffins, juice, milk, make your own waffles and toast. Breakfast area was very crowded, hard to find a seat when we got there later in breakfast service but they were always quick to refill items that were running out. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your taking the time and giving our hotel a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to watch some spring training games while you were in the Chandler area. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We made the reservation during the snow bird season, which is not the best idea. Everyone else is in Arizona at the same time.

The motel had great staff. They were helpful and professional. The motel was very clean and well designed. The rooms were very roomy and comfortable with a refrigerator and a microwave. Everything worked as advertised.

The location of the motel is very convenient to the highway, shopping center across the road, and restaurants.

This was our first time staying here. We would probably stay here again if need be. We would try to avoid the snow bird season. We did enjoy the warm weather and it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Snowbird season is a very busy season for us since the weather is so nice. I will be sure to pass this along to our staff that you really enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back next time you are in Chandler, AZ.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

From the managers to the breakfast care takers this hotel staff went out of their way to make each and every guest feel taken care of. This hotel was very well maintained inside and out. We will be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Springhill Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center. We look forward to seeing you next time you are back in Chandler, AZ.
Gladstone, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very nice all around, although right next to a major and busy road, nights are quiet. Rooms are large and updated. Enjoyed the breakfast, well stocked with a large assortment of items.

Staff was great, and friendly. Even had one of the managers clear our plates from the breakfast table and chatted with us awhile.

Nice location, nice neighborhood, like others have said a large shopping center is right next door, gas stations are close, restaurants are close, easy in and easy out.

I'd stay here again for sure, the value was excellent, rooms clean.

On our last night a group of high school students were in town for a trip, and they were kind of loud. But when I was in high school I was the same way and they never affected our sleep. We were on vacation so a little laughter didn't bug us, but if you were in town on important business the 3rd floor might be your best bet (we were on floor two).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed breakfast and our friendly staff as well as the close proximity we are to the Chandler Fashion Mall. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time you are back in Chandler, AZ.

Been to SpringHill Suites Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center? Share your experiences!