“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Antwerp, Belgium
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

After a long-haul flight from Europe, spent our first night at Radisson Chandler. Nice, tidy, spacious rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Maybe not the best location when you need to go up North the day after (booked by travel agent!). Good stay, according to expectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you, very much for your comments about your stay, with us at Radisson Hotel Chandler. I’m glad that your stay was as expected, I’m sorry that you had to travel far the next day, I’m glad that you had a good stay and rested, stay after your long flight.

Helia Villafan Front Office Manager

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a great value and really pleased with staff. The minor issue is the hotel doesn't have a airport shuttle. But this New Yorker will offer an indispensable tip for those wanting to stay at this location traveling from airport. You take the light rail to tempe and take 72 bus to Chandler Mall and call desk to pick you up. The hotel shuttle only travels within a five mile radius. Walking to various restaurants in the vicinity allows you to see how much an upgrade this hotel is to the surrounding hotels. Stay 26-28 May 2013.

• Stayed May 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review and for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at Radisson Chandler Hotel, we are so glad to see that you enjoy your stay with us and that, our service staff was also as expected and you were please with us, Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, they are very good and I hope we have guest in the future that can take advantage of a great suggestion,

Thank you again for your time.

Helia Villafan Front Office Manager
Show Low, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I needed a break from the craziness of work, kids, and life in general without costing us a lot. I used priceline to see what I could get for a three star hotel. I ended up getting a fantastic deal. In fact we save so much money, I decided to extend our stay here for a total of three nights! The cost of our dinner alone was more than our nightly rate here, thanks to priceline. We've stayed here a couple of times before, so we knew what to expect. However, it seems this time they upgraded the hotel.

There are several things that stood out beside the fantastic price. Check in was a breeze, with very friendly staff. The hallways were clean an modern. Nice décor. Our room had the famous sleep number bed. I like beds that are very firm (almost hard) and with the sleep number I was able to adjust the level. The in-room desk was great for working on projects we brought with us.

The free water bottles were a great plus. The towels were generously large. The water flow in the shower was as good as you can expect given the showers that you'd find in any hotel of any caliber. Central air with no wall bound AC units also helped increase the asthetics and made it feel more "upscale" than other hotels with wall units.

Some intangibles that made this a five star experience were:
1. The weather was perfect during our stay.
2. We had reached a breaking point in our crazy lives, and by just letting everything go to enjoy this much needed break for less than half the cost of what I would normal would have expected to pay to get away, makes me very happy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Woow: Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Radisson Hotel Chandler, I’m so glad that you had such a good time, in getting off from a very busy life, and we at Radisson contribute to a much needed unwind time, I don’t even have words to describe how good we feel, about your comments, I have share your comments with our team and we all share your happiness, and are glad that we contribute to it, and because we met your expectations on your stay.

Sincerely
Helia Villafan Front Office Manager.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a winter escape from the long winter of 2013. Found this hotel on line. Stayed a week. Sharing that the service was excellent, front desk, lounge and dining staff very customer friendly and accomodating. Thank you Amber, Emilee and Katie. Great location for other Arizona travel with rapid access to other dining areas as well. Relaxing pool and just plain of fun in the sun. Thank you everyone for making our trip just more outstanding.

Doug Seiler
Minnesota

Room Tip: Talk with Amber at the front desk. I found the 3rd floor to be just fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Very warm thank you for your great review, I so happy and glad we were able to deliver a great experience at our Radisson hotel chandler specially when needing a warm environment, or like in your case escaping from a cold winter, also Thank you so very much for acknowledging the service received from our staff I have share your compliments with them and are very happy that you remember them by name. and you are always welcome to sunny and warm Chandler Radisson Hotel.

Sincerely: Helia Villafan front office manager
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room here for a stay-cation. We left abruptly due to very poor customer service from the bar tender. Our first encounter with her occurred when I ordered a drink for myself. No smile. Second encounter occurred as I walked up to the bar while asking my boyfriend over my shoulder what he wanted to drink. The bartender, without saying anything to me replied with a nasty attitude...I heard him. By now I'm wondering what we did wrong. The third time she spoke to me in a rude manner I asked what was the matter. She replied...Oh I don't need this. In the meantime my boyfriend walked out a door off from the bar and like myself, assumed it was a patio. There were no signs indicating that, as we found out, there was a pool. After she was done with me she went out the door and I heard her speak to someone harshly. Moments later my boyfriend walks back in and states that we are leaving. After all that had taken place prior...he'd had enough of the bad attitude and bad customer service.

I returned to the hotel within days to speak to the manager. He was apologetic and concerned but said he was surprised by the girl's attitude because she was one of best bartenders they had. I hate it when a customer has a complaint and it is invalidated by such statements! He offered a free night stay certificate to be mailed and stated it would be taken care of by the front desk person. The front desk person took my information and as of several months later I have not received the certificate nor has any follow up been made.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize again for the concerns expressed during your stay in November.

We did respond to you with our resolution immediately after you shared the situation with the senior manager you spoke to.

We have been trying to call you this week to make contact and to follow up, but to no avail. Please call the hotel and ask for me at your earliest convenience so we may discuss the resolution and confirm your address.

Helia Villafan
Front Desk Manager
West Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Currently on a two day stay at the Radisson Phoenix/Chandler and so far we are really pleased. Very friendly and efficient check-in. Our room is clean, comfortable and just as we would have wanted. The in room (free) wifi works perfectly. We have just dined in the restaurant - this has a limited menu but our choices were beautifully presented, very tasty and served with a smile. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words at Radisson hotel we love to make sure our guest gets the best of experience and a great customer service and I'm glad we accomplish both on your stay on behalf of the entire staff at Radisson Hotel Chandler we thank you for time and great comments.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager.
Fortaleza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet. The room service and front desk guys are perfect . My breakfast wasn't in hotel but the breakfast seems to be very good. Perfect location, it's a kind of place with a lot of hotels, close to the highway. I would be there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments about our Radisson Hotel chandler and its location I'm glad it was the perfect location for your needs, also thank you for acknowledging our staff and their service it be a pleasure to serve you again when your travelers needs brings you back to the beautiful Chandler Arizona.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager

Been to Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!