“It would have been 5 star, but for two bucks...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Denver, CO
“It would have been 5 star, but for two bucks...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice lobby, good size room, clean and even DH commented on the massive amount of counter space in the bathroom. So what was my beef? The coffee situation. First morning, I go to the lobby for coffee (I never use the in room coffee maker and if you read Trip Advisor, you won't either). No coffee in the lobby, so I ask at the restaurant and I am told cups cost a dollar. Really? Plus three cents for tax. I looked at the breakfast bar and they were charging $11 for what most places give you free. Silly! Why not raise the price of the room $5 and give away breakfast? In spite of the coffee fiasco, I would stay here again - the beds were fabulous and the staff was terrific. But whoever made the decision about the coffee needs to take a seat.

Room Tip: Bring a cup
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and acknowledging our nice lobby and room size. I appreciate your mentioning the terrific staff and will make sure they know how highly you think of our service.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with the “to go” coffee. I have addressed this situation with our team, and I assure you we are taking your suggestion in consideration

Helia Villafan - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Worst customer service ever! It began at checkin and continued thru our stay... Rooms we not cleaned due to being short staffed.. The front desk kept using the excuse that because I booked thru Expedia I wasn't guaranteed anything my confirmation stated...the pool and pool area were dirty... we checked in on a Saturday and checked out Tuesday.. we were to check back in later that same week, but cancelled due to the bad experience...FIRST AND LAST TIME STAYING HERE!

• Stayed March 2013
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your feelings about your stay at our property. I apologize that we did not live up to Radisson Hotels’ high standards. I understand your feelings and am concerned that we dropped the ball. Guest feedback is the best way for us to improve and if you are interested, I would like to speak to you further. You can reach me at the hotel at the number below.

With my sincere apology,

Helia Villafan - Front Office Manager, 480-961-4444
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent 5 nights at this property. The room and amenities (pool, fitness,) were ok; dining are and lounge a bit uninspiring. Not ideal for along stay. However, the best part was the very helpful staff, from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping. Note, you really need a vehicle to get anywhere around this part of Chandler/Phoenix. To get to a variety of local dining--go over the overpass (it's a 15-20 minute walk) as there's not much in the area right around the Radisson. One disappointment was they advertised a shuttle, so I specifically chose it for that reason as I needed to get back/forth to a location in Chandler on 3 days. Booked it with front desk the evening I checked in; the next morning the front desk manager over ruled my booking saying it had been pre-booked but apparently not recorded in their book. Pretty annoying and caused unexpected $15x2 cab rides that day.

Room Tip: West side faces the Hwy #10 off ramp; for some the traffic noise may be bothersome. Other sides prob...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Helia V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments about your stay with us, thank you also for acknowledging our staff from front desk to housekeeping is always a pleasure to see that our guest acknowledge our team work, I'm sorry about our shuttle schedule we try our best to accommodate all of our guest about their needs of transportation and I can assure you that this was a random mistake of overbooking again I apologize for this and we work diligently to make sure this things don't occur again.

Sincerely Helia Villafan Front office manager
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is outdated and has little problems but over all I really enjoyed my stay. My sleep number is 100 on their Sleep Number beds. Nice pool. Nice computer area. Breakfast is an extra charge that most hotels give free. Nothing fancy. The staff will bend over backwards to make your stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Lots of handicap parking BUT only one handicap ramp by the front door. Don't use the handicap pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about the service provided by our staff is a pleasure to see that our guest enjoy their stay and accommodations at our Radisson Hotel, I have share your comments about the rooms and breakfast with our team and I can assure you we all take our guests concerns and suggestion in consideration

Sincerely Helia Villafan front office manager
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the accomodations. The service was good and the rooms were quiet and comfortable. One interesting point, apparently Radisson's now have SleepNumber beds in their rooms. Seems like a great idea, but since I have no idea what my SleepNumber or how to find it, it was more of a nuisance than anything. Spent the first few nights trying to figure it out and woke up with sore neck and back each time. One of those things that looks great on a brochure but doesn't really work in practice.

Otherwise, a great hotel for the price if you need to stay in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

After 1 1/2 weeks at this hotel, I continued to be impressed with the friendliness and responsiveness of the staff, the excellent attention to details, and the great overall experience there. While the building is showing a little need of updating, the staff more than compensates for that. Also, it is a very convenient location to highways, restaurants, and stores. A great value!

Room Tip: Rooms are either facing the exterior of the building, or the open courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

So, I have a bit of a hotel addiction. Usually I prefer 4 star or above, but I was feeling adventurous. I booked a super rate on Priceline, pretty much expecting it to be this property. The location was irrelevant to my needs, though it is close to Wild Horse Pass and a lot of good restaurants and bars. The room is a little outdated, maybe if they weren't giving away rooms for the price of meal at Bucca di Beppo they'd be able to put in some modern flat panels instead if box tubes from the late 90's. eh. The set up was pretty cool. Huge desk, workspace area. Huge. A road warriors dream in fact. Comfy desk chair. But at the end of the day, what can make or break a hotel stay, the bed!!! First time I've ever encountered a sleep number bed in a hotel. I have to admit, maybe not the best move because it does require some playing around with, but I had time. My sleep number was 65. Lol. The next morning I asked for an extra hour for check out and it was granted without issue. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!