“Nice and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Simi Valley, CA
“Nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here only for one night for our road trip. It being a Radisson, we didn't have much to be concern about and it was a good experience. The front desk lady was friendly and very accommodating. We needed a late check out and she gave it to us right away. We got a room on the ground floor. Room was clean, nicely made and ample size. Bathroom also a nice size. Location is great. It's next to the freeway and has plenty of restaurants and businesses around. We found a pizza place called Spinato's Pizzeria just the other side of the freeway. Really yummy. Overall a nice experience and will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for such a positive review! The entire staff and management team at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix Chandler are committed to guest satisfaction and we go the extra mile to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated, and it is wonderful to have our efforts noticed.
Thank you for taking the time to submit the review and to say such positive things...we welcome you back to the hotel anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are nice. I would have liked a flat screen.
The beds have a feature which it inflates or deflates according to your comfort. Personally just a comfortable bed will do.
We were there for a soccer tournament and the service was awesome. They catered to our clubs every need. That helped make it a vary enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed October 2012
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you in the near future!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the Chandler Radisson for four nights on business travel. The check-in was quick. The front desk staff was pleasant and receptive. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was quiet; I did not hear any voices or the television from the adjacent rooms. The bathroom had a bath tub with a shower and the water was very hot. The hot breakfast buffet was very good.
The bathroom counter top and sink need updating. To my surprise the television was the old tube type. It was rather difficult to physically switch the big heavy tube television’s view from the bed angle to the sofa angle. The fabric sofa needed cleaning. A coffee table next to the sofa would have been an added convenience. The room is not equipped with a refrigerator. A small refrigerator is optional for a $10 nightly fee.
The hotel is located conveniently at the I-10\Chandler Blvd intersection. Chandler Blvd has plenty of stores and places to dine. The Fashion Center mall is only 7-8 miles north on Chandler Blvd. The Arizona Mills outlet mall is about 4 miles west on I-10.
I plan on staying at this hotel on my next business trip to Chandler Arizona.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello and Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience on your next visit with us.
Gila River, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here Labor Day Weekend 2012, originally booked a Jr. Suite but upgraded to Executive Suite and was so happy I did! Great room with plenty of space at a great price. The salt water pool is easy on the skin, a bit warm for the summer but all in all it was a great relaxer for a day of shopping! We stay here often but this is the first time we stayed in the suite, don't think I'll go back to the smaller rooms...great front desk staff, Kim's always so friendly!

• Stayed September 2012
wisconsin Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was staying here for a few days prior to a sales meeting and decided to stay at the Radisson because of their reputation and I got a great rate. The king room was very clean with sleep number bed and lots of room. The view overlooked the pool and faced south which required the light curtains be closed in the afternoon. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet looked very tasty but I did not partake as I was interested in hitting some of my old breakfast haunts. I was a little disappointed that the bar was not open on friday or saturday but was able to find a few substitutes close by so it was not a problem. I was a little disappointed as well that they did not have a yellow pages in the rooms so hunting for restaurants or shopping had to be done online which I do not always enjoy. There is a Circle K at the end of the block which did have one so they lent me theirs. In addition, a Whataburger is within a few steps and open 24 hours so that was a good thing as well. Numerous restaurants across the street and close by as well so if you want to stay close you will not have any problem finding places to eat. I realized at the end of my stay that a refrigerator was available so missed out on that as I would have liked to have some cold water on hand.

All in all, a very comfy and pleasurable stay and do recommend this hotel as it is close to I-10 and minutes to almost everywhere including a great Ikea store.

Room Tip: Ask about a refrigerator especially if you are visiting in the summer....whew it was hot, hot, hot w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear you able to enjoy all the attractions nearby our hotel. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Chandler area for business or pleasure!
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked a room on Hotwire and got the Radisson Hotel Chandler. It was a great value at the Hotwire price. If we would have had to pay the going rate at the hotel website, then it might not have been worth it. The room was clean and large with a King Sleep Number bed. No breakfast included, but there's a Cracker Barrel just up the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!!!
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently stayed here before catching an early morning flight (out of Mesa). I only chose to stay so far from the airport because I have come to expect a great hotel room from the Carlson brands. I am currently a gold elite member, and have stayed at quite a few Carlson hotels recently. I was very disappointed with this hotel though.

The greeting at the front desk was far from nice. I should also mention I had to wait at an empty desk for a few minutes before someone actually showed up to check me in. I wasn't even recognized as a member of Club Carlson. Not a huge deal, but it would have been a nice touch. Granted it was getting late, around 9-10pm, but I expected more. The elevator was extremely hot, definitely not inviting after coming out of the Arizona heat. My room had a strange smell to it, possibly smoke. The bathroom was dirty, and it didn't look like the sink was cleaned from the night before. I would have normally asked for a new room based on the smell alone, but I was very tired, and didn't want to spend the few hours I had moving around the hotel when all I wanted was to sleep. The sleep number beds are obnoxiously loud. The only reason this hotel doesn't get 1 star is because I got a pretty good deal on the room.

I definitely will not be staying at this hotel again, and will be somewhat weary of other Raadisson hotels in the future. If you're looking for a hotel in the area, do yourself a favor and just stay at the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites next door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hello Alex, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and have addressed all of the concerns with our team to ensure these types of concerns do not occur again. We do value your membership as a Club Carlson member and would like the opportunity to make this experience right. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss with you in further detail.

Sisi Ramos
Front Office Manager
Radisson Hotel Phoenix/Chandler

Been to Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!