“Quick but nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
In the mountains
“Quick but nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My daughters and I stayed one night here in feb. to visit our family that lives in the area. We loved our room, it was a suite and was perfect for the 3 of us. Very clean, with a very comfy bed & pillows and they also give you more items then the regular hotel as far as bathroom items which I appreciate. And we also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Kids eat free with paying adult for breakfast which was another bonus! The staff were all friendly. Will most likely stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CHAZ7475, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to fill out these great comments. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with you and your family. Our amenities including the pool/hot tub and restaurant/lounge are great for a leisure stay with or without your family. We hope to see you back when you return to the Phoenix Chandler area.

Ted Trembath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I travel on business more than 60 nights a year, so I understand that not all rooms are going to be perfect. However, this was downright repulsive. I would never stay here again just based on the fact of cleanliness.

My reservation was for January 27th. I checked into the hotel at 3:45am because of a much delayed flight. Since I was traveling with my older mom and it was late at night, I had her stay in the car while I took some of our bags to the room. When I went into the room to drop off the bags, I found that our bathroom had used soap in the soap dish with the soap paper laying on the counter and a used towel. At this point I went down to the front desk and asked for a new room. Jeremyah was very accommodating and gave me a new room. I took our bags to the new room which looked fairly clean. I went to get my mom and the rest of our bags from the car so we could get settled for bed. By this time it is about 4:15. We unpacked and got ready for bed after a very long day.

My mom laid down on the bed because she was so tired from the long day. Finally, with everything unpacked I was ready to go to bed. I started to get into bed when I noticed hair on my pillows---public hair. Ok, I know a stray hair can be found occasionally, but I usually don't find this type or this many. I called the front desk to get new pillow cases and Jeremyah asked me if I wanted a new room. I told him "thank you but we are exhausted, unpacked and it is almost 5am in the morning". He told me he would send some pillowcases. I returned to check the rest of the bed only to find the sheets full of pubic hair. I called the front desk again to ask for bed sheets, too. A few minutes later the night engineer came to our room with the pillow cases and sheets. He helped us change the sheets and as we did so we noticed the duvet was also full of hair. He said he would take that as well and left us with the insert of the duvet. The night engineer was very disgusted and as he left said that he could offer us a free breakfast for our trouble. That was thoughtful however, it was now about 5:30am and I just wanted to get a few hours of sleep and get out of the hotel.

My mom was very upset with the fact that she was lying in a bed full of pubic hair and I must say this was the most repulsive thing I have ever run into in my hotel stays. By the looks of this bed I don't think these sheets have been changed in quite a while. EWW and YUCK! Enough said I think you get the picture.

A few hours later we got up, took a quick shower, packed up and left the hotel. After I had my mom in the car I went back to the front desk to talk to them about the night we had experienced. I asked to talk with a manager but one was not available. I ended up talking with the sales manager. First I wanted to tell him how helpful Jeremyah was and that I truly appreciated his help. Next, I didn't want to embarrass him as there were guests at the front desk, so I just waited until the guests were gone and told him of the hair issue to let them know they have a housekeeping problem. His face made such a funny disgusted look that I had to giggle. He promptly asked the for the front desk manager and he began to tell her about what happened. She stopped him in mid-sentence and said she already knew about it and had already started the process of trying to reverse the charges from Priceline. (By the way this was the first time I ever used Priceline and it will be the last). She said it may take a couple of days to get the charges reversed and there may be a possiblily Priceline may not do it. I thought that she was being very proactive and thanked her. She said please contact her if it does not go through.

Well almost a month has passed and I have yet to see a reverse charge. I called the hotel, left a message for the property manager and have not received a call back yet. Right now I would never stay at this property. All I can say is "EWWW".

FYI: Priceline asked me for a review shortly after my stay which I did. However, interestingly it has not appeared in the comments section while others after my date have been posted. Hmmm.

Room Tip: Check out the bed and room before you unpack.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I want to express my deepest and sincerest apologies for this incident and I do understand your dissatisfaction with the nature of this event. Something like this is not up to high standard. I would appreciate if you would return a call to our hotel as I have spoken with Priceline and completed the rebate as discussed. Priceline will also contact you to validate the rebate submitted. I do apologize for the delay in this matter. I am pleased to hear our agent Jeremiah and Engineering staff were empathetic and able to assist in any way possible in a timely manner. I hope you except our apologies and we will ensure this will not be a future issue. We do value your relationship with us and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night in late January 2012. The staff was helpful, good recommendation for Mexican food. The pool/hot tub offered a nice break at the end of the day. Rooms were clean, up to date, and well priced. You can tell that they updated an older hotel, but they’ve done a fine job. The location is great for easy access to the freeway system.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
On behalf of the staff here at Radisson Chandler we want to extend our greatest sentiments for your kind words. I am glad to hear our location has been benefical to your travel needs and that our hotel/staff have met your expectations. If there is anything we can do to enhance your next stay please let us know. It is our pleasure to have you at Radisson Chandler.

Sisi Ramos
Front Office Manager
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

When in town and when I have a choice, I stay at the Radisson Phoenix-Chandler and have now done so three consecutive December vacations. In 2011, it was from Dec. 17-31. The location is perfect, just off I-10 on West Chandler Blvd. and in a safe, upscale area of town. I-10 will take you right into Phoenix or, if you want to go the other way, you are already at the south end and it’s less than two hours to Tucson. I felt completely safe walking up and down Chandler by myself at night. Two major shopping centers are within six miles. To the east is Chandler Fashion Mall and plenty of restaurants (jump on the 101 highway and it takes you into Scottsdale and surrounding communities) and to the north is Arizona Mills Mall. In-between, and up and down Chandler Blvd and nearby Ray Road (a mile or so north), are more restaurants and services (banks, car rental agencies) than you could possibly visit in a two-week stay. Whether it’s Brazilian, Mexican, Chinese, or a variety of others – including a Denny’s across the street – it is all nearby. There is also a convenience store/gas station about 100 yards away from the hotel and a Barnes & Noble and several other big box stores within walking distance on Ray Road. A liquor outlet and Dick’s Sporting Goods are three miles north of the hotel.

The hotel itself and staff are excellent as is the on-site restaurant/bar. The lobby and reception area are warm and inviting and the staff is even warmer. They always greet you with a smile no matter what time you check-in or even as you come and go during your daily activities. It was 2 a.m. when I got there this last time yet the gentleman at the desk was great. The hotel is four floors and wraps around a pool, whirlpool and deck with plenty of chairs. The rooms are spacious with sleep number beds and always spotlessl. I’ve never had any issues such as something wrong with the room, maid service not showing up, or anything like that, so I can’t comment on how the staff would react to the challenge, but, given their penchant for first-class service and respect for their guests, I have every confidence they would take care of it. When planning each Phoenix vacation, I don’t bother wondering where I will stay. It will be at the Radisson Phoenix-Chandler.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
I want to begin by first Thanking you for your awesome compliments to our staff and hotel. It is guest like you who we strive to gain, your apart of our family here and we strive to treat all of our guests with above and beyond service no matter the day or time you arrive. I am delighted to hear you enjoy our facilities and the location is comfortable and safe surroundings for your pleasure. I look forward to your visit with us again next year. Please stop by the desk and allow me to introduce myself upon your arrival.

Best Regards,
Sisi Ramos
Radisson Chandler Front Office Manger
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here doing a mattress run for Club Carlson promotion points near the end of December 2011.

The Hotel is located right next to the Freeway but I could not hear any traffic after checking into my room. The nice young lady at the front desk asked me what floor I preferred. I told her I did not mind any floor she chose for me. I got the second floor.

The room I got had a King bed that was very comfortable. The 42 inch LCD TV was perched at a nice angle facing the bed for easy viewing. And the large desk with lamp has handy sockets for laptops and phones.

I found Subway nearby. There are plenty of eat options of all variety-- sit down or take out. Looks like even more places are under construction. And the hotel has a full service restaurant/bar with room service.

The pool looked nice but I did not use it. It was blue and sparkling and big!

I had a nice sleep after making myself some hot coffee using the free maker in the room.
But early next morning, before 9 AM, a loud scraping noise started up outside my door! It would not stop so I opened my door. Maintenance was scraping a doorway across from my room. The employee stopped and stared at me but said nothing. I closed my door and went by back to bed. Sure enough-- the scraping started up again.

I called front desk and they stopped it immediately.
Upon check out, the front desk employee apologized for the noise and bade me farewell.
Why would anybody scrape a door with tools before 9 AM on Sunday morning? In a Hotel no less?

Otherwise, good hotel and helpful staff. Nice property with manicured greens around the hotel. Parking is plentiful and free. I look forward to staying here some time again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North are near the only Elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
I would like to Thank you for such a helpful response in regards to our hotel, its location, and our staff. We appreicate you choosing our hotel to gain your points. We are pleased to hear for the majority of your stay we were able to meet your expectations. However, I do strongly apologize for the noise of construction. There is no appropriate excuse for this disturbance. I hope you will return and stay with us again as well as allow us to make this mishap right.

Sicerely,
Sis Ramos
Front Desk Manager
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel meets my requirements for a great place to stay by being reasonably-priced, clean, relatively quiet, and having a comfortable bed. I made my reservation using Priceline, a fact which was noted by the clerk who checked me in, and who also told me that I had to authorize a 50.00 dollar credit card deposit to cover any expenses. (This pending charge was not cleared from my credit card account when I checked out, but it did finally disappear about a week later.) I requested a room on the top floor not facing the interstate when I checked in, and did find my room on the top floor -- but facing the interstate. I managed to get it changed, but not to a room facing the courtyard even though the hotel did not appear to be very full. The bed was a "Sleep Number" bed, and since it was the first time I had used one it was fun to find my "sleep number." The staff was friendly and helpful. All-in-all, a good value even at non-Priceline prices, and a hotel that I will return to when I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
SisiRChandlerAZ, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and patronage! Please note the charge and release for the hold for incidentials is controlled by the individual bank our guests bank with, not the hotels.The majority of the banks clear these holds within 72 hours. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case for you. We know you have choices when it comes to your hospitality experience and we are happy to hear that you received a warm and friendly experience with the Radisson! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stay here several times a year on business, most recently this month. The staff here is very welcoming and accommodating, especially the front desk and restaurant and bar staff (the food in the restaurant is quite good). Many rates include the breakfast buffet, which is good, but often the dining room can be busy as a result. The rooms are clean and quiet, many with SleepNumber beds. Linens are clean, pillows plentiful and comfy. As others have noted, however, you will notice a few things that are gettng on in years, like the television and bathroom decor, but both are very functional. There are two elevators, both at the back of the building, and one in particular seems to be fairly tempermental and is occasionally out of service. The location is great, easy access to the highway and about 10 minutes to the airport. A great value overall. The hotel has many 'regulars' and repeat customers, so that says alot!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response and we appreciate your continued patronage. We work hard to exceed our guest expectations and were very happy to hear that we delivered friendly welcoming service! We look forward to seeing you soon.