“Great beer and great food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SanTan Brewing Co.

SanTan Brewing Co.
8 S. San Marcos Pl, Chandler, AZ 85225
(480) 917-8700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
SanTan Brewing Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 537 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chandler & Arizona
Description: In 2007, the historic Valley National Bank, in Downtown Chandler was transformed into a destination for Craft Beer and food lovers alike with the opening of SanTan Brewing Company. Our goal at the brewpub is to provide a neighborhood spot where family, friends, and colleagues can gather and enjoy a cold pint of freshly brewed beer using only the finest malts, hops, and barley! In addition to our core beers on draught year round, Brewmaster Anthony Canecchia keeps things exciting for SanTan fans by releasing specialty seasonal beers, small batch specialty beers, a weekly Cask Conditioned Ale as well as guest beers from brewers both local and around the nation. Like the Brewmaster says "Craft Beer for Beer Drinking".
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great beer and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I can't believe this was our first time here.....I thought it was further from home, so we were pleased to know it isn't....AND downtown Chandler is very cute! We went when the Cardinals were about to play their first pre-season game, not knowing how crazy it would be, so we had a Plan B in case. It was perfect....we arrived an hour before the game and it wasn't too bad, crowd-wise. As the game started, however, it got very crowded and noisy. What a perfect situation to assess a restaurant's ability to keep up its standards. So...the beer.....excellent options! I am a huge IPA fan, so is my husband, so he tried several choices and I loved the first one I got (HopShock) so I stuck with it...a tad citrusy, hoppy, with barley, and wheat, fabulous! He had several...he likes dark stouts as well, so he was in heaven with all the choices. We were happy campers, as were the couple with us.

So....the food....pretty darned amazing! Even with the crowd, plates came out perfectly, and even french fries were perfect. At the table we had a stuffed mushroom burger (excellent), grilled cheese with bacon (yummy), French Dip (YUM) and mac and cheese with brisket, etc....great but I am not into that artery-clogging stuff. The grilled cheese was killer enough. So...we will go back for sure.....great wait staff, they all seem to work together so your food and drinks come out quickly, great scene, can't wait for cooler weather to sit outside.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“This is my favorite place to take guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Being a transplant here from Colorado I naturally want a good microbrew. This place does not disappoint!

SanTan offers some pretty great beer with a good variety of style selection. Big fan of their Mr. Pineapple and their Nitro. (Plus they also have Breckinridge Bourbon on hand, ok call me a Colorado homer)

Their food is great. They have a little bit of something for everyone! Never had a complaint from anything I've tried. Their pizzas are quite tasty!

Monterrey
“worthy payin a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

i was impressed by their beer, the place was packed on a reg tuesday night. really worthy, great location too... selection of drinks was good too

Chandler, Arizona
“Micro-brewery in downtown Chandler...on the square!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you love micro-brews, and non-fast food options (definitely NOT your typical bar food), you'll love SanTan Brewing Co. On the square in downtown Chandler, they offer a great selection of seasonal and staple micro-brews - including "samplers". Outdoor seating available - plenty of indoor seating, too. Good place to watch a game - several large flatscreens positioned around the interior. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Lively Hangout Spot - Good Food & Beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Downtown Chandler has quite a few trendy food spots; SanTan Brewing Company is one of them. The outside is bare brick and has lots of huge windows to let natural light in. There are two big areas for outdoor seating with cooling misters as well. We were greeted nicely upon entry and taken to our table right away. We were there in the middle of the afternoon on the Saturday of the 4th of July weekend and it was PACKED. All of the seating is high top tables and there are numerous TVs all around the walls. At the very back is a separate room with a bunch of beer vats.

Our waitress came right away and I had some questions about the menu since it was our first time at SanTan. She was new and didn't know the menu well; she was quick to go ask and come right back with the answers though. We ordered a goblet of Hibiscus Pale Ale, Chip & Dip Trio appetizer, Deluxe Grilled Cheese and Southwest Chicken Sandwich for lunch.

The Hibiscus Pale Ale was a beautiful red-orange color and smelled great. The flavor was very fruity. The Chip & Dip Trio came with homemade chips (delicious & a must!) and dips of brewery cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo. The brewery cheese looked like canned cheese at first, but it was my favorite of the 3. It had great flavor but could use a little more heat in it. The guacamole and pico were both fresh made and tasty. We ran out of chips before the dips- unfortunately there are no free refills on the chips. You can buy extra chips alone though. My Southwest grilled chicken sandwich was good; nice char on the chicken but maybe a touch over-cooked. The green chili and veggie toppings were great. My wife's Deluxe Grilled Cheese is described as having 'beer bread' which is like thick pita bread. I think she was expecting a thick, toasted 'regular' bread. She didn't say anything, but I'm sure SanTan would have brought her something else if she didn't like it. There was a lot of cheese on it and the veggies were fresh.

My biggest disappointment was as we were leaving through the front doors, the restaurant was not that busy anymore, there were several hostesses standing around chatting and the manager leaning against the wall by the door and NO ONE said "thanks" or "come again" or even acknowledged us. Wow.

• Visited July 2014