“Great Steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Located at the Wild Horse Pass casino
Vancouver
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I chose to eat here (twice) while on a solo business trip. The services very good and the quality of state is excellent. The portions are huge and I found myself unable to finish either meal. This is a great place for entertaining business clients.

Visited October 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Ginny Alejandro and Skyler were the best! Has prime rib with the crabmeat Mac and cheese was not disappointed . French onion soup was also good. Expensive but worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Wayyyy OVER PRICED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went to the Wildhorse Casino in Chadler Arizona to see a concert. Went into Shulas at 6:30 and told the server that we had to be done before 8:00pm. Well of course we received out steaks at 7:50. Our steaks were not cooked to correct temp and had no time to wait for new steak but the bad part was, I was way over cooked. I asked for Medium rare and it was dry and well done. Not good when the steak cost 46.00 alone! Service was good and wine was good but I will never spend that kind of money on a piece of leather!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“One of only two restaurants in Phoenix I trust”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Let me start out by saying that I'm lucky enough to be able to eat at Shulas almost every week, most of the reviews you will read on here start out with "I went for my birthday" or "we went for a special occasion" - so these are strictly one timers, and to gain a good perspective on a restaurant you need to go several times, or for me about 50 times so far. Obviously I like the place a lot, and while it isn't up to the standards of somewhere like Andres in Las Vegas, it still has a lot to offer. So let me offer a few tips. Firstly, always get a booth, they are private and spacious, the tables on the other hand are cramped, the 2 seat tables almost ridiculously so. Now the food. Appetizers - never get the mozzarella salad, it's absolutely revolting, the lettuce wedge is good, and the single jumbo lump crabcake is amazing (they do an entree with 2 if you want more). Now entrees - the steaks are good, not amazing - just good, I prefer the filets and the Steak Mary Ann (2 small filets with a peppercorn sauce), their prime rib is also pretty good, I have not tried any of the huge slabs they offer, 48oz is just too much. As for sides their mushrooms are excellent, but the absolute best (and their signature side) is the crab mac and cheese. Now I don't like mac and cheese, it's kid's food right, but this is so very different, thin little pasta swirls with a home made cheese gratin bake and topped with lumps of white crab meat - it's truly delicious.

So try it, combine it with some gambling, then hit Aria nightclub, and get a room in the hotel. it's a good night out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix
“"Just average"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My expectations were high when I ate at Shula's for the first time recently. Our meal ran 200.00 for two appetizers, two entrees, one desert and 4 drinks. I thought it was too much money for the food we had. My appetizer was a crab cake, and it was probably the only item that was great. My wife had some wierd salad for her appetizer, and she liked it. My entree was a 12 oz fillet. It was prepared medium well so it had to be cooked for a while. The outside came out dry and a bit tough. I was not offered the option to butterfly it, although they just forgot to mention it to me...My wife had an 8 oz fillet with some crab sauce type topping. Her 8 oz steak cost as much as my 12 oz steak because of the sauce, but there was far to little sauce to justify the higher price. The sides (all a la carte) simply were just average. I had lobster mashed potato's that did not have much flavor. Grilled onions that were ok. And sauteed mushrooms that I felt were cut to thin and did not have much flavor. They were quite generous on the side portion sizes, which redeemed the average flavor. The chocolate cake we had for desert was once again, average.
I loved the ambiance, but the servers were just average on this night. They were to slow to respond to our requests. I cut them some slack on the slow service because the restaurant was full, and they were busy....I love Don Shula and hope his chain of restaurants will continue to prosper, but to me they were just average.

• Visited September 2012