“Twice in One Week Says it All” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Twice in One Week Says it All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We dined with friends one night and had occasion to come back two days later for an early dinner - These opportunities allowed among us to try several different appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. We all agreed that in our AZ dining experiences over the years, this is one of the very finest meals we have had. If one is looking for bargains which include delicious preparations and smaller plates, try selections from their "Happy Hour" and "Sunset" Menus. Cork has every right to be proud of their "farm to table" philosophy, their support of local farmers and suppliers, and chef's interest in sustainability of product. As one member of our party enthused, "It's a good thing that Cork is a 45 minute drive from North Scottsdale, or we'd be tempted to be here every night!"

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arizona
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I tend to forget about this place as it's tucked away in a strip mall.
Our Friday night dinner was wonderful. Yes, the portions are small for the prices that are charged. We did not leave feeling bloated but pleasantly satisfied.
Boyfriend has some fish I've never heard of---thought it was great.
I had the short ribs. You know how a dog will roll on something they like? Well, it was all I could do to keep from rolling on this tender and succulent morsel of meat. I've been ruined for all times when it comes to short ribs.
We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine, good service and quiet but lovely atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious food and a superb wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I might not be the best person to write this review as I don't drink and the wine list is at least half of the reason to visit Cork. That said, everyone who had the wine enjoyed it and the person who selected the wine was very impressed with the selection and the way it was stored and served. It did look superb.

I tasted the food and it was delicious. Some of the reviews have indicated that the servings were too small. I disagree. I think the servings were about the right size. The chef was inventive and produced some delicious food and was not stumped when one diner requested a dessert be made from items around the bar.

The prices for the food and the wine were high but they were met by a beautiful, quiet restaurant with superb food, wine and service.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix
“An All Time Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Cork is just down the street from where we live so that makes it convenient. What makes it memorable and makes use return time after time is the absolutely fantastic food and staggering wind selection. The fois gras is a standard favorite but so is the fact that we can get items there that you won't find anywhere else and everything is delicious. From antelope to bison, wild boar to sable fish...the Cork is an experience you should have at least once in your life. If you do you will absolutely be back!

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I brought my wife here for the very first time for our 8th Anniversary. They sat us at a very romantic table and the inside of the restaurant is beautiful with a very pleasing vibe and excellent décor. I had briefly mentioned it was our anniversary when I had made the reservation but was not expecting them to treat us so special. They brought our menus and at the top it said, "Happy 8th Anniversary Ian and Erika" and we knew this experience was going to be worth every penny. The food was amazing. Not just the quality and correct preparation, but the presentation and the way they combined flavors, aromas and textures was outstanding. You could tell this is an innovative, thoughtful and passionate establishment. When you see these kind of qualities, you know you are not just having a meal but an experience.

Visited March 2013