“went to try the early bird” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 509 restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Phoenix, Arizona
“went to try the early bird”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

As I had a birthday they printed a greeting on the menu - wow !

The 3 courses for $30 includes a glass of wine so is value for money that way
Soup: butternut squash: was done extremely well
Brioche: the little bread was very acceptable
Steak: we both thought it went well on a base of mushroom risotto
Dessert: decided to share the 2:
crème brulee: not too "eggy" and very smooth
3 sorbets: the flavor was a little too subtle and needed more fruity flavor

I think it is value for money, considering the other prices on the full menu

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Chandler, Arizona
“Lousy food, lousy service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went with my wife last night to Cork and I ordered the bison filet, it was their $40 special. One of the four filets was filled with so much fat that I couldn't eat it. It was impossible to trim the fat away because it was almost nothing but fat with a small sliver of meat. The manager came over and I showed him that the filet was inedible. He said that meat sometimes is like that. He told me that's what can happen when ordering any kind of meat. I asked him if he would eat it if it were on his dish. He said, "No." I shrugged my shoulders and said that's a shame that one quarter of my meal (one of the four filets) was impossible to eat.

I was under the impression Cork was fine dining. I've been treated better at Appleby's. No adjustment to the bill, no complimentary dessert, no offer to make it right. NOTHING, but my $130 bill.

I began to think that the man who I spoke with was not a manager. He could not have been. I went to the bar and asked to speak to a manager and another man introduced himself as the manager. I explained my situation and he was apologetic and seemed unsure how to handle it. He told me that he was only the bar manager and not the restaurant manager and that since I had already paid the bill there was nothing he could do except offer me a free drink next time. He shook my hand.

Next time? Was he for real? I'm not a glutton for punishment and I know enough about fine dining to realize this place has problems.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Our second visit here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Was enjoyable. The food was very good but not as good as our first visit several years ago. Some dishes, the scallop appetizer & the pork belly appetizer were excellent. Our biggest complaint was that there was almost 30 minutes between courses until we finally commented on that fact. We had waited almost 45 minutes for our appetizers. Although they feature small plates, the dishes are not prepared to make it easy to share. Entrees here may be smaller than normal but not what I would call "a small plate." Dinner gets pricey especially with wine and/or cocktails... In the$100 per person range...I would expect more

Visited August 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“Eclectic Menu-Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant is located near our home and we had never tried since it had opened. I was a little apprehensive since the menu is a little different and I'm a somewhat picky eater. This restaurant did not disappoint!! The food, service and atmosphere were incredible. Well worth the money! The wait staff make your dining experience extra special. We made a reservation for our anniversary and they provided personalized printed menus just for us. Great touch!! I would recommend leaving yourself extra time to savor the experience.

Visited March 2013
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, United States
“Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We discovered Cork when we were looking for a special place to celebrate his birthday. We felt like the staff were so pleased to see us and made us feel very welcome. The food was great and we have been back several times. It is one of our go-to places when we are in AZ. Definitely worth the price.

• Visited November 2012