“Great place to feel like you got away..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Wild Nights Package!
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Camarillo, California
“Great place to feel like you got away..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a nice hotel overall with lush grounds beautiful pools, a few good restaurants and decent sized rooms. The one compliant I had was it over 110 degrees and the AC was not on when I got to the room. I was able to get to come on after a while but it took maintenance hours before they got to me. They were very nice and apologized profusely which was ok because I was able to fix it myself. Otherwise everything went smoothly and the overall staff is warm and friendly.

Room Tip: It is in what looks like the middle of no where but it's really close to town. My GPS thought I...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I checked in early on Friday afternoon at 1pm and they had no problem allowing me to nor did they charge me anything extra to do so. I merely wanted to take a break from gambling slip into my bikini and lay by the sparkling pool for a little bit and relax in the sun. Which is exactly what I did. It's a casino so thank god no little kids were around and it was nice and quiet and relaxing and peaceful. I didn't have to hear anyone whining or yelling at their kids, it was all adults having fun, having wine, eating appetizers and being treated like royalty. The service was impeccable. The rooms very impeccable. The steak house was priced right for the exceptional service along with the fabulous food served. I stayed until Sunday , I asked for a late check out as to have one last full day of spa treatment and much needed stress relief and they were very happy to accommodate me in every way possible at no additional charge. Also I was able to see a live performance Saturday night as well. Also they have a dance club on the 2nd floor across from the steak house which is also a lot of fun. So much to do, all under one roof. If I had my son and dog I would have no reason to leave. Definitely want to go again and again. I am sure we find our new home I will feel the same way. I felt at home at wild horses pass Can't give them a better compliment

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed Friday and Saturday nights for a Saturday night concert. A cattle convention was staying at the hotel so very crowded with KIDS? I go to casinos to get away from children :) The hotel is nice and very clean has all the necessary items to make your stay comfortable. The concert was great overall a fun weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I made a room reservation for Sunday and Monday nights. When I returned to my room Monday night there was a note stuck in my door offering me an additional night. I called the front desk and accepted the offer, which meant I would also stay Tuesday night and check out Wednesday. I was awakened at 8:30am Tuesday morning by housekeeping banging on the door. I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and even though I wasn't checking out that day, check out is supposedly
at 12pm. I answered the door and housekeeping was standing there waiting to come in. I pointed out to them that check out is suppose to be at 12pm, I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and that I was given an additional night stay. They mumbled something about a computer printout.
I called the front desk and told the woman that answered what had just happened. She said she would tell their supervisor to tell them the correct procedure. When I went to the front desk to get rekeyed for the additional night, I told the clerk what had happened. Turns out it was the same woman I'd spoken with earlier. She tells me that she did contact their supervisor, but that they do
knock on the room door on the day someone is supposed to checkout, but not at 8:30am, instead between 9 and 10 am. I said but checkout is at 12pm. She said that that is their policy and that they have 242 rooms and that there is no way they would have time to clean them all for people to check in early if they didn't knock on the doors between 9 and 10am. I said to her that while I appreciate being able to check in early, I understand that check in is at 4pm, and I'm sure that other guests do too. I asked what if I had been gambling until 5 or 6 am? She shrugged and said that that is their policy and looked down at the counter busying herself with something to let me know she was done talking to me. So if you are planning to sleep until 11 am before checking out, forget about it.

Also, the only friendly people in the entire casino and hotel is the food court manager and the security at the main casino entrance. The security at the casino main entrance welcomes you when you arrive, and acknowledges you when you leave. The food court manager acknowledges you when you enter the food court. The rest of the people don't greet or acknowledge you and won't even respond when you speak to them first. And the casino floor attendants are slow to respond when you press the Service button on the slot machines. I once waited over 15 minutes and the attendant never came. A security guard watched my machine while I went to the restroom. On another occasion, it was over 10 minutes before an attendant headed my way, slowly walking along like she was on a leisurely stroll. I guess they don't realize that the longer a guest waits, the less time they are playing.

I gave them a 3 because the room was nice and clean, and I get offers from them. But I'm not comfortable giving them more than that because their attitude toward their guests and their customer service is terrible.

Room Tip: Cell phone and WiFi reception is weak in the odd number rooms on higher floors. I was in room 909 an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hotel Rooms were above average, Casino was smoky could not stay long, pool and pool area left much to be desired. A one hour wait for breakfast on Sunday morning. Not sure I will return because of poor ventilation in the Casino

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino while on vacation. The hotel is very nice with modern amenities. The casino is also nice although it is smaller than others we have visited.

We are non-smokers and were surprised to find that that this hotel and casino did very little to reasonably accommodate us. I expect cigarette smoke in casinos, however, most of the ones I have visited have good ventilation systems and large no-smoking areas. The casino has a no-smoking area that is between smoking areas. It is very small and simply serves the function of giving the hotel the ability to claim it has a non-smoking gaming area. Don't be fooled, it is not sufficient. We stayed in room 817 which was very nice, however, a smoke smell was evident in the elevator lobby and hallway. This was surprising since the room was far from the casino.

The bottom line is that this is a very nice hotel that would receive an "excellent" rating from me if I were a smoker. Since I am not and the hotel and casino does not do enough to accommodate non-smoking guests, I can only rate it "average" at best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel's check in time is 4 pm. I thought it was pretty late, but I requested early check in and they were able to let me check in early. So no problem there. The room I was given was nicely decorated with all standard amenities you'd expect at this level of hotel. All and all, it was nice and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!