“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
SLC, UT
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel and area! Already planning to bring my husband for a retreat! The hotel is in a beautiful area with the most beautiful golf courses, horseback riding, small western town. Waking up to the singing of birds starts the morning off perfectly!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have but 2 criticisms of this hotel: 1) Wish the rooms were better lit 2) Wish the smell of cigarette smoke did not permeate public areas--though I will say this has improved since our last stay in Nov. 2012. We do not gamble but stayed there because a family event was held there each time. In addition to the convenience of taking an elevator to and from an event and no need for designated driver, it is great for us because most of the gamblers don't work out or swim so their heavenly large outdoor pool allowed me a lovely 1 mile long swim and the well-equipped gym was our private playground. And the staff couldn't be more accommodating and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We were in Phoenix visiting my aunt and she said she could get us a room at Wild horse pass for our last day because it was closer to the airport than her house. The hotel is beautiful and the room was very comfortable. The pool was amazing and we had a great time at the casino. My uncle actually won a good amout of money on a slot machine and treated us to dinner at Don Shula's steak house which is in the hotel. The food was delicious although everything is super expensive and also a la carte. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Received a text that 25 free rooms would be given away. I called and even though I never get through to things like this I did and was able to get a free room. They asked if I wanted a king bed or to full size. I choose a king and started planning a surprise mid week getaway for my husband and I. We got to the hotel checked in and entered the room and it was freezing. It was 62 and took a couple hours to warn up. Well we got our showers and ready for bed when a baby in the room next to us started crying and saying momma and that went on for 30 minutes before I called the front desk. I was told that they would call to see if they could do something to help them with a crying baby. My husband and I waited no phone rang all we could hear is the baby and once every 5 minutes a man say go to sleep. I called back to the front desk after one hour of this and was told Security would be going to the room. Still we didn't hear anything other then the baby and after an hour and half it was quiet. I called to order room service for my husband's breakfast to be delivered at 6am. Scheduled a wake up call for 5:30. Off to sleep we went. No wake up call but I had my alarm set on my phone thank goodness. At 6:05 no breakfast so I called down to check because my husband had to leave for work no later than 6:30. I was told that another employee called us at 5am to see if you could deliver the breakfast early and he brought it to us. Well we had no breakfast and weren't even awake at 5am. I was told it would be there within 10 minutes. 6:30 no breakfast and my husband had to leave for work with no breakfast. I called the manager and he told me he would comp the breakfast for me and I said COMP I didn't get anything. Everyone I spoke to needs customer service training. They are so rude and always tried to make me wrong. I know the room was free but if the service was good my husband and I would have went back. Gila River Casino's all have rude employees. They have beautiful casinos and hotels but of my goodness this was the worse and I will never be back to the hotel nor the casino's.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tina P
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Your feedback is much appreciated as management cannot work on correcting these challenges if we are not made aware. I would like to apologize for the poor service you received as this is not our typical practice and is unacceptable. Our standard is to always offer 4-Diamond service and we clearly fell short of this expectation with your recent stay. I will be addressing these challenges with the appropriate teams in hopes of improving in these areas. I would like the opportunity to bring you and your husband back so we can offer you the experience you deserved on your previous stay. I do hope you will consider giving us another chance. If so, I can be reached at (520) WIN-GILA ext. 4903. I look forward to hearing from you and will work diligently to correct the issues you experienced -- Denise Heintz, Director of Hotel Operations
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was expecting a smaller version of a Vegas resort, at least that's the impression I got from the pictures online and the look of the outside. What I got was a neglected best western experience with some of the worst customer service thrown in.

I arrived for my reservation around 12 and was told no rooms were yet available even though I called 30 minutes prior to confirm. No big deal I said I would wait till 1 when they said more would open up, during the hour I sat in the lobby catching up on my emails I saw the vast majority of guests get checked in and sent to their rooms with keys. At 1pm I went back to the desk and they said my room still was not ready, I asked how come so many people seemed to be able to check in and was told nonchalantly that their rooms were ready. Great. I had to leave to attend a meeting so I asked that they call me when the room was ready and I would come back. Never received a call but when I called at 7pm I was told my room was ready. I arrived at about 9pm and got checked into my room which had double beds and was a handicapped room which basically told me they gave me one of the last rooms available. One of the bed had blood stains on the sheets so I slept in the other one which I soon discovered had plastic liner over the mattress which made for a sweaty night sleep. The next morning at 5 am I heard an alarm clock coming from the adjoining room which went of every 10 minutes as the other guest snoozed it.

Needless to say after the first night I asked to be moved at 7am and was assured that when a guest checked out in would be given their room and again left my number as I left for meetings. Called twice during the day to check in and was told "any time now" but when I arrived at 5pm was told no rooms were available now. This was completely unacceptable and the staff just did not seem to care. That night was another sweaty night sleep with the neighbors alarm waking me up at 5am.

I travel 3 weeks a month for work and make it to Vegas once every couple months, even with all that travel and staying at some low end properties in the middle of nowhere this was the worst hotel experience I have had. I would never stay here again and caution others. If you encounter a problem with your stay the staff makes sure its your problem not theirs.

To end in a more positive note the casino and bars were nice and had a good energy for a smaller local casino. I would gamble here but would stay at the nearby Sheraton where I have stayed before.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank tdogg5184
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We take all comments seriously. Our goal is for all of our guests to have a 4-Diamond experience. We are very sorry about the below-standard service you received. Our front desk manager, Chris Kehoe, would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay and would welcome a call from you at 520-796-4905.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had originally been looking to book the Sheraton Wild Horse down the street. When we checked in ...the hotel did not appear to be the same our family was looking forward to. The wild horse casino is definitely cheaper than the Sheraton wild horse. We ended up canceling our last 2 nights & moved to the Sheraton. The Wild horse casino closes the pool at 9pm sharp! Someone actually kicks you out and monitors. (Kids were bummed!) It's clear they want you gambling. That must be part of the reason the rooms are so small. Its not great if you are traveling with family. The maid service comes around early (8am) surprising since there are people up until 2/3am gambling (you can hear them making their way to rooms at all hours) Even Though the hotel is smoke free, the casinos smoking hits you when you walk in the lobby. We were happy and relaxed once we moved down the street to Sheraton....awesome pools open until 11pm, smells good, spacious rooms w/balconies, beautiful grounds, trails. More of what we were looking for on a vacation.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Betsymm
Normal, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here on a lazy Friday after a business flight into Phoenix. The hotel was nice, the room was clean, the table people were friendly. I don't know if I saw anybody hit a slot machine, they seemed quite tight. Concierge folks were great on Saturday morning to help me line up transportation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
4.5 of 5 stars 236 reviews
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Harrah's Ak-chin Casino Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!