“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in Chandler
Maricopa
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Beautiful hotel and casino. Hotel very clean. Non smoking hotel, but hallways has faint cigarette smell from being in smoking casino. Excellent service from staff. Gave sleep quality average because housekeeping starts early and you can hear them in hallways knocking on doors. Other than that, an excellent choice. Have stayed many times.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be more quiet and have nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I really liked this casino! My only criticism would be that they don't keep the players' area neat and tidy. There were a lot of empty glasses sitting around and full ashtrays that never got dumped. They do come around with bottled water which is really nice!
I played the game king keno both nights I went there and did okay but I'm a nickel and a dimer. I don't put in hundreds of dollars because that's not what I like to do.
I played all night for about four hours both nights and came out 30 ahead and the next night 20 ahead, but I don't bet a lot. I go for the pure entertainment of it and I'm baffled when I see people putting in hundreds of dollars. How do you do that? I'm happy playing my quarter keno and betting four numbers and on occasion playing six numbers for the heck of it to win 400 bucks or so. We don't stay there cuz our furbaby isn't welcome there. We stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass hotel which gladly welcomes our furbaby! Thanks, Sheraton!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

excellent in every way. Super attentive staff, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and quiet stay. 10 floors, we stayed on the 10th floor and had a nice view of the surrounding mountains etc. valet and luggage service Great.

Room Tip: 10th floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed after Christmas while visiting my aunt in Sun Lakes. Outstanding customer service, very welcoming, very nice room, perfect place to stay! Ideal for relaxing and just enjoying time away from home!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Family in AZ & decided to stay at Wild Horse in December.

The Good:

Hotel rooms are modern, clean and smoke free. Very comfy bed, nice bathroom, free bottled water with in-room coffee maker. Housekeeping is outstanding. Good security as you need your room key to access hotel room elevators. Plenty of free parking or you can use their valet service. Access to the highway is very close.

The Bad:

Wi-Fi did not work for my I-Pad or I-Phone. When I asked at the front desk for assistance with this problem, two employees said that there is a "glitch" with the system and maybe if I "roamed" around the hallways with my device I might get a signal that way. PLEASE! Also I was told that checking out via the TV set was not working at this time. So, a couple of issues there for hotel management to work on.

The Smokey:

The attached casino smells like an ashtray. There is a tiny (very tiny) non-smoking area that also smells like smoke. The ashtrays by the slot machines were dirty with many cig butts in them. This casino needs to utilize their fresh outdoor air intake into their ventilation system and clean the ashtrays. I know they can afford this - the place was packed with people spending money. Just because a casino allows smoking does not give it a right to choke you with smoke when you are playing! This is the smokiest casino I have ever been to.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New River, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My daughter asked us to join them in an overnight stay at this hotel on Christmas eve....... Although we are quite traditional in our Christmas views, we did attend and had a good stay. The service was good, the room clean and comfortable. We slept well and Santa did find us.

Room Tip: Not much for views......but most stay here for the Casino use.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I saw the Wild Horse Casino on an internet list stating that it was NonSmoking. I realize that is is probably on an Indian reservation, so I just wanted to set the record straight. Much to my disappointment, the Wild Horse is NOT NonSmoking. It was actually very smoky. I went there on a weekday morning and it also did NOT have any $5 Blackjack. The "Circus" bet pays 2-1 when you have a "Flush", But the odds are quite obviously more like 3-1. So sorry, but I give it a big thumbs down.
One plus is that a new Premium Outlet mall was built a little more than 0.5 miles away by the Casino. The roadways in the area are laid out quite randomly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
We're sorry you were disappointed in your visit to the casino. Just to clarify, the casino allows smoking, but the hotel is strictly non-smoking. We also have a non-smoking area in the casino as well. Glad you enjoyed the outlet shopping though!

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!