“A new tradition?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
New River, Arizona
“A new tradition?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My daughter asked us to join them in an overnight stay at this hotel on Christmas eve....... Although we are quite traditional in our Christmas views, we did attend and had a good stay. The service was good, the room clean and comfortable. We slept well and Santa did find us.

Room Tip: Not much for views......but most stay here for the Casino use.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I saw the Wild Horse Casino on an internet list stating that it was NonSmoking. I realize that is is probably on an Indian reservation, so I just wanted to set the record straight. Much to my disappointment, the Wild Horse is NOT NonSmoking. It was actually very smoky. I went there on a weekday morning and it also did NOT have any $5 Blackjack. The "Circus" bet pays 2-1 when you have a "Flush", But the odds are quite obviously more like 3-1. So sorry, but I give it a big thumbs down.
One plus is that a new Premium Outlet mall was built a little more than 0.5 miles away by the Casino. The roadways in the area are laid out quite randomly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
We're sorry you were disappointed in your visit to the casino. Just to clarify, the casino allows smoking, but the hotel is strictly non-smoking. We also have a non-smoking area in the casino as well. Glad you enjoyed the outlet shopping though!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I spent two nights here for business and overall the hotel was great. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The casino has a very small non smoking section. The smoking section is very smokey so be prepared to smell like smoke. The staff was super friendly. If I were looking for a gambling hotel I would stay here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was a nice place to stay and gamble if you are a smoker. The hotel claims to be non smoking but the ventilation system pipes in all the recycled air from the casino filled with the smoke smell right into your non smoking room. Bad filters maybe. Even the clean bed sheets smell like smoke. Non smokers beware if you plan to stay the night. I would have to rate this place a 2 star due to the smoke laced non smoking rooms. I would rate everything else excellent the decor is great. Very good food and the gambling is great fun. To Bad they can't get the smoke smell out of there hotel. pool closed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a wonderful time. Enjoy my stay every time I go there. Definitely one of my favorite places. It's the best place for good fun with my friends and great music to dance to, with great drink prices...and close to home.

• Stayed November 2013
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very nice and relaxing and fun place to stay. We celebrated a 70th, 50th, 21st and 16th birthdays that all happened this year. This was much better that going to Las Vegas and have a staycation; we live in North Phoenix. The rooms are clean and very spacious. We booked three rooms: 1 king room, a double bed room and a suite and we all had more than enough space. We got to check in early in one room and on time for another and the suite was not ready so we got that time in a late check out.

The casino is very nicely spread out, but the 5 cent poker machines fill up fast. The only problem is there is a non-smoking section and it could be a little bigger. But, the casino with the smoking area was not all that bad :) The ventilation system is very good!

The pool area and hot tub are very nice, wish I had more time to spend there. The lobby and hall and walkway areas are clean and decorative.

We did not eat at the casino restaurants and went to the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort to "Ko Sin", and it is Native American and American food. It was So Good! They even had a complimentary champagne toast for us upon arrival, due to just saying we are "celebrating some milestone birthdays". Definitely go there to eat.

I would definitely recommend and go stay at the Casino Hotel again and recommend it to all! :)

Have a great time and win Big! We didn't but didn't lose much either...maybe next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and clean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Was in town for a wedding at the Sheraton resort, which I had originally booked out of convenience. An old friend staying at the casino hotel convinced me to stay (free shuttle to the Sheraton resort every 15 minutes or so), and I was concerned about the price difference (at first). After seeing the Trip Advisor reviews, decided to take a chance on the casino hotel and I am not sorry.

The room is fairly large, and the quality of materials used is first-rate. The doors are the heaviest, most secure I have ever encountered, and all woods used for the hotel and room are dark and luxurious, very similar to The Hotel at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Insulation is fantastic--I could not hear any noise from adjoining rooms.

The Samsung HDTV is very good (and it's most likely a smart tv), plus the bedding and sheets provided in the room are very comfortable. The bathroom had a high quality feel, and being on the ninth floor insulated us from any casino noise. Gym is standard, but well-equipped for an above-average workout. Pool looked good, but was not able to take advantage of it.

Overall, a very nice property, nice to see the casino come alive on Saturday night, and I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: High floor, though I don't think the casino's noise would travel to the lower floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Talking Stick Resort
Comfort Inn Chandler
Comfort Inn Chandler
#6 of 28 in Chandler
4.5 of 5 stars 212 reviews

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!