“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in Chandler
Chandler, Arizona
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was nice and clean. Well equipped with a coffee maker and wi-fi. Free bottled water is always a plus in the desert!! Our room overlooked the desert and pool, which was in use in the 110+ degree heat. For the most part, it was a quiet although people walking by certainly weren't using their 'inside voices'.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The first of the Valley Of The Sun casinos to open a hotel, I took up an offer to spend two nights there as a staycation of sorts. There were plenty of things of note, both good & bad.

The room is quite nice, and well appointed. The darker interior pants however made the rooms look rather drab, despite the furnishings & fabrics used. I found in many cases the room itself could have done with more brightness in the decor & some lighter aspects.

The room itself was quiet, and a decent mattress made it something more comfortable. However, the amount of furnishings in the space provided was a bit cramped on all sides. The bathrooms are beautiful, and had plenty of towels & other items in stock. I do question their use of towels, though- not the best quality for a property of this level to have in stock. That needs to be addressed, as does the quality of the toiletries being offered. Ease of access to the hotel is very Vegas-like, requiring a series of corridor connections from the main building (the casino) to the actual hotel tower.

This hotel could be so much more- but it fails to completely blow me away. It has plenty to offer... but doesn't offer the right things to the right people. As more of the Valley casinos add hotels to them (Two in the past three years to be precise) they are going to be up against competition from better-suited facilities, with far better facilities overall.

Room Tip: Asking for a room on the casino side of the building will allow for less light in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel, but our friends did, and we liked the security of the elevators (had to use your room key), and their room was beautiful. They had been given an accessible room as they arrived late. The bathroom was equipped with all the accessible needs you could ask for. Very spacious. We had lunch in the Casino at the restaurant. It was delicious. We gambled a bit and did not have to wait for a machine. The Casino is beautiful and provides a nonsmoking section. While it is small, it was adequate for the 4 of us. We joined the Players Club and we each received $10.00 of Free money to gamble with. What a deal!!! And we won some. Didn't cost us anything to play for a couple hours and went home with some cash.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this property for the first time on Saturday (6/22/13) night. We checked in around 1p without any issues. The room was very nice, contemporary design, and very relaxing. We immediately changed and headed down to the pool. The pool is nothing to brag about, but we had no problems getting a nice double-wide chaise lounger to relax on. The food/drink prices at the pool were very reasonable and the service was quick.

We went to the MMA (Rage in the Cage) fights that night and had a great time. Bought several rounds of drinks at the bar and again was surprised that the pricing was reasonable. We didn't gamble (I would've liked to have played some blackjack, but the min stakes were $10 and that's just too rich for my cheap self, as I prefer to take my time when handing my money over to the house, lol).

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I'd visit again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel this past week! I was so surprised at how great it is! I visit Chandler a couple times a year and usually stay on Chandler Blvd. somewhere but decided to try this hotel. The hotel is very clean, the rooms decorated very nicely and I was completely comfortable. I liked the fact that the elevators are not accessible without a room key! The staff was really pleasant to deal with and always greeted me when I would pass the front desk. I used Valet (complimentary) several times and found them to be very friendly and efficient. The only reason I didnt rate this hotel with a five is because I felt the mattress in the room (king size) was becoming a bit saggy and needed to be replace. Other than that, I will return!!

Room Tip: 8th floor near elevator was really convenient and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have visited this casino on at least 4 occasions. The casino itself is very modern and is always busy with locals. If you enjoy slot machines, then, be prepared to wait until one becomes available. Then, pay attention because some patrons will leave a dirty ashtray on the seat and/or their players card inserted. This is to indicate that they are using the machine and it is "theirs" and you do not need to bother use it. They will fight you tooth and nail and will call security on you and that is the case. You will need to be patience and wait in line for your favorite slot machine.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was really nice! Good food selection in the casino area and cheap compared to the other casino hotels I've stayed at. Like someone has mentioned on their review...when booking a reservation online not only you are reserving a room it's prepaid. But regardless of it, I was happy with my room. We ended up being placed in a corner suite which was really spacious. The best was that it had a full size fridge where I can stock up on some food and beverages. Overall, I was really happy with my stay and if I do go back to Phoenix I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!