“Good, but not great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in Chandler
Anthem, Arizona
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this property for the first time on Saturday (6/22/13) night. We checked in around 1p without any issues. The room was very nice, contemporary design, and very relaxing. We immediately changed and headed down to the pool. The pool is nothing to brag about, but we had no problems getting a nice double-wide chaise lounger to relax on. The food/drink prices at the pool were very reasonable and the service was quick.

We went to the MMA (Rage in the Cage) fights that night and had a great time. Bought several rounds of drinks at the bar and again was surprised that the pricing was reasonable. We didn't gamble (I would've liked to have played some blackjack, but the min stakes were $10 and that's just too rich for my cheap self, as I prefer to take my time when handing my money over to the house, lol).

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I'd visit again.

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel this past week! I was so surprised at how great it is! I visit Chandler a couple times a year and usually stay on Chandler Blvd. somewhere but decided to try this hotel. The hotel is very clean, the rooms decorated very nicely and I was completely comfortable. I liked the fact that the elevators are not accessible without a room key! The staff was really pleasant to deal with and always greeted me when I would pass the front desk. I used Valet (complimentary) several times and found them to be very friendly and efficient. The only reason I didnt rate this hotel with a five is because I felt the mattress in the room (king size) was becoming a bit saggy and needed to be replace. Other than that, I will return!!

Room Tip: 8th floor near elevator was really convenient and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have visited this casino on at least 4 occasions. The casino itself is very modern and is always busy with locals. If you enjoy slot machines, then, be prepared to wait until one becomes available. Then, pay attention because some patrons will leave a dirty ashtray on the seat and/or their players card inserted. This is to indicate that they are using the machine and it is "theirs" and you do not need to bother use it. They will fight you tooth and nail and will call security on you and that is the case. You will need to be patience and wait in line for your favorite slot machine.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was really nice! Good food selection in the casino area and cheap compared to the other casino hotels I've stayed at. Like someone has mentioned on their review...when booking a reservation online not only you are reserving a room it's prepaid. But regardless of it, I was happy with my room. We ended up being placed in a corner suite which was really spacious. The best was that it had a full size fridge where I can stock up on some food and beverages. Overall, I was really happy with my stay and if I do go back to Phoenix I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Looking forward to seeing you again!
MOAB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was nice. It does smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby but once you take the elevator to your room you can't smell that anymore. I gave it a 3 because I was woke up in the middle of the night from a couple fighting in the hallway because he must have lost all their money at the casino. Once they got in to their room the fight kept going and you could here it all. Lucky for me, my 2 children are heavy sleepers and their fight didn't wake them. We enjoyed the pool and the restaurants they have but if you want sleep, like I do cause I'm not a gambler than this hotel is not for you.

Room Tip: A room for singles or couples that want to gamble all night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel! The standard rooms are not very large but adequate. Loved the makeup mirror in the bathroom...something every hotel should provide. My only complaint was the front desk staff who were not very friendly or helpful. It wasn't until we checked out in the morning that we found person with some personality behind the desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I want people to know you don't just reserve a room, you
actually prepay for your room when making online reservations. There is no disclaimer on the website that informs you of this. The company is roomstays.com.

• Stayed June 2013
WildHorsePass, Manager at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
My apologies about your experience with RoomStays.com. This reservation third party has their own terms and conditions. Please book with us directly for a 48 hour cancellation policy. Thank you!

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!