“Casino's Great but now Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Wild Nights Package!
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Green Valley AZ
“Casino's Great but now Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We tried it this weekend - clean
Excellant staff from waiter for room service to cleaning staff.
Pleanty of safe parking
Nice pool
Elevators clean and work nicely
Will use again for stay near Phoenix

Room Tip: The best Hotel lodging I believe in the Phoenix area and would say gambling also. Its ourfavorite of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I won $400 on the penny machine!! The casino is nice, but there's just to much smoke to enjoy myself. Went back home with smokey hair and clothing. The food court is weird. They yell your name out once your order is ready but there yelling over music and slot noise. Kinda ghetto. Fat burger was good.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times "free" from the activity on my players card and its always a good time. I've never had anything happen to ruin my stay. It is a bit loud when a concert ends or a large group of people come out of the elevator to go to their room but it doesn't last long..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
queen creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

it was great expierence as soon i pulled up to valet he asked me if there was anything i needed to ask for eric, great job i will return for sure

Room Tip: try to get a room on the south side
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
santa fe, nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was a really pretty hotel. Nice decor, nice rooms, restaurants on site. Loved the pool and awesome drinks at the outdoor bar. It's not right in the middle of everything, so I liked this aspect. And a short drive to anyplace you want to go. We did the horseback riding that is nearby and that was super-fun. Only negative is that I lost too much money in the casino, lol. But I would definitely like to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

While I cannot honestly rate the resort, I can tell you that I didn’t have a good experience with Stephanie while trying to make a reservation for my Mother for Mother’s Day. I’m sure the customer service I received was not up to the standard Wild Horse Pass or any other resort would have. I didn’t want to give my money to a place with such a rude customer service rep but Mom insisted she stay here because she really enjoys it. I called the resort and spoke with a manager Matt K, he acknowledge my concerns and offered a solution that was fair and I made a reservation for my Mom.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
nocali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Pros:
Location- Although there is only a gas station and mini-mart on the property, it is just a short 10 minute drive from Chandler with all of its fabulous shopping and dining options.
Property- Lovely interior décor, well-maintained exterior with a nice outside seating area by the colored water fountain (ala the Bellagio). The pool area has a pebble-tech salt water pool with plenty of lounges and a handful of private cabanas; it gets a little raucous when the families with kids arrive though.
Service- Everyone we interacted with was helpful and friendly, save the one surly bartender at the bar outside the lobby (no tip for her!). I was particularly impressed with the service at the pool…we hadn’t even ordered anything, but the bartender came over to ask if we wanted anything before the bar closed for the day. We used valet many times and service was always quick and efficient. Housekeeping staff was excellent and unobtrusive.
Hotel Room/Amenities: We stayed on the 4th floor with a view of the pool area; all the rooms are non-smoking; nicely decorated good size standard room with comfy bed and nice linens. Wardrobe with in-room safe, desk, small convertible sofa, complimentary bottled water & free wi-fi; decent sized bathroom, but could have used double-sink and more counter space. Towels and complimentary toiletries could use an upgrade too.
Casino/Dining -
Food- Great food and plenty of options: Boarshead Deli and Fatburger in the food court were awesome; delicious and good sized portions in the café (although pleasant, our service was too slow for the time of day). Ling & Louie’s was very good Chinese food and our waitress ‘Trixie’ was wonderful…the hostess, however, was either new or inept…we waited more than 20 minutes past the time we were given for a table (as did others) while she stared at the reservation book and ignored everyone. We also ate at the famous Shula’s Steakhouse…more on that later.
Casino- on the small size, but they have ‘Let it Ride’ which is hard to find; the weekend evenings got way too crowded for me. Since drinks are not free, we really appreciated the long “Happy Hour” special prices.
Cons:
Not too many- Room: No refrigerator, terrible coffee pot situated in a poor location without a nearby electrical plug (luckily they serve Starbucks at a little coffee stand off the lobby). The rooms are definitely not sound-proofed enough…you can hear everything from the hall, music that I assume was from the nightclub and the neighboring guest room (we even heard the person in the next room snoring!) Casino area: They really over-do it with fragrance trying to mask the cigarette smell (it’s a casino, it’s going to smell like smoke).
Mixed Pro/Con:
Shula’s Steakhouse- The food was excellent, not what you could call a good value, that’s not a point of dining at a place of this caliber. However, the service we experienced was not up to par. We were promptly taken care of when first seated with a drink order and received our appetizer order quickly. After that they seemed to have forgotten where we were seated and we waited exceptionally long for our entrees. When we inquired about the wait twice we were given excuses (“the meat was resting” and then that it was due to a large party, which is never an acceptable reason to neglect your other guests). Also, the server reached over me multiple times to serve the person to my right…she was practically in my plate…which was unnecessary if she had bothered to walk to the other side of the booth. I don’t think Coach Shula would approve.
Overall Impression:
We had a lovely, relaxing time at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel Casino and we would definitely stay here again, but next time we will pack earplugs. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!