I checked in at this extended-stay hotel at the end of August and was there to the very end of September. I've never had high-hopes for these kinds of stays, but now the bar has been raised. The entire staff went well above and beyond the call for excellent customer service and truly seemed interested in making certain that my stay there was a pleasant one.
Steve: You'll recognize him by his salt-and-pepper grey hair and warm smile. He's quick with a joke, and always a pleasure to talk to. Everyone could stand to learn a thing or two about hospitality by watching the way this man does business. He's a professional, and he'll make sure that you feel welcome there.
Shannon: You'll recognize her by her calm, almost-shy demeanor, fair skin, and fiery red hair. She is bilingual, so if you need to practice your Japanese, this is the woman you should speak with. As with everyone who works here, she will go out of her way to make sure that you feel welcome. She's efficient, thorough, and friendly. I had lots of lame paper-work needs due to my company's antiquated accounting practices, but she never so much as batted an eye when I asked for three copies of something.
Valerie: This woman has the patience of a saint and you'll recognize her long, straight black hair and fantastic smile. I never felt uncomfortable asking for anything, and she genuinely seemed happy to help. She's extremely knowledgeable about the hotel, and the surrounding area. If you are looking to get out and about, ask her.
These three folks are super-stars in their own right, and like I said before, every staff-member at this hotel is extremely professional, welcoming, and resourceful.
Breakfast: It's the most important meal of the day, and most days I -- sadly -- couldn't partake. My work schedule started early and ended late, and although this hotel serves breakfast at 6:00am, I was already on my way to work by then. On the rare occasion that I did get breakfast there, it was the works. Scrabbled eggs, yogurt, fruit, waffles, hot coffee, etc. Everything you need to get fueled up, and the folks working in the kitchen make every effort to keep fresh, hot servings are out there for you to grab and go.
Dinner: If I have but one regret, it's that I couldn't get more meals in at this hotel. Dinner is served until 7:00pm, and that's when I was wrapping up work for the evening. Talking with the other guests, it sounds like the dinner and breakfast are both on par. A couple of times I was able to grab a beer or glass of wine and socialize with the other guests. I can't really comment directly about the dinner, but it did seem to draw a crowd. My room had a kitchen, so I had no trouble cooking my own meals, but if you're not much of a chef, try to make it to the lobby before 7:00pm.
The fitness room is well-equipped, the swimming pool is well-maintained, and the rooms are kept spotless. My room had an HD television in both the living room and bedroom. The living room setup includes a DVD player and there are free-to-borrow movies in the lobby store. The beds are comfortable, and each room has climate control.
Bottom-line: For the price, this is as close to a perfect stay as you can get.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Hotel Chandler
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center hotel will make you feel right at home in the southeast area of the Valley of the Sun in the Price Road Corridor. Surrounded by the beauty of the desert, Chandler, Arizona is home to offices of several Fortune 500 companies such as Intel, Wells Fargo, Amkor, Avnet and Honeywell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.