So i travel more than the average Joe (mostly on business) and have stayed at everything from 5 star hotels in Manhattan and San Francisco all the way down to "only thing in town" kind of places. What I've learned is that what you pay does not always translate to the experience received.
TA led me and my family to this hotel based on the reviews I read here - and once again, the readers got it right.
I can honestly say that the 6 days I spent in this hotel last week had me walking away smiling, thinking that my experience here was the best i've ever had. Each and every one of the staff persons (sorry, can't remember all of the names) were genuinely nice people and went out of their way to say hello and strike up a conversation...further, i really don't believe any of it was phony or forced. i think each of these staff persons has been skilled in what customer service means and how easy it really is --- smile, say hello, listen, and give a hoot.. Not rocket science, but few master this. My hats off to the management of this place for running a first class operation all the way down to the folks cleaning the rooms (very clean always) and the gentlemen taking care of the facility itself. Steve at the front desk was the first person I met and is as professional as they come. Steve - you need your own hotel to operate sir :-).
Sandra in the breakfast setup was awesome also - but so was everyone so i hate to name names for fear of leaving folks out.
We spent our 6 days in room 4031 which was on the top floor (no overhead noise possibility) and had a nice view of the pool and mountains.
The pool area is much nicer/larger than the adjacent Hampton inn (owned and managed by same folks) with more chairs and better landscaping/shade options. Pool was heated and always clean. hot tub was right temp as well. spend much time both places.
breakfast every morning introduced new options which was nice. even the waffle machine setup mixed up the waffle mixes (buttermilk/cinnamon/strawberry) for variety. they do a great job each morning.
the dinners looked nice but we were usually out and about and didn't partake so I can't comment.
When i returned, Homewood sent an automated survey and I have to say this was the first one i ever felt compelled to respond to because i wanted to make sure they got whatever credit they get for good responses. After doing so, i received a nice email from the General Mgr (Savannah) thanking me for the survey. Seriously folks - when was the last time you got an email from a hotel GM ? Quit over thinking whether this is the right place or not - it's a no brainer in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Hotel Chandler
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center hotel will make you feel right at home in the southeast area of the Valley of the Sun in the Price Road Corridor. Surrounded by the beauty of the desert, Chandler, Arizona is home to offices of several Fortune 500 companies such as Intel, Wells Fargo, Amkor, Avnet and Honeywell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.