You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“So, so great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I am definitely a wannabe luxury traveler, and VERY picky about the hotels I stay in. We vacillate between spending on luxury hotels, and more mid-range when we're not in a vacation frame of mind. Visiting friends in Phoenix, we decided to stay in a mid-range hotel, with a separate living area while traveling with our one year old. I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, but Homewood BLEW ME AWAY! Spotless...absolutely, unequivocally spotless! The rooms were pretty, neat, painstakingly clean, and had everything you'd need. I'd hazard to say that this is the ULTIMATE hotel for traveling, weary families with small children....or even older children. We also brought our two dogs ($75 fee). If every hotel was like this, I'd travel way more often with my family.

Pros:
- Free Wifi. I am SO tired of hotels charging for this! Fast and easy.
- pet friendly
- family friendly
- spacious
- kitchenette
- free hot breakfast
- free coffee at all hours in lobby
- lots of TV channels
- great location off freeway
- ample parking

Cons
- ....nothing!!

I plan on staying here again when we're in the PHX area. No doubt. Great, great hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed for five nights in January 2012. This Homewood Suites is new, and the property is in excellent shape. I stayed in a one bedroom and it had all the amenities you could need for a long term stay. I found the employees to be friendly and accommodating and I liked the morning breakfast (the usual continental plus a hot dish and a waffle maker!) and the supper available Mon-Thurs evenings from 5-7pm. I got a good deal on this property ($50 off the usual rate), but I think it's worth the rate they charge and I'd stay here again. The hotel is right next to a Hampton Inn, just up the road from the Chandler mall and quite close to a major highway. One thing about Chandler is that there is a very heavy "livestock" smell in the early morning and early evening. It doesn't last that long, and of course you can't smell it in the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and received one - no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Homewood Chandler is by far the best local hotel for travelers. The service there was great, the hotel is new, very clean and modern. They are the first hotel with truly highspeed internet (UL/DL ~4.5mbps). Also the staff are really there to help if you need something. They also have a shuttle for local trips, and the fitness center is actually sizeable with new, working machines and even some free weights!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for six months for a long term business trip and I had the best hotel services, the rooms were clean and had great food. The staff was very nice and always willing to help my stay feel more like home. I also traveled to the Homewood Suites in Albany NY and it was good but not as good as the Homewood in Chandler fashion center. I would recommend this hotel to my coworkers, family, and friends. A special thanks to Betty Ann awesome manager always friendly to guests.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
richmond, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This property is new and in great condition. The room had a very nice kitchen with a living room and bedroom. The pool is heated. Breakfast was excellent with a steak and egg mixture and rosemary potatoes as well as fruit and oatmeal and waffles. If you stay try to get the top floor as the people above us had heels on and made a lot of noise clacking around above. Also get a room on the pool side.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Folsom, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Although I booked a "non-smoking" room weeks in advance of my stay, I arrived and was given the "only room left," which was on the smoking floor. The windows do not open in these rooms, so I was forced to endure hours of restless non-sleep while breathing fumes of cigarette smoke mixed with the disgusting aroma of Febreeze. No sleep, whatsoever. The manager comp'd me the room, and gave me a $25 gift card (which was a nice gesture). I will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JohnPaulVillarreal, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. Again, we apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We do our best to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel, because of this we will be reducing our smoking rooms by half in attempt to avoid a similar issue in the future. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

John Paul Villarreal
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night for a wedding and I booked this hotel due to the excellent reviews on tripadvisor, and they were right! It is a great hotel. The staff is extra friendly and the rooms are great. The hotel is in a good location, close to the shopping mall and Costco, and a bunch of restaurants. There is plenty of parking. The rooms are nice, good decor, clean and comfortable. This hotel is great for extended stays, but I also enjoyed having the extra space (a suite) even for just one night. The free breakfast was excellent. Overall we had an easy, comfortable stay and we would recommend this hotel to others who are looking to stay in the Chandler area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center? Share your experiences!