“Good hotel but need to improve operations” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast Deal
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
“Good hotel but need to improve operations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to shopping and overall the experience was average. I'm not a light sleeper by any means but it appears the walls at this Marriott are very thin. I stayed 3 nights and I could hear people talking and TVs on in both rooms next to me from my bed. This is not an experience I've ever had. Also the doors are very load slamming which is someone common in hotels but for some reason they are very loud. Light sleepers should not expect to sleep past 5:30am.

Overall room was pretty clean and bagel as well. Carpers were disgusting and need to be cleaned or replaced. When they get this bad they need to cut their loses and replace. See pictures.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you Joe B for your response. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott we strive to make each guest's experience pleasurable and satisfied. All of our rooms come with metal-frame doors to provide extra security. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had family traveling from California coming out to see a graduation and were able to get a room here for the weekend for a reasonable price. The staff was friendly, recommended many restaurants! Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable! Never did have a chance to try the restaurant on site, but the complementary breakfast was great. Pool/spa area was also nice. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you Josh1221 for your response! We do appreciate your review and business and are happy you enjoyed your stay here with us in Chandler AZ! We hope you will choose us again next time on your visit!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

.The hotel is right off the highway and 5 minutes’ drive to the shopping mall and many restaurants. The hotel shared health facilities with the connected Fairfield Inn. The room is average, enough for a business traveler , but may not big enough for a family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you Guest for your response. We do have multiple room options to choose from including Double Queen rooms as well as Suites with additional living spaces for long-term stay or family accommodation. We hope you choose us again on your next trip to Chandler AZ!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable and all employees were really nice. My only complaint is with the restaurant. Complimentary breakfast was included in our booking but when we went to the lobby restaurant to order our food they told us the wait was at least 30 min. There was another guest who was complaining very loudly that she had been waiting for the food she ordered for nearly an hour. I just asked if we could get some coffee and cereal and they told me I could do that instead of ordering a breakfast plate. I tried to ordered a large coffee but the complimentary breakfast only included a small (tall) coffee. Since when do you have to pay for coffee at a hotel???

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest I am sorry to hear your Bistro experience was not good. Your wait time should not have been that long at all. I do apologize and hope you will choose us on your next return to Chandler AZ
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was here for busineess and was happy with the room and service. Good location close to shopping and eating options. Room was in good condition, as was the hotel lobby and common areas. They offer a shuttle service each hour to the nearby mall which is handy. However you can also walk if you do not have a car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you Matt P for your response! We appreciate your business and value you as a guest. We hope you consider us again on your future trips to Chandler!

DJ Kooner
Dual General Manager
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at this property...(I am a long-time Marriott rewards customer). Was THRILLED with the Fairfield side of this hotel 2 years ago...no complaints AT ALL. This time, I got a GREAT rate for Courtyard side so I gave that a try. Love this property's location, design, ease of parking, pool area, lobbies, etc. Very classy looking place. Hop right on the freeway to get ANYwhere. Great Mall = Shopping right next door! Check in was somewhat easy, the clerk informed me I had a "great rate" but when I asked about possibly getting a 3rd night at another "great rate" ... he completely ignored me, TWICE. Ok...nothing like making me feel welcome! Then I asked if my room would have a microwave. He said that some rooms did, some didn't...he said If I got a room without, he'd send one up (Hmmmm.... why not just give me a room WITH one?) So ... off I went to my room. (Note that the Hotel was NOT full at all this weekend). I arrived to find No Microwave. So... I called the front desk right away and (thankfully) got an answer...he said he'd send one up. And so I waited. and waited. and waited. And went for a walk to get ice. To find out that there is only 1 ice machine per floor, and my floor, and the next floor and the one below it, ALL WERE WITHOUT ice!! Finally found one on the 6th floor!! Returned to room, still no microwave. Got ready for my event, still no microwave. Finally left, hoping it would be delivered in my absence. It was in the room, on the desk, when I arrived after 9pm... I looked inside... OMG..it was FILTHY with exploded food parts!! I was disgusted!! I tried calling the front desk. No Answer....(Several times....no Answer). I took out the glass turntable (most dirtiest part) and wiped out the rest so I could use the thing. (I need it to heat a heating pad, not for food). I left the filthy glass part on the desk with a note for the maid. The next day, the dirty glass turntable was completely GONE (microwave remained, with the inside STILL FILTHY!). Really?? Who does that? I was too busy on this trip to deal with stuff like this. Also, I will add that the towels in the bath were very worn looking and there were tiles missing from the flooring/baseboard. The pool area was unkempt and scattered furniture/towels everywhere. SO not Marriott-style. SO disappointing! Maybe I got the great rate for a bargain-basement run-down room? Or, maybe..because it was Easter weekend and staff was shorthand. I was asked at checkout about my stay and I mentioned the microwave incident. Apologies and promises of more points to my account. Hmmm. Turned out ...just empty promises. Email received after my stay, again I asked for them to make it right. Still waiting... C'mon Marriott. Really? Hilton's starting to look better and better.

Room Tip: choose a higher up floor where the ice machines DO work; stay on Fairfield side if you can; ask for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you Moniclarke for your response,

We are sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Please contact the hotel immediately so we can fix this situation completely for you.

We do appreciate your business and value our customer satisfaction
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was a great selection for my team meeting. Clean, accessible, convenient to many restaurants and activities.

Conference Room setup and service was ideal for my needs. Provided projector, screen, TV/Monitor, white board and easel.

Ashley was very friendly and checked on us at least once per day while the attendants came in 2-3 times per day to ensure coffee was warm, drinks were available, and clear any rubbish.

Thanks so much! We will be back!

Mark

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!