“Nice, clean rooms but poor "dining" experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
California
“Nice, clean rooms but poor "dining" experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable and all employees were really nice. My only complaint is with the restaurant. Complimentary breakfast was included in our booking but when we went to the lobby restaurant to order our food they told us the wait was at least 30 min. There was another guest who was complaining very loudly that she had been waiting for the food she ordered for nearly an hour. I just asked if we could get some coffee and cereal and they told me I could do that instead of ordering a breakfast plate. I tried to ordered a large coffee but the complimentary breakfast only included a small (tall) coffee. Since when do you have to pay for coffee at a hotel???

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest I am sorry to hear your Bistro experience was not good. Your wait time should not have been that long at all. I do apologize and hope you will choose us on your next return to Chandler AZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was here for busineess and was happy with the room and service. Good location close to shopping and eating options. Room was in good condition, as was the hotel lobby and common areas. They offer a shuttle service each hour to the nearby mall which is handy. However you can also walk if you do not have a car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you Matt P for your response! We appreciate your business and value you as a guest. We hope you consider us again on your future trips to Chandler!

DJ Kooner
Dual General Manager
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at this property...(I am a long-time Marriott rewards customer). Was THRILLED with the Fairfield side of this hotel 2 years ago...no complaints AT ALL. This time, I got a GREAT rate for Courtyard side so I gave that a try. Love this property's location, design, ease of parking, pool area, lobbies, etc. Very classy looking place. Hop right on the freeway to get ANYwhere. Great Mall = Shopping right next door! Check in was somewhat easy, the clerk informed me I had a "great rate" but when I asked about possibly getting a 3rd night at another "great rate" ... he completely ignored me, TWICE. Ok...nothing like making me feel welcome! Then I asked if my room would have a microwave. He said that some rooms did, some didn't...he said If I got a room without, he'd send one up (Hmmmm.... why not just give me a room WITH one?) So ... off I went to my room. (Note that the Hotel was NOT full at all this weekend). I arrived to find No Microwave. So... I called the front desk right away and (thankfully) got an answer...he said he'd send one up. And so I waited. and waited. and waited. And went for a walk to get ice. To find out that there is only 1 ice machine per floor, and my floor, and the next floor and the one below it, ALL WERE WITHOUT ice!! Finally found one on the 6th floor!! Returned to room, still no microwave. Got ready for my event, still no microwave. Finally left, hoping it would be delivered in my absence. It was in the room, on the desk, when I arrived after 9pm... I looked inside... OMG..it was FILTHY with exploded food parts!! I was disgusted!! I tried calling the front desk. No Answer....(Several times....no Answer). I took out the glass turntable (most dirtiest part) and wiped out the rest so I could use the thing. (I need it to heat a heating pad, not for food). I left the filthy glass part on the desk with a note for the maid. The next day, the dirty glass turntable was completely GONE (microwave remained, with the inside STILL FILTHY!). Really?? Who does that? I was too busy on this trip to deal with stuff like this. Also, I will add that the towels in the bath were very worn looking and there were tiles missing from the flooring/baseboard. The pool area was unkempt and scattered furniture/towels everywhere. SO not Marriott-style. SO disappointing! Maybe I got the great rate for a bargain-basement run-down room? Or, maybe..because it was Easter weekend and staff was shorthand. I was asked at checkout about my stay and I mentioned the microwave incident. Apologies and promises of more points to my account. Hmmm. Turned out ...just empty promises. Email received after my stay, again I asked for them to make it right. Still waiting... C'mon Marriott. Really? Hilton's starting to look better and better.

Room Tip: choose a higher up floor where the ice machines DO work; stay on Fairfield side if you can; ask for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you Moniclarke for your response,

We are sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Please contact the hotel immediately so we can fix this situation completely for you.

We do appreciate your business and value our customer satisfaction
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was a great selection for my team meeting. Clean, accessible, convenient to many restaurants and activities.

Conference Room setup and service was ideal for my needs. Provided projector, screen, TV/Monitor, white board and easel.

Ashley was very friendly and checked on us at least once per day while the attendants came in 2-3 times per day to ensure coffee was warm, drinks were available, and clear any rubbish.

Thanks so much! We will be back!

Mark

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have used this Hotel many times and I wanted to thank them for the hospitality they gave to me and my company. We used the two conference rooms for training and they have had everything set up for me early every morning.

Room Tip: The even numbers are in the back of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Was only there for a business meeting. Arrived over an hour early thinking I could grab some breakfast. Lots of empty seats and #2 in line. Took 10 mins to get my coffee and had void the charge for breakfast as ran out of time. They give out numbers so servers know which meal goes where however the servers walk around like blind bats wondering where the meal goes. Very unorganized and no wonder the kitchen is a mess. Had I known I would have walked over to the Fairfield Inn which is connected to the courtyard and just had the buffet there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello Mr Ka7fns and thank you for your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our attached property the Fairfield Inn and Suites does have a buffet that is not made to order, though our Bistro is. Your happiness and satisfaction is our priority and at any time during, or after your stay you feel unsatisfied please contact out Hotel and speak to a Manager for immediate remedying of the situation!

We would be happy to help and further assist you in your desire to stay with us on your next visit to Chandler, AZ!

DJ Kooner
Champlin, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

It's your normal Courtyard layout. Friendly staff makes it stand out, clean, quite rooms. I wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't. Live music on some weekdays. Food is ok nothing special but if you don't feel like going out after a long day is nice to have available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Jdk_mn and thank you for your response. We pride ourselves on friendly and attentive staff to help create a wonderful experience for our Guests. Our Bistro is a made-to-order restaurant and is open during breakfast and dinner hours (as well as a full bar). We are conveniently located adjacent to the Phoenix-Chandler Fashion Center mall here in Chandler which provides over 15 popular restaurants we offer complimentary shuttle service to!

If you have any additional questions,comments or concerns please do not hesitate to call.

Dj Kooner