“Ok..but...really? Marriott... shame on you.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast Deal
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Orange Park, Florida
“Ok..but...really? Marriott... shame on you.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at this property...(I am a long-time Marriott rewards customer). Was THRILLED with the Fairfield side of this hotel 2 years ago...no complaints AT ALL. This time, I got a GREAT rate for Courtyard side so I gave that a try. Love this property's location, design, ease of parking, pool area, lobbies, etc. Very classy looking place. Hop right on the freeway to get ANYwhere. Great Mall = Shopping right next door! Check in was somewhat easy, the clerk informed me I had a "great rate" but when I asked about possibly getting a 3rd night at another "great rate" ... he completely ignored me, TWICE. Ok...nothing like making me feel welcome! Then I asked if my room would have a microwave. He said that some rooms did, some didn't...he said If I got a room without, he'd send one up (Hmmmm.... why not just give me a room WITH one?) So ... off I went to my room. (Note that the Hotel was NOT full at all this weekend). I arrived to find No Microwave. So... I called the front desk right away and (thankfully) got an answer...he said he'd send one up. And so I waited. and waited. and waited. And went for a walk to get ice. To find out that there is only 1 ice machine per floor, and my floor, and the next floor and the one below it, ALL WERE WITHOUT ice!! Finally found one on the 6th floor!! Returned to room, still no microwave. Got ready for my event, still no microwave. Finally left, hoping it would be delivered in my absence. It was in the room, on the desk, when I arrived after 9pm... I looked inside... OMG..it was FILTHY with exploded food parts!! I was disgusted!! I tried calling the front desk. No Answer....(Several times....no Answer). I took out the glass turntable (most dirtiest part) and wiped out the rest so I could use the thing. (I need it to heat a heating pad, not for food). I left the filthy glass part on the desk with a note for the maid. The next day, the dirty glass turntable was completely GONE (microwave remained, with the inside STILL FILTHY!). Really?? Who does that? I was too busy on this trip to deal with stuff like this. Also, I will add that the towels in the bath were very worn looking and there were tiles missing from the flooring/baseboard. The pool area was unkempt and scattered furniture/towels everywhere. SO not Marriott-style. SO disappointing! Maybe I got the great rate for a bargain-basement run-down room? Or, maybe..because it was Easter weekend and staff was shorthand. I was asked at checkout about my stay and I mentioned the microwave incident. Apologies and promises of more points to my account. Hmmm. Turned out ...just empty promises. Email received after my stay, again I asked for them to make it right. Still waiting... C'mon Marriott. Really? Hilton's starting to look better and better.

Room Tip: choose a higher up floor where the ice machines DO work; stay on Fairfield side if you can; ask for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you Moniclarke for your response,

We are sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Please contact the hotel immediately so we can fix this situation completely for you.

We do appreciate your business and value our customer satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was a great selection for my team meeting. Clean, accessible, convenient to many restaurants and activities.

Conference Room setup and service was ideal for my needs. Provided projector, screen, TV/Monitor, white board and easel.

Ashley was very friendly and checked on us at least once per day while the attendants came in 2-3 times per day to ensure coffee was warm, drinks were available, and clear any rubbish.

Thanks so much! We will be back!

Mark

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have used this Hotel many times and I wanted to thank them for the hospitality they gave to me and my company. We used the two conference rooms for training and they have had everything set up for me early every morning.

Room Tip: The even numbers are in the back of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Was only there for a business meeting. Arrived over an hour early thinking I could grab some breakfast. Lots of empty seats and #2 in line. Took 10 mins to get my coffee and had void the charge for breakfast as ran out of time. They give out numbers so servers know which meal goes where however the servers walk around like blind bats wondering where the meal goes. Very unorganized and no wonder the kitchen is a mess. Had I known I would have walked over to the Fairfield Inn which is connected to the courtyard and just had the buffet there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello Mr Ka7fns and thank you for your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our attached property the Fairfield Inn and Suites does have a buffet that is not made to order, though our Bistro is. Your happiness and satisfaction is our priority and at any time during, or after your stay you feel unsatisfied please contact out Hotel and speak to a Manager for immediate remedying of the situation!

We would be happy to help and further assist you in your desire to stay with us on your next visit to Chandler, AZ!

Champlin, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

It's your normal Courtyard layout. Friendly staff makes it stand out, clean, quite rooms. I wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't. Live music on some weekdays. Food is ok nothing special but if you don't feel like going out after a long day is nice to have available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Jdk_mn and thank you for your response. We pride ourselves on friendly and attentive staff to help create a wonderful experience for our Guests. Our Bistro is a made-to-order restaurant and is open during breakfast and dinner hours (as well as a full bar). We are conveniently located adjacent to the Phoenix-Chandler Fashion Center mall here in Chandler which provides over 15 popular restaurants we offer complimentary shuttle service to!

If you have any additional questions,comments or concerns please do not hesitate to call.

Dj Kooner
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a super experience with this particularCourtyard in Chandler!
Great location, right off the freeway, superior staff…we felt that we were
important and they wanted to support us! Jordon was at the desk and very
nice, thoughtful and accommodating.
Anna on the staff that booked our meeting space was so helpful even when
I kept calling back to change my requests.

I would definitely stay at this Courtyard! You will be so PLEASED to have stay
with Courtyard. I feel that the Marriott always treats us with respect!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pleased563,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit to Chandler!

Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

After staying at an Embassy Suites for business in the same location, I transferred over to this courtyard for a weekend of youth hockey and to enjoy time with the family. But after staying at the other hotel, my opinion became jaded. From the moment I stepped into the courtyard, the staff made you feel like you were imposing on their time. They couldn't be bothered in customer service.

For example, the staff on the first night made the outside fire pit available by turning it on. The second night when we asked, the man working the front desk gave the eye roll and then stated it was broken. When the adults were using the patio area, they informed us we were being too loud when all we were doing was having conversation. This is the same staff that allowed 9 year olds to run up and down their halls, slamming doors and wreaking havoc on the hotel and not doing anything about it. Plus, the second floor smelled of marijuana, but that was ok for the staff as well.

Another instance, the overnight desk clerk (Franklin) did offer to get me a fresh bag with ice from the Starbucks counter located in the lobby. However, the next night, the lady working the Starbucks area could not do that for me when I asked. I know what you're saying. Just go to the end of the hall and get ice. However, their ice machines were on timers and didn't work after a certain time. YOU HAD TO GO TO THE LOBBY TO GET ICE.

They never informed anyone of any breakfast options. However, the hotel is attached to a Fairfield with a complimentary breakfast bar. Wait! Marriott wants those that stay on the Courtyard side to "buy" breakfast, and Fairfield customers (cheaper rate) to get complimentary breakfast? Terrible set up.

The rooms were nice and cleaned to the minimum (Dust was underneath the bathroom counter). For $149 a night, and being a Courtyard, I expected much more, including better service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mark C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory, as far as the stated issue with the ice machines, our ice machines are available 24/7, however, we are more than happy to provide ice if asked at the front desk. At the Courtyard we do not include breakfast in the rate, however we do have our Bistro which serves a variety of made to order meals instead of a traditional buffet. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and hope that your trip was still enjoyable. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact the Courtyard directly.

DJ Kooner

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!