“The place to stay in Az” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast Deal
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
“The place to stay in Az”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is only a few years old, everything is in great shape. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was excellent!! Everyone greeted me with a smile when I walked by them. I will stay here whenever I visit Az.
Thanks for the great experience.
Taves

• Stayed June 2013
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Taves,
We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We do our best to make you feel comfortable and welcome, and we look forward to accomodating you on your next visit to Chandler! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Hunter Carmichael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I would first like to say that this is one of the oddest configurations I have seen, both the Fairfield and the Courtyard are connected together, on all floors. One can get from the Courtyard to the Fairfield by merely walking down the halls. I can imagine if the hotel got a little busy this would become a problem as the Fairfield tends to attract more families and therefore more noise, we did not have a problem on our visit. This is a good basic hotel, nothing flashy, what makes them stand out is the customer service. I have attached the added touches the maids do in the rooms, which isn't much to improve the quality of the room but it makes you feel better (like someone cares) while you are staying there. The front desk almost always welcomed me back to the hotel when I came through the lobby and wished me a good day when I left (I admit it did get a bit tedious but it was nice that someone cared) The room was nothing special with the basic amenities one expects from a Courtyard, comfortable bed and nothing out the back side of the hotel to cause noise (there is a hugh field with nothing on it) I did like that there were plenty of outlets in the room which is something most hotels lack. I would stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel-the other side faces the road and freeway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Heumanntouch,
We're so happy to hear that we could make you feel welcome throughout your stay! We DO care and are more than happy to show you we do. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we look forward to taking care of you on your next visit to Chandler!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed a week in May with my wife. Room looked exactly like every other Marriott courtyard ( no surprise there). The grounds around the hotel are pretty poor. One day the forgot to clean the room but gave me fresh towels and 3000 points for my trouble when I called them. Toilet wouldn't stop running but the fixed the next day after I called. Air conditioner smelled bad (smelled like a refrigerant leak when the compressor would kick on) - again, the fixed it the next day after I called. Nice people (always are at the Marriott) but they need to do a better job keeping up the place. Oh yea, and the shower smelled of mold. Not my favorite and I won't be returning there. We were at the one on Price road near Fashion mall in Chandler.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Troutbum99,
I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't fully pleased with your stay, and that you encountered so many issues with your room. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible, and we do our best to keep our property running well and respond to any issues in a timely manner. With that being said, we would have been more than happy to find you another room that met your standards. Again, I'm very sorry that you encountered so many problems, we will use your feedback to correct the stated issues and if you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wouldn't know how the rooms are because they oversold and didn't have a room for me when I arrived after 5+ hours of airport delays due to a security issue. Yes, I arrived late but the room was prepaid and I wasn't even sure if I was flying out or not due to the security issue so making a phone call to my hotel wasn't at the top of my list.
The inept front desk person then tried to move me to a Comfort Inn. I paid $180/night for a Courtyard and they want to move me to a Comfort Inn at the same cost?! I declined and told them to find another hotel. He then called the Crown Plaza (much better customer service and staff) and then asked "Um, are you like, a good hotel?" Really?!?! He tells me it is just down the road...turns out almost 5 miles away and prints out bad directions. I then have to call the Crown Plaza to get the actual directions after getting lost.
Turns out most of the hotels around are sold out...not even sure if thye will have a place for me to sleep tonight and it's wasted my day for my work trip. The again terrible customer service told me this morning they would call me if/when a room was available for check-in. Yes, I am sitting around all day waiting for you to call me...I don't have specific business reasons to be in Chandler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Meyer,
I'm sorry to hear that our service was not to your standards, we try our best to accommodate you, our guest, and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately on occasion our hotel does get oversold, and when this happens we do our best to relocate guests to available comparable hotels; despite the rough start, I hope the rest of your stay was comfortable. Again, my deepest apologies for the inconvenience and I hope that you are willing to give us a second chance next time you come to Chandler. If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com.

Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall, a good standard Marriott experience. Rooms were spacious, well maintained, but showing a bit of wear, which is unusual, as this is a fairly new hotel. Refrigerators available in the rooms, but no microwaves. Clean, quiet, with lots of restaurants and shopping about one mile away at the mall. Small, boutique restaurant in the lobby, serving light meals and expensive drinks. Excellent workout room and pool area. Water pressure in the shower varied greatly each morning I was there - not sure what that was all about.

Room Tip: Rooms are much quieter on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have shared your feedback with my entire team in effort of continuous improvement. Regarding your comment about microwaves I wanted you to know that we do offer them in all Queen/Queen bedrooms. We don’t offer them in the King bedrooms but we do have a few available if you ever need one while staying in a King room. We appreciate your choosing us and we hope to see you soon during your next visit to Chandler. If you have any other suggestions you can email directly at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com

Regards,

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My parents live in Sun Lakes and we needed a convenient hotel near their house. We chose this hotel and were not disappointed at all. Very modern comfortable, spotless. Convenient to many restaurants, 15 minutes to the airport. Not a resort hotel, but a great choice for a "business" hotel. They have a boarding pass center to allow you to print out your airline pass in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Ed,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our facility. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to visit!

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this hotel this past Sunday. Corey was working the front desk upon our arrival and demonstrated excellent customer service skills from printing directions for us to get to dinner to making me a cup of coffee (deli was currently closed) and remembered my name each and every time we passed through the front lobby.

Corey is a great asset to your hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor facing the front parking lot. We had no issue with noise of any kind
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Pamela, thank you for taking the time to share your response of our hotel and specifically our associate Cory. We appreciate the feedback and I will personally make sure he and the rest of the team are recognized amongst their peers.

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!