“Good, basic Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Thornton, Colorado
“Good, basic Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall, a good standard Marriott experience. Rooms were spacious, well maintained, but showing a bit of wear, which is unusual, as this is a fairly new hotel. Refrigerators available in the rooms, but no microwaves. Clean, quiet, with lots of restaurants and shopping about one mile away at the mall. Small, boutique restaurant in the lobby, serving light meals and expensive drinks. Excellent workout room and pool area. Water pressure in the shower varied greatly each morning I was there - not sure what that was all about.

Room Tip: Rooms are much quieter on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have shared your feedback with my entire team in effort of continuous improvement. Regarding your comment about microwaves I wanted you to know that we do offer them in all Queen/Queen bedrooms. We don’t offer them in the King bedrooms but we do have a few available if you ever need one while staying in a King room. We appreciate your choosing us and we hope to see you soon during your next visit to Chandler. If you have any other suggestions you can email directly at hunter.carmichael@whitelodging.com

Regards,

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My parents live in Sun Lakes and we needed a convenient hotel near their house. We chose this hotel and were not disappointed at all. Very modern comfortable, spotless. Convenient to many restaurants, 15 minutes to the airport. Not a resort hotel, but a great choice for a "business" hotel. They have a boarding pass center to allow you to print out your airline pass in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Ed,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our facility. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to visit!

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this hotel this past Sunday. Corey was working the front desk upon our arrival and demonstrated excellent customer service skills from printing directions for us to get to dinner to making me a cup of coffee (deli was currently closed) and remembered my name each and every time we passed through the front lobby.

Corey is a great asset to your hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor facing the front parking lot. We had no issue with noise of any kind
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Pamela, thank you for taking the time to share your response of our hotel and specifically our associate Cory. We appreciate the feedback and I will personally make sure he and the rest of the team are recognized amongst their peers.
Lubbock, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed for two weekend nights while visiting family in Chandler. The Courtyard is very clean and the rooms are quite modern. The front desk was responsive to questions and was able to provide directions and information. You don't want surprises (at least bad ones) with a chain hotel but I was surprised by the layout of the lobby area. It is very open with a front desk area that is more kiosk like. The young lady with the British accent at the front desk was lovely. It was the last week of the Olympics and she was clearly enthusiastic about it. There are several excellent restaurants not far away near the mall.I would recommend this place for business travelers or familes looking for value.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a view. Highway on one side and barren field on the other.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I travel regularly to Chandler for business and this is my go- to hotel. The facility is new, clean and well maintained. The service has always been good and they are very responsive to any issues. For example, for the firsts few times I visited the hotel, I would come back to my room to always find the tv set to Fox News. For a liberal leaning New Yorker, I found this incredibly annoying, and made my opinion known. Now housekeeping puts the TV on a nice neutral Weather Channel while you're out. Similarly, there was some nemergency work that had to be done in the middle of the night. To make it up to us, we got free Marriott points, a hand written note from the general manager and a gift.

I work out in my room when I travel, and the Courtyard has great big rooms with enough space to move.

Room Tip: This hotel is attached to the Fairfield. The Fairfield has free breakfast. The Courtyard has large...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was in Phoenix for a weekend of Spring Training games, and I needed a hotel that made it easy to get to everywhere I was going. This was exactly what I needed. I actually had a reservation at the adjoining hotel (Fairfield Inn), but when I arrived that night they were out of rooms, so they transferred my reservation here.

The staff here was nice and they were accommodating when I requested a higher floor room. The room and lobby are the in the remodeled Courtyard style.

Fashion Center is only a short drive from the hotel, as were plenty of restaurants. As I mentioned it's a good option if you're coming out to Phoenix for Spring Training baseball. It's not far off I-10 and it's about a 20 min drive to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hurricane, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just stayed there last weekend! Had a room reservation for a room with just a King Bed. At check-in asked if we could get a room with 2 queen Beds? Front Desk said no problem billed us a higher rate, but told us to check in later.(room wasn't ready) Came back only to be told nothing was available, after front desk told us it was hours earlier. We explained we were there earlier but didn't offer to help us a bit that night or the following day. Here's the kicker we still got billed a higher room rate for a room with 2 beds! Management sucks so beware!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't make any changes, cause the staff will screw everything up! Check you bill, check you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CYFFIFashionCenterGM, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Tom S, I wanted to again apologize for the service you received at my hotel. I appreciate you taking the time talk with me the other day and I am thankful for you giving us the opportunity to show you the service we know you expect from a Marriott hotel on your next visit. The service you received is not customary for my team and as we discussed on the phone we look forward to proving that to you.

Best Regards,

Hunter Carmichael

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Chandler / Fashion Center? Share your experiences!